Saturday Scrimmage Notes

Everyone is against BM. Anything to make sure he never sees the field!

The question is “who’s right and who’s wrong?” “Professional” doesn’t mean you never miss. It only means you’re less likely. I’ll own if I am wrong about Maurer but I know I’m not because I’ve witnessed it myself at every level. So the issue becomes what if he leaves and Pruitt was wrong?

The question is “who’s right and who’s wrong?” “Professional” doesn’t mean you never miss. It only means you’re less likely. I’ll own if I am wrong about Maurer but I know I’m not because I’ve witnessed it myself at every level. So the issue becomes what if he leaves and Pruitt was wrong?

The way you break down his skills and game, im curious. Why wasn't he a 5 star? Legit question.

I guess i must mistake that strong arm for his lack of ability to throw a good deep ball that hits a guy in stride.

It's because that strong arm is highly inaccurate. He has the worst accuracy of any returning QB in college football at the moment; literally last place.

The way you break down his skills and game, im curious. Why wasn't he a 5 star? Legit question.
Because the team he played for was ranked in 1000s. If he’d went to IMG or St Thomas Aquinas then he’d be a high 4 or 5*. Look at JGs numbers in Hs compared to Maurers before telling me I’m FOS.

I’m going to respond to this and leave it to ya to hate on the kid.

Accuracy once again isn’t a “stat”. It’s where a qb intends the ball to hit regardless of outcome. If you stacked an apple and a hand grenade on top of your head for an archery experts target practice, you’ll learn very quickly what “accuracy” REALLY is.

I’m not even going to debate your bias on pocket awareness. BM is head and shoulders better than JG in that department as is HB and JTS. JG has repeatedly taken sack after sack because he didn’t feel backside pressure. In fact he probably leads the SEC in sack fumbles as a result.

I’m going to challenge you to find anyone that agrees that JG is faster than BM. That’s just plain stupid. Those SPARQ tests you keep referring to (in BMs case) were done as a sophomore in HS. And just so you know he had a 34.5 in vertical then. I’ve never seen JGs but not many qbs matched it that I seen. But I could be wrong given they don’t mean chit at that point in Hs.

Arm strength is question mark tbh. We all know JTS has the strongest arm but there is a video of BM hitting the center of the goal post from 70 yards. If JG can do that then more power to him. However if a qb can throw 70+ yards their arm is considered elite. Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields both threw 73 at “Tge Opening” 2017. Jamarcus Russell had the strongest arm ever of elite 11 qbs and his was 81.

Improvising is something that BM is known for. It’s been mentioned even in your trusty practice reports. The long run up the middle vs MSU was him improvising to quick pressure off the edges. His first pass vs IU in the bowl game was him improvising and it definitely showed him to be better than a 6 out 10 in doing so. He didn’t have to do it a lot in the games but trust me, it happens routinely.

Leadership is something you SEE in body language and the response of the team. Not what someone “said”. Anyone with eyes can SEE that a JG lead team is lifeless. Like it or not the team responded to BM and he didn’t, at any time, look confused or unsure when directing traffic presnap. The offense moved with consistency with BM and it simply didn’t with JG.

Delivery I explained. You can’t add anything to it. It’s simply the amount of time from load to arrival. Truth is that one was unfair to you because you’d have to clock it to see. But BMs delivery is one of the fastest in his class. Just behind Spencer Rattler. JGs just “looks” slower if I had to guess but Idk.

And just so you know, BM was a HIGH 3* at .8817. 90 is a 4*.
Sorry man..... dude and his compadre get under my skin.
BM only threw 44% of his passes accurately regardless of completions.

Bottom of the SEC.

He isn't accurate.

BM has a higher percentage of sack fumbles than probably any qb on UT history. Let's not forget the horrible GA game after his decent one quarter. He had a huge sack fumble td.

If he had better intangibles he would have better numbers and not kept getting murdered by big hits. JG was the same way as a freshman.

The team responded to BM by getting zero wins. Great response.

They responded to JG coming back in by playing hard and winning games.

Just throwing up prayers fast is not a quick delivery. Just a liability.

