SEC Shorts Season Ending Awards

Some of these goobers are really thinking I am just using "BVS" but why in the hell would I ever pick Tennessee to beat Florida? I would be a fool at this point to say Tennessee will beat Florida.

Tennessee was a better team thatn Florida in 23 and got mashed.

To be fair, Tennessee has Florida at home (they won in 2022) and the game isn't our first SEC game.

Ironically, we are undefeated against Florida when they are NOT our first SEC opponent.

I think we are going to get Florida at the right time this year when they are starting to trend down and struggle. I think having them as our first SEC game played a part. This is why I am more nervous about the @ Oklahoma game than most are.

Reactions: norrislakevol
To be fair, Tennessee has Florida at home (they won in 2022) and the game isn't our first SEC game.

Ironically, we are undefeated against Florida when they are NOT our first SEC opponent.

I think we are going to get Florida at the right time this year when they are starting to trend down and struggle. I think having them as our first SEC game played a part. This is why I am more nervous about the @ Oklahoma game than most are.
Agreed. Florida tends to mail it in about midway through the season if things aren't going their way.

Some of these goobers are really thinking I am just using "BVS" but why in the hell would I ever pick Tennessee to beat Florida? I would be a fool at this point to say Tennessee will beat Florida.

Tennessee was a better team thatn Florida in 23 and got mashed.
I understand your doubt if both teams are close to equal. This Fl team will be one of the worse they've had in years and we play them at home. We have a generational QB and they have no idea what they have. We will win by double digits.

Go Vols!!

I understand your doubt if both teams are close to equal. This Fl team will be one of the worse they've had in years and we play them at home. We have a generational QB and they have no idea what they have. We will win by double digits.

Go Vols!!
Honest to gawd, it's every year we say the same thing. I hope I am wrong, but I would bet, you likely picked Tennessee to beat Florida last year because the talent would win out.

Honest to gawd, it's every year we say the same thing. I hope I am wrong, but I would bet, you likely picked Tennessee to beat Florida last year because the talent would win out.
I viewed this past seasons game as a toss-up since we were on the road. JM didn't have a good record on the road and gets rattled easily. I did think we were more talented though.
Unless injuries come into play early or Nico turns out to be overrated, which I don't believe is true, we are at home and more talented. I give a big edge to the Vols. JMO

I viewed this past seasons game as a toss-up since we were on the road. JM didn't have a good record on the road and gets rattled easily. I did think we were more talented though.
Unless injuries come into play early or Nico turns out to be overrated, which I don't believe is true, we are at home and more talented. I give a big edge to the Vols. JMO
Screenshot 2024-01-22 153027.png
You picked the Vols. Nothing wrong with that. But there is something wrong with people thinking I am not being logical for not getting lost in the orange sauce and expecting Tennessee to romp over Florida. History tells us otherwise.

View attachment 613173
You picked the Vols. Nothing wrong with that. But there is something wrong with people thinking I am not being logical for not getting lost in the orange sauce and expecting Tennessee to romp over Florida. History tells us otherwise.
Yes but basically a toss up. Up to that point, thier QB hadn't done anything and I thought(hoped) JM would make enough plays to squeeze out a win. I do understand your logic but I believe the programs are heading in complete opposite directions at this point.
We now have a QB that can process quicker and make throws. Either way, we want the same results in the end. JMO

There has been only one occasion when Saban speaking didn’t grate upon my ears. B*** had just come back to defeat Ol’ Miss in the second half, and a reporter shoved a mic in Saban’s face and asked how they did it. Lucifer’s Vessel replied, “Neyland’s Maxims.”

I will not miss him. I will mute him each time I chance upon him in a broadcast.

VN Store

Back