Senator Robert Menendez Indicted (Again)

I would be surprised if he spends a day in prison. When is the last time a sitting Senator or Representative went prison?

I bet he pawns it off on his wife.

Since you asked. Notice how the convictions are 100% Republicans and how Democrats are never targeted or convicted.

Obviously, this is further proof of the lefts ownership and weaponization of the DOJ.

Ongoing federal cases against sitting federal lawmakers​

There is one against a Republican, Rep. George Santos of New York, and one against a Democrat, Menendez.

There is also a non-prosecution to mention. Rep. Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican, was informed this year by the DOJ that he would not be charged in a long-running sex trafficking probe.

Federal cases against recent members of Congress​

These are federal cases against current or former federal lawmakers. I was able to find nine targeting Republicans and eight targeting Democrats.

Former Rep. Jeff Fortenberry, a Republican from Nebraska Found guilty in 2022 of three felonies in a case that centered on campaign contributions.

Former Rep. TJ Cox, a Democrat from California – Still awaiting trial after his 2022 indictment, including for fraudulent campaign contributions.

Former Rep. Duncan Hunter, a Republican from California Sentenced to 11 months in prison for misusing campaign funds, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Chris Collins, a Republican from New YorkSentenced to 26 months in prison for insider trading, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Corrine Brown, a Democrat from Florida Served more than two years for setting up a false charity.

Former Rep. Steve Stockman, a Republican from Texas Sentenced to 10 years in prison for multiple felonies including fraud and money laundering, but pardoned by Trump after serving part of his sentence.

Former Rep. Anthony Weiner, a Democrat from New YorkSentenced to 21 months in prison for sexting with a minor.

Former Rep. Chaka Fattah, a Democrat from Pennsylvania Sentenced to 10 years in prison for racketeering, fraud and money laundering.

Former Rep. Michael Grimm, a Republican from New York Pleaded guilty and sentenced to eight months in prison for tax evasion. Attempted to run again for Congress.

Former Rep. Rick Renzi, a Republican from ArizonaSentenced to three years for corruption. Pardoned by Trump after he served time.

Sen. Bob Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey Acquitted by a judge and other charges dismissed after a jury deadlocked in a bribery case.

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democrat from IllinoisSentenced to 30 months in prison for misusing campaign funds.

Former Sen. Ted Stevens, a Republican from AlaskaConviction by jury for lying on ethics forms was later set aside over allegations of prosecutorial misconduct.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, a Democrat from LouisianaSentenced to 13 years for corruption and soliciting bribes. There was video of him taking $100,000 from an African official. Served multