Schaeffer

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN+Apr 21, 2005 4:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UTVOLFAN @ Apr 21, 2005 4:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-toddbond007@Apr 21, 2005 6:06 PM
right... he also destroyed ky and vandy, but they are  :crap:  :crap:  :crap:

vandy and KY destoyed our D also....and you cant blame that on injury, bc they are some of the worst in the nation. [/quote]
I don&#39;t know why that happened, but you&#39;re right - Our D sucked it up like a Hoover at the end of last year&#39;s regular season.

Who cares about last year. Lets stay positive. I predict we have 4 shut outs this year.

We have what, 17 starters returning? Last year is a huge foreshadow into how we may do this year. Let&#39;s just hope Chavis keeps that end of season breakdown from hapening again. I think Morley will do some big things, if he plays.

I say Clausen because of his smarts and how he manages a game. I am not saying Ainge cannot do that but I think Ainge just does better after watching what a defense does for a few series.

I just remember what Auburn did to him and it was bad. Clausen played AU and had a much better game. And whats with all this talk about arm strength? When did we become a team that has throw the ball 50 yards down the field?

But I will say the QB&#39;s will rotate but Rick will start.

rick will not start... as good of a mental player he is, he just doesnt have the athleticism of brent or ainge...

Originally posted by toddbond007@Apr 21, 2005 7:55 PM
rick will not start... as good of a mental player he is, he just doesnt have the athleticism of brent or ainge...

That does not matter&#33; Our offensive line is solid and on blitzes he knows where to direct our RB&#39;s to block if Riggs is not in there.

Clausen has the ability to get the offense off on the right foot as seen again in the O & W Game. At the start of the game athleticism matters very little in comparison to the offense getting off on the right foot.

Originally posted by Vols4life@Apr 21, 2005 8:30 PM
And whats with all this talk about arm strength? When did we become a team that has throw the ball 50 yards down the field?

Not only the 50+ yarders, but the 5 - 10 yard outs. In the SECCG, his passes took to long to get to the WR&#39;s period.

y&#39;all keep counting schaeffer out of the equation based on last season. I think it&#39;s gonna be funny when he gets a chance early in the season(and he will, probably florida/lsu) and shows his behind. Then I wonder what everyone will say then. It&#39;s already been said, and i&#39;ll reiterate CPF is going to play whoever gives the team the best chance to win and each of the 3 qb&#39;s offer something that is valuable.

VN Store

Back