'20 SC WR Jalin Hyatt (UT SIGNEE)

And better route runner, most of the time those guys ran a fly route. Today's game has changed a lot. I believe this young man has all the tools. Pray that he stays health.
Willie in particular had the tools to put Patterson to shame. Unfortunately when a pass was contested, as a receiver, you really had to hand it to Willie. And Hancock developed stone hands at the most inopportune moments

Reactions: volsagain
But you didn't see anything indicating potential in Maurer? You're being too obvious...
Yep, obviously not. As someone else pointed out, his display was no more impressive than Chryst's the year before.

Last edited:
Sky is limit for Hyatt. I know people say that about a lot of recruits but this guy has speed you can't teach.

He's fast and highly skilled. Great hands. He made a number of one-handed catches at Dutch Fork.
Pure football player that is also a track guy.

Has that freaky Michael Jackson athleticism...

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
42f329dd213c2990ce0a9d588cf8c330.gif

Better decision making = not throwing into triple coverage. If Maurer stops making bone headed throws he'll do very well. I love his mobility and his release.

Lol.. magnifying one mistake by a freshman🙄😂 but not magnifying the many mistakes and misreads a 3rd year Jr. starter makes over and over again but yet he still gets the start and is somehow better?.i like maurer’s chances.

Reactions: BucVol98
Lol.. magnifying one mistake by a freshman🙄😂 but not magnifying the many mistakes and misreads a 3rd year Jr. starter makes over and over again but yet he still gets the start and is somehow better?.i like maurer’s chances.

He made multiple bone-headed throws, but yes he was a freshman, and yes his ceiling is higher than JG. At least he can sense backside pressure....JG cannot.

I know recruiting numbers aren't always accurate, but if the kid is 165 he needs to add some weight before he sees the field

To sit one of the fastest players in the country no matter his weight is foolish. His official laser timed 4.31 will rank him as the 4th fastest player in the NCAA. If the unofficial rumors of 4.29 are true then he would be the fastest player in the country.

To sit one of the fastest players in the country no matter his weight is foolish. His official laser timed 4.31 will rank him as the 4th fastest player in the NCAA. If the unofficial rumors of 4.29 are true then he would be the fastest player in the country.

He wont be sitting. Way to much speed to ride the pine

Yep, obviously not. As someone else pointed out, his display was no more impressive than Chryst's the year before.
You're just looking for reasons to dismiss him. I see potential which may or may not turn into performance.

LOL.... the performance of a true freshman in his first start against one of the nation's top teams vs a 5th year Sr's performance against similar opposition... and you can't even see "potential"? You are trying WAY too hard to dismiss him.

And better route runner, most of the time those guys ran a fly route. Today's game has changed a lot. I believe this young man has all the tools. Pray that he stays health.
To me watching his highlight videos, his route running and hands were what stood out. Obviously drops don't make highlight videos... but very anxious to see what he does.

Not dismissing himjust dismissing those who are showing desperation for something other than Gusrantano that they will invent reasons for embellishment of a mediocre performsnce.

VN Store

Back