Scramble for Africa 2.0

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
So, the US gives Ukraine $100 billion (and counting), while the entire continent of Africa is offered $55 billion.

US-Africa Leaders Summit Opens With Warnings Of Russia "Destabilizing" Continent | ZeroHedge

Among key developments which the Biden administration previewed going into the Washington-hosted summit is the expected announcement of a pledged $55 billion in Africa-related initiatives over the next three years.

"Working closely with Congress, the US will commit $55bn to Africa over the course of the next three years," US national security advisor Jake Sullivan said Monday.

Hey, how about this: Why don't we do s^^t for either Ukraine or Africa and keep it for ourselves over here instead?

Last edited:
So, the US gives Ukraine $100 billion (and counting), while the entire continent of Africa is offered $55 billion.

US-Africa Leaders Summit Opens With Warnings Of Russia "Destabilizing" Continent | ZeroHedge

Hey, how about this: Why don't we do s^^t for either Ukraine or Africa and keep it for ourselves over here instead?
We won't have the luxury of printing our own dollars and maintaining this standard of living if we adopt an isolationist stance. It's a global economy investments are made everywhere.

I thought you were against giving money away and nation building. Africa is a money pit with a lot of resources and filled with countries without a clue on how to run themselves. Besides, I thought you believe the US is evil and not a counter against the good guys ... Russia and China.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I thought you were against giving money away and nation building. Africa is a money pit with a lot of resources and filled with countries without a clue on how to run themselves. Besides, I thought you believe the US is evil and not a counter against the good guys ... Russia and China.
Did you read the last ******* sentence of my post?

Reactions: n_huffhines
I understand but I disagree. And I think your position can be proven wrong .
I'll admit I'm no expert. And while I think we spend too much abroad you do have to make investments and grease the wheels to get what you want/need from the rest of the world.

Did you read the last ******* sentence of my post?

No as a matter of fact I didn't ... I tend not to read a lot of your stuff about what we do with money overseas. Maybe a spoiler alert with the first sentence because it looked like you were sure headed down a different path. I still don't agree with your analysis even though it's not an either/or situation.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
How about countries like the U.S., France and U.K. stop their corporate imperialism and let the countries in Africa and their people actually profit for once.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
No as a matter of fact I didn't ... I tend not to read a lot of your stuff about what we do with money overseas.
OK, so you must have based your judgment on my first sentence. WTF is the issue with the first sentence that triggered you?

Maybe a spoiler alert with the first sentence because it looked like you were sure headed down a different path.

I thought you were against giving money away and nation building.

So you are so certain of my stances about foreign spending that you actually thought I was going down a different path? How about you show me a post in the last 5 years that advocates the US sending money anywhere overseas. I mean it should be rather easy for you azz if it exhibits enough of a pattern that you don't even have to read my posts.

I still don't agree with your analysis even though it's not an either/or situation.
Then what is it? Forget about Africa, explain to me the clever nuance you might pull out of your azz that justifies sending billions to Ukraine?

How about countries like the U.S., France and U.K. stop their corporate imperialism and let the countries in Africa and their people actually profit for once.

You really think that without outside "corporate imperialism" most of Africa could produce anything? Do you really think Russian and Chinese infestation of Africa is benign and for the good of Africans? I sincerely hope you don't believe the answer to either is a yes. If you exclude the possibility of petroleum products, what do you buy from Africa? I buy Rooibos tea regularly, but I can't think of anything else unless it's unlisted ingredients or minerals used in the manufacture of something else.

OK, so you must have based your judgment on my first sentence. WTF is the issue with the first sentence that triggered you?

So you are so certain of my stances about foreign spending that you actually thought I was going down a different path? How about you show me a post in the last 5 years that advocates the US sending money anywhere overseas. I mean it should be rather easy for you azz if it exhibits enough of a pattern that you don't even have to read my posts.

Then what is it? Forget about Africa, explain to me the clever nuance you might pull out of your azz that justifies sending billions to Ukraine?

We've been round and round the Ukraine support. We aren't going to agree. The path I thought you were taking was we were spending more to support Ukraine (a country) when we could be diverting money to Africa (an entire continent). That was a surprise since your normal thing is we shouldn't be "giving away" money to anybody - we've disagreed on that regularly, too.

I don't support most foreign aid, but I do support spending that counters Russian and Chinese influence ... or we could just hide in the closet while they corner the markets on strategic resources and areas that would make us beholden to them ... particularly the Chinese. Except for the export of some raw materials, Russia is generally as incompetent and corrupt as Africa as a whole.

