Schaeffer

vols4life i'm with you i think clausen should start ainge is good but really he played good at times but people makes it sound like joe montana auburn did eat him up and if schaeffer wouldn't have came in the game against south carolina and changed up the pace they might have one

Aside from the marshmallow teams, that bit against South Carolina was really the only time I saw Schaeffer do any good. Brent may or may not have changed, and while we can debate Ainge vs. Clausen all day and night, I think one fact is that Schaeffer has not displayed the correct demeanor to play QB in the SEC.

i'll agree miloh so it really comes down to ainge or clausen either way its a win win situation

Originally posted by volmanjr@Apr 21, 2005 1:55 PM
i remember the Hefney return, but its seems like ages since we had a good return man of course I suffer from CRS, hey allvol can you help me out? who was the last kick a** punt returner
[snapback]81843[/snapback]​

going back (to 1990) and looking at the annual leaders...

Versatile Mark Jones was probably the last kick a** punt returner ('02-'03) - avg'd 15.1 yppr in 2003.....

Terry Fair was probably the last kick a** punt returner prior to Mark Jones. He averaged 13.8 and 14.3 ('96-'97). His career average is 2nd in UT history (14.1).

Then there was the explosive Nilo 'Nitro' Silvan who average a whopping 18.1 yppr in '94.

Dale Carter avg'd 13.1 yppr in '90, but dropped down to 5.9 in '91.

Other annual leaders were ..... Rashad Baker ('01) and Eric Parker ('98-'00) were solid.... Shawn Summers led in '92-'93 and '95 (11.4, 14.2, and 9.5).

The last good kickoff returner was Peerless Price.... then Dale Carter, Carl Pickens, Randall Morris and of course probably the greatest return man in UT history... Willie Gault.

Originally posted by vols1@Apr 22, 2005 12:15 AM
vols4life i'm with you i think clausen should start ainge is good but really he played good at times but people makes it sound like joe montana auburn did eat him up and if schaeffer wouldn't have came in the game against south carolina and changed up the pace they might have one
[snapback]82603[/snapback]​

Oh yeah I guess him being a TRUE FRESHMAN doesn't give him a right to have up and down games. SC wasn't going to win that game, they had played the 1st half on emotion and it was running out. The 2nd half would have told the tale whether Schaffer had got lucky or not.

Both Clausen and Ainge have thier pluses and minuses and the fall will decide the matter.

VN Store

Back