Schaeffer

Lexvol

I'm Your Huckleberry
Has he ruined his chance to ever be a starting qb? Seems like this will make NFL scouts think he is less suited for this position.

naw he will play in the nfl but ainge is the future of UT ball... no more QB threads!!!

yes mid to late third round would be solid for his type of role... assuming he stays outta trubble and doesnt get hurt...

I believe he comes back, returns punts, plays a little receiver, and most of all will be used as a changeup at QB. For all the yapping coaches do, they hate it when they don't know what to expect from an opposing QB. With our ability to run QBs in on a play by play basis we will keep our opponent's defensive coordinators up late every week.

Originally posted by OldVol+Apr 19, 2005 2:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OldVol @ Apr 19, 2005 2:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UTVOLFAN@Apr 19, 2005 4:49 PM
Schaeffer wont play anything but QB

You givin&#39; odds on that?

I might take a rib dinner on that. ;) [/quote]
From what he&#39;s said all along, he seems determined to.

from what i have heard on radio talk shows and rumors.

schaeffer had the lead as our #1 qb. then he screwed it up. if he gets his stuff straight u guys he could be a force.

Originally posted by milohimself+Apr 19, 2005 6:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Apr 19, 2005 6:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by OldVol@Apr 19, 2005 2:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-UTVOLFAN
@Apr 19, 2005 4:49 PM
Schaeffer wont play anything but QB

You givin&#39; odds on that?

I might take a rib dinner on that. ;)

From what he&#39;s said all along, he seems determined to. [/quote]
He got reps at running back kicks and at receiver. I don&#39;t think they did it for fun.

I believe, if he returns, he&#39;ll play where ever he can to help the team.

I watched a practice video and he looked pretty fast returning punts...I don&#39;t know if he is the fastest, but he is close.

how long has it been since we&#39;ve run one back on a punt return? seems like forever... Schaeffer would seem to have crazy skills returning punts

Originally posted by volmanjr@Apr 21, 2005 2:04 PM
how long has it been since we&#39;ve run one back on a punt return? seems like forever... Schaeffer would seem to have crazy skills returning punts

I think that Hefney returned one for a touchdown last year, but it was called back for holding or block in the back or something stupid.

Inky Johnson returned one and almost returned 2 for a touch in the spring game.. :good:

He at no time this spring had the lead as UT&#39;s starting QB. Fulmer said early on spring didn&#39;t matter due to the numerous offensive players on the shelf for spring practice and that the Starting QB would be decided in August.
If you base the Orange and White game as significant then Clausen showed he moved the ball better than Ainge. Schaeffer&#39;s problem is the mental side of the position and feeling pressure. Ainge could very well be the starter this fall but don&#39;t be dumb enough to forget Clausen, he will have alot to say on the Starting position before the first game.

i remember the Hefney return, but its seems like ages since we had a good return man of course I suffer from CRS, hey allvol can you help me out? who was the last kick a** punt returner

well if the O&W game was any indication of our return games future, then Inky and co. should be just fine...

Rick will start&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Not Ainge&#33; Rick was just awesome in the Cotton Bowl and continued that in the O&W game&#33; Rick will start&#33;

Originally posted by Vols4life@Apr 21, 2005 3:07 PM
Rick will start&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Not Ainge&#33; Rick was just awesome in the Cotton Bowl and continued that in the O&W game&#33; Rick will start&#33;

:blink: Are you being serious V4L? I like Rick and respect what he did for us at the end of the season, but he just doesn&#39;t have the arm. Sure, he moved the ball against Vandy, Kentucky and A&M...but their defenses were ranked 81(Vandy), 86(Kentucky) and 59(A&M).

What did he do against number 5(Auburn)? Not much. His arm is just not strong enough to play against the faster secondaries that we will face in UF, LSU, UGA, bama to name a few.

ONE of the reasons that he shined in the Cotton Bowl was because our defense finally stepped up and kept Rick on the field with good field position. With as many turnover&#39;s that the Aggies had and the lack of defense, how could you not have a good day?

I like Rick, but our offense is limited with him in the game. I guess that we will just have to wait and see. You never know, Fulmer might want to rotate all 3 of them this year...

VN Store

Back