The measurements are available. JH is bigger and faster. Arm is also stronger.

Maybe one day with development BM will catch up.

Truth hurts

@1vol8 there is no point in debating him...he relies on a 2 year old site as of its fact....but think FBI stats are wrong lol. That should tell you all you need to know.....bottom line unless a QB steps up and takes the job its JG....CJP wants a ball control slow paced offense....CJC likes a high powered and is not his call in the end....if BM gets a chance i think he will ball out...we find out more come gametime

Reactions: 1vol8
@1vol8 there is no point in debating him...he relies on a 2 year old site as of its fact....but think FBI stats are wrong lol. That should tell you all you need to know.....bottom line unless a QB steps up and takes the job its JG....CJP wants a ball control slow paced offense....CJC likes a high powered and is not his call in the end....if BM gets a chance i think he will ball out...we find out more come gametime
I’m not going to debate him anymore. In fact I’m getting tired of debating it at all no matter who it is. in the video above I provided proof that professionals are not always right.

I’m not going to debate him anymore. In fact I’m getting tired of debating it at all no matter who it is. in the video above I provided proof that professionals are not always right.
We know as you claim to be a professional. lmao

Can't debate facts anyway.

Fact is BM #4 for a reason same as JG is number 1 for a reason.

BM only threw 44% of his passes accurately regardless of completions.

Bottom of the SEC.

He isn't accurate.

BM has a higher percentage of sack fumbles than probably any qb on UT history. Let's not forget the horrible GA game after his decent one quarter. He had a huge sack fumble td.

If he had better intangibles he would have better numbers and not kept getting murdered by big hits. JG was the same way as a freshman.

The team responded to BM by getting zero wins. Great response.

They responded to JG coming back in by playing hard and winning games.

Just throwing up prayers fast is not a quick delivery. Just a liability.

The measurements are available. JH is bigger and faster. Arm is also stronger.

Maybe one day with development BM will catch up.

Truth hurts
while I agree that BM isn’t ready to take the reins. There no denying that he lit a fire against UGA. It was obvious to everyone here after that game. Literally no one denied it

while I agree that BM isn’t ready to take the reins. There no denying that he lit a fire against UGA. It was obvious to everyone here after that game. Literally no one denied it
Thats the things people miss when they pay attention to stats only....the see 60% completion but dont take into account 50-50 balls. Which JJ was amazing at. And check downs....

Except KTown
For one quarter.

I guess a team overplaying the run for one quarter and not respecting the pass but then shutting it down 3/4 of the game when they slightly respect the pass is lighting a fire now.

Lmao

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
Did BM and his 46% not have the same exact receivers?
Why yes...but situations are different...i mean his meaningful PT was UF. Coming in down 17 points..at half time....any one who know football knows a true freshman playing his 1st time in the swap will struggle..even more trying to make up for your superstar QB shittin the bed in thr 1st half....

Now again common sense fans would loom at his 2 startsnin which he was a
52% passing....not horrible but not great

For one quarter.

I guess a team overplaying the run for one quarter and not respecting the pass but then shutting it down 3/4 of the game when they slightly respect the pass is lighting a fire now.

Lmao
Bottom line......in the near future one of these guys will have to be developed to take over. Would you rather have an Aaron Rodgers type or Matt Ryan. At the moment UT has its choice.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
In
Why yes...but situations are different...i mean his meaningful PT was UF. Coming in down 17 points..at half time....any one who know football knows a true freshman playing his 1st time in the swap will struggle..even more trying to make up for your superstar QB shittin the bed in thr 1st half....

Now again common sense fans would loom at his 2 startsnin which he was a
52% passing....not horrible but not great

In what universe is 52% not horrible? 😂🤣😭

There’s lots of them...so you have multitudes of examples. I frequently use Aaron Rodgers in stars/offers debates because he’s an extreme example. Had NO scholarship offers outside JUCO coming outside of high school. He also had to beat out very talented competition at Cal before he became said example, so constantly throwing Maurer up as a similar example is beyond premature. Be less stressful if you follow your instincts and revisit if he ever lives up to your projections...cuz he hasn’t yet.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back