SEC Tournament

Glv, one thing I thought at the end of the game was that even though Williams won SEC freshman of the year, no way I would ever trade her for Malaysia Fulwiley who I believe is crazy skilled. Wow, what a weekend, and season tbh. LV’s were the better opponent, gl to UT in the tourney, they are better than LSU at this point imo
I think Williams is a great player and better than Fulwiley right now. She’s consistent and usually plays at the same level game after game. Milaysia can be hit or miss. But she will be really good next year.

I think Williams is a great player and better than Fulwiley right now. She’s consistent and usually plays at the same level game after game. Milaysia can be hit or miss. But she will be really good next year.
Fulwiley almost unguardable tbh, and her handles unmatched, besides that Fulwiley is an A+ defender, Williams is a C- defender and I am likely being generous with that rating.

Last edited:
Fulwiley almost unguardedly tbh
She is…when she’s on. When she’s not…and that has happened enough times this year…she’s out of control and makes bad decisions. Williams plays with way more composure. But I think both of them have super high upsides and will probably both end their careers as All Americans.

Its apples and oranges - Williams has been a regular starter for depth-challenged LSU - 29 starts in 30 games played, and averaging 30+ mpg. Fulwiley is a reserve on a very deep Gamecock squad, with 3 starts in 31 games played, and averaging only 18.7 mpg. She has more steals, more blocks, a better A:TO, while Williams averages more ppg and rpg, and has better FG% and 3ptFG%. But Williams is more of in the flow with her team's games than Fulwiley, who has to come in and out of games more frequently. Williams is LSU's top 3-pt. option while Fulwiley may not even be SC's third best option - not to say that Fulwiley is a poor 3-pt. shooter, she's not but there are others on her team who will get first looks at taking the three before she does.

I think Williams is showing more of her full potential for the rest of her college career right now, while we've yet to see exactly what kind of player Fulwiley will ultimately become. We've gotten a lot of good looks at it, though......

For everyone hard on Kellie, at least Kellie’s team hasn’t diminished to bad behavior and gamesmanship on court unlike SC and LSU. Both teams presented unacceptable behavior that should be reviewed for punishment by the NCAA following this game.
The behavior was a direct consequence of bad officiating. Once you let them be out there basically fighting each other and not calling anything emotions are bound to rise and that happens.

The behavior was a direct consequence of bad officiating. Once you let them be out there basically fighting each other and not calling anything emotions are bound to rise and that happens.
Officiating may have had some direct correlation, but it was very clear there were other factors at play. Such a shame for the game.

She is…when she’s on. When she’s not…and that has happened enough times this year…she’s out of control and makes bad decisions
Also I noticed yesterday Fulwiley tries to be too fancy when simple will do. I think the viral video fm Paris went to her head. She missed a couple of easy shots yesterday bc she tried to dipsy do. She needs some maturity.

This is circling around on Twitter. Who knows about this 👀 I know it’s speculation but interesting if true. If it is true, it’s crazy Kim clearly doesn’t see anytbing wrong with some of Angel’s behavior.

Attachments

• IMG_6579.jpeg
    IMG_6579.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 77
Also I noticed yesterday Fulwiley tries to be too fancy when simple will do. I think the viral video fm Paris went to her head. She missed a couple of easy shots yesterday bc she tried to dipsy do. She needs some maturity.
she gets it done though...she is the type of guard I saw in Angel Velez,,,,who I am wondering about

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is circling around on Twitter. Who knows about this 👀 I know it’s speculation but interesting if true. If it is true, it’s crazy Kim clearly doesn’t see anytbing wrong with some of Angel’s behavior.
Hilarious. I was there and watching this interaction. They hugged in the handshake line, their Moms are good friends. Angel occassionally tweets support for Rickea.

This is how a kernel of truth blows up to total bs. When RIckea blocked Angel's shot late in the game, she shouted "Gimme that sh@t". Not in Angel's face, not even looking at her. Then back to play. No big deal.

Angel did get into post game apparently w Tess Darby, who'd she'd been beefing with at the free throw line earlier. Said something like "we're winning you're broke ass bitch get your money up". Taunting about out lack of NIL $ and the players they've swipped from us bc of it. Rickea was not involved in this. Clips of all this on Twitter.

Umm never heard that but heard what angel said was directed at kea but I have no proof so ehhh don’t put to much into it🤷🏽‍♀️😭

That’s what I mean about composure and being out of control. Not everything has to be a highlight reel.

I xmcant remember which game it was, but Watkins had a breakaway but decided to hit a simple layup instead of going for the dunk because the game was still close. That’s the level of maturity and decision making that Fulwiley currently lacks

Big caveat, I only saw highlights but….
How in the heck was Cardoso the only player suspended for fighting!?! For sure they had to toss her. But, if I were her I would have been running pretty hot too!! Angel Reese pulled her hair, caught her in the face with an arm, shoved her etc!
Refs do get a lot of blame here. The whole tournament they let play get too rough. Having said that, that in no way excuses KM’s horrid press conf. She is the head coach and is responsible for her players!
Glad DS apologized, KM should have too! What a sad exhibition with all those little girls there.

Big caveat, I only saw highlights but….
How in the heck was Cardoso the only player suspended for fighting!?! For sure they had to toss her. But, if I were her I would have been running pretty hot too!! Angel Reese pulled her hair, caught her in the face with an arm, shoved her etc!
Refs do get a lot of blame here. The whole tournament they let play get too rough. Having said that, that in no way excuses KM’s horrid press conf. She is the head coach and is responsible for her players!
Glad DS apologized, KM should have too! What a sad exhibition with all those little girls there.
IMO, Kamila, FJ and HVL should have all been disqualified. Apparently, HVL took a shot at Kamila's face and that's why they were checking it out. Angel should have been DQ'd earlier in the game for her antics, but wisely sat this brawl out like the little sh*t stirrer that she is.

And if you watch the replays, FJ started the whole Donnybrook yet walks away with no penalty. The moral of the story is an old one, never retaliate, that is the one that pays the price every time.
A couple of us commented on that. As long as they reviewed the tapes, I'm amazed that the refs didn't come to the same conclusion.

VN Store

Back