Schaeffer

Tennessee has 3 QB's that can play the game and if Clausen is the starter that doesn't neccessarily mean he plays the whole game. The hot hand plays.

I don't think Rick can carry a team like Ainge can. When Auburn brought pressure in the SEC Champ game he couldn't get it done. If everybody does their job well sure Clausen can do fine. But Ainge has shown the ability make plays.

Peterson is a one in a million running back. But he will be put to a tougher test this season, as he will have to shoulder more of the offensive burden now that Oklahoma is bringing in freshman QB Rhett Bomar. If he still averages 100+ yards per game, I will say that Peterson is probably one of the better running backs to play the college game in a long while.

Ainge showed a lot of potential that he could do very well, and had some games where he played very well, but Peterson just went into the Big 12 guns blazing, and one could argue he was the best running back in the 2004 season.

i dont buy that clausen arm strength isnt enough he really knows the ofense its like having a coach on the field although ainge is also great

ainge is the future but i really think clausen is a diamond in the rubble and him and meachum hooked up on a couple of long throws so his arm strength shouldnt be a question

you have to really know football to understand why clausen should start most people say ainge because that seems to be the popular decision but a few times i have seen ainge force his throws

true but towards the end there rick really seemed to be settling in i mean he disected a&m but i understand a& is know auburn or lsu

Originally posted by toddbond007@Apr 21, 2005 6:06 PM
right... he also destroyed ky and vandy, but they are :crap: :crap: :crap:

vandy and KY destoyed our D also....and you cant blame that on injury, bc they are some of the worst in the nation.

Originally posted by vols1@Apr 21, 2005 3:50 PM
true but towards the end there rick really seemed to be settling in i mean he disected a&m but i understand a& is know auburn or lsu

Saying A&M is no Auburn or LSU is a vast understatement.

We all thank Rick for what he has done, but we have to realize the teams he played against with the exception of Auburn have about the same pass-defense ability as a waist-high picket fence. And the only team that DID have good pass defense - Auburn - made Clausen look like he was the top QB fresh out of PE all-stars.

Not saying he can't do well, but there's no way to judge his passing ability last season as he played against three of the worst pass defenses in the country.

VN Store

Back