I'd support spending on Africa to develop commerce and manufacturing if it could really work and not be subverted by theft and graft, but it's never worked through colonialism or since - so not much chance it's going to start now.

Reactions: Tnslim1
How do you reconcile these 2 quotes...

You really think that without outside "corporate imperialism" most of Africa could produce anything? Do you really think Russian and Chinese infestation of Africa is benign and for the good of Africans?

I don't support most foreign aid, but I do support spending that counters Russian and Chinese influence ... or we could just hide in the closet while they corner the markets on strategic resources and areas that would make us beholden to them ... particularly the Chinese. Except for the export of some raw materials, Russia is generally as incompetent and corrupt as Africa as a whole.

I'd support spending on Africa to develop commerce and manufacturing if it could really work and not be subverted by theft and graft, but it's never worked through colonialism or since - so not much chance it's going to start now.

Sounds like your assumption is that money spent in Africa will just go up in smoke and get lost in corruption... yet, we should spend money there to counter the Russians and Chinese.

You are a sheep, because your second post nullifies any reason why we should be giving money to Africa in your first post.

How do you reconcile these 2 quotes...

Sounds like your assumption is that money spent in Africa will just go up in smoke and get lost in corruption... yet, we should spend money there to counter the Russians and Chinese.

You are a sheep, because your second post nullifies any reason why we should be giving money to Africa in your first post.

This is going to sound horrible but I think we keep our hands in Ukraine because Europe has a lot of assets and powerful countries that we need to stay neutral or leaned our way.

The entire continent of Africa could turn on us and declare war and outside of Egypt none could even fire a missile this way. The continent is just Stone Age level and still very tribal.

My uncle lives in South Africa and it’s still back wards as hell there.

This is going to sound horrible but I think we keep our hands in Ukraine because Europe has a lot of assets and powerful countries that we need to stay neutral or leaned our way.

The entire continent of Africa could turn on us and declare war and outside of Egypt none could even fire a missile this way. The continent is just Stone Age level and still very tribal.

My uncle lives in South Africa and it’s still back wards as hell there.
Then why do we GAF about if China and Russia want to be in Africa? Why is our police as @AM64 says, which is to counter the Russians and Chinese on every square inch of the planet? Those resources should be used here in America.

And with regards to Ukraine, it is mainly about western politicians and those connected elites that have a racket going over there... plus, the main reason why NATO did not go away after the fall of the USSR is because their plan was to have Russia in the state that it was in from 1991-1999 under Yeltsin where they could rape and pillage the place... no different than how the western elites have been using Ukraine. But then Putin can in and broke up their racket in Russia and they just couldn't stand for that. So now they want to try to get Russia tied up in all of these military quagmires in the hopes that they get drained like we did in Vietnam or how they did in Afghanistan.

Hey we gotta keep that money flowing into Zelenskys bank account. Because poor little him is getting invaded and we have to bail him out.

I'll admit I'm no expert. And while I think we spend too much abroad you do have to make investments and grease the wheels to get what you want/need from the rest of the world.
None of us are experts. We're a cackling cacophony of kooks, at best.

Here's where I think your position can be proven false: What is it we want/need from the rest of the world? Do other countries make investments and grease wheels to get those things from the world, too? In other words, is this the American approach or is this how it is universally done?

Reactions: EasternVol and AM64
None of us are experts. We're a cackling cacophony of kooks, at best.

Here's where I think your position can be proven false: What is it we want/need from the rest of the world? Do other countries make investments and grease wheels to get those things from the world, too? In other words, is this the American approach or is this how it is universally done?
I would argue it's how it's universally done, we just have money to throw around because of the value of the American dollar. Other countries have resources they trade through deals for wants/needs. Our dollar has been the very reason we've maintained our standing. Take that away and we could damn near crumble.

Just my take on it.

Last edited:
I would argue it's how it universally done, we just have money to throw around because of the value of the American dollar. Other countries have resources they trade through deals for wants/needs. Our dollar had been the very reason we've maintained our standing. Take that away and we could damn near crumble.

Just my take on it.
We don’t have the money to throw around. That’s the problem. Our infrastructure like bridges and the electrical grid are underfunded and just one terrorist attack for making the lives of millions absolutely miserable. These people giving our money away only do it so they can get kickbacks later from speaking tours and campaign donations. It’s absolutely criminal.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back