SEC Tournament

Fortunately we'd only have to put together 4 in a row, but that's alot. Espec when our starters play such big mins. Would have to be able to not play RJ and JP 38 mins every day.

I do think our best shot at So Car is probably this time, though I'm far fm convinced it will actually happen. Hopefully be fun to watch. I'm also really looking forward to an Ole Miss/LSU semi.

As far as the S16, unless we do beat So Car this time to raise our seed, we'd most likely have to beat either a 1 or 2 seed on their home floor to get there. Huge task, and what a schedule the last month of the season that would make - undefeated #1 ranked SC three times, defending nat champ LSU, and a #1 or #2 seed on their floor. Sheesh. If we get to the S16 thru that we should hang a freakin banner!l would be worthy of one.

And the LV's would be worthy of one.

Park-Lane is a great example of players thinking they can play in the SEC when they just can’t. Averaged 16, 17 and 20 the previous 3 seasons at seton hall. Cut that in half to 9 in the sec. Still had good assist numbers but she just couldn’t compete in this league.

Further proof of what a joke the Big East is, should not be many players getting national awards out of that league. Of course your stats are going to look great when your competition is garbage. (Cough, Aaliyah Edwards, Cough)

Morrow is a similar case, she has a team to complement her, but her numbers are also way down compared to DePaul. I do think she’s a much better player and can definitely compete in the SEC but just shows you what a joke the Big East is that she could average 21 and 14 as a freshman.

Normally, I would not be for Texas A&M, but since they and SC (elbow to Tamari’s nose and grabbing Rickea‘s arm and slinging her to the floor), played the most physically rough against TN, I hope they win and beat each other up in the next game.
Rewatch the game on YouTube, who do you believe hit Key in the nose with the inadvertent elbow? Watch again.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Park-Lane is a great example of players thinking they can play in the SEC when they just can’t. Averaged 16, 17 and 20 the previous 3 seasons at seton hall. Cut that in half to 9 in the sec. Still had good assist numbers but she just couldn’t compete in this league.

Further proof of what a joke the Big East is, should not be many players getting national awards out of that league. Of course your stats are going to look great when your competition is garbage. (Cough, Aaliyah Edwards, Cough)

Morrow is a similar case, she has a team to complement her, but her numbers are also way down compared to DePaul. I do think she’s a much better player and can definitely compete in the SEC but just shows you what a joke the Big East is that she could average 21 and 14 as a freshman.
Morrow's numbers are down but her efficiency is up. She was a volume shooter at DePaul, but is scoring at a much more efficient clip at LSU. The only reason her raw numbers are down is because she's sharing the court with Reese.

The challenge with performing at a high level when moving "up" in conferences is why I don't expect the results to translate over. We've seen that with a bunch of players at Tennessee (Dye, Walker, Wells, etc.). LPL fit this category as well, but others like Jerkaila Jordan and Morrow made the transition pretty easily.

Morrow's numbers are down but her efficiency is up. She was a volume shooter at DePaul, but is scoring at a much more efficient clip at LSU. The only reason her raw numbers are down is because she's sharing the court with Reese.

The challenge with performing at a high level when moving "up" in conferences is why I don't expect the results to translate over. We've seen that with a bunch of players at Tennessee (Dye, Walker, Wells, etc.). LPL fit this category as well, but others like Jerkaila Jordan and Morrow made the transition pretty easily.
Mulkey has really cut down on her three shooting which she was doing a lot of at DePaul. She is now more of a paint player and a very strong Duo with Reese.

Mulkey has really cut down on her three shooting which she was doing a lot of at DePaul. She is now more of a paint player and a very strong Duo with Reese.
I think DePaul was trying to transition her from a post into a wing and encouraging her to shoot those 3s (very inefficiently) in their fast-paced offense. Not quite Arkansas-style, but close. Still think if she wants a go at the WNBA she'll need to transition to being a wing, even though she's had so much success moving back into the post after Sa'Myah Smith went out. LSU does still list her as a guard on their website. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yes I agree, she has better coaching and a better team around her which have made her more efficient if less flashy in the stats department.

Can’t tell me she would have been anywhere near her DePaul averages as a Fr and SO even if she had been at a lower SEC like Auburn or somewhere where she would have been the primary scoring option.

The defense and level of athleticism is just different from the Big East to the SEC.

Man, Miss St what a disaster. Sat right behind their bench, they were totally checked out before halftime. Sam didn't even go into one of their huddles in the 4th, kept shuffling some papers around in an old school manilla folder. Really disappointed in him/them. Not sure what caused such a drastic fall off.

Rogers makes all the diff for TAM, glad they didn't have her when we played recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
I won’t be in Greenville until Saturday, but wish I was attending the UT game vs Bama tomorrow, think that will be an excellent event and very exciting. Hoping for a UT win so I can see them play SC in the semis which would be awesome. GL LV team tomorrow! And in a weird way, I hope LSU makes it to the semis also since I have never seen them play in person.

I will consider the LV Bama game must watch TV tomorrow…

Last edited:

VN Store

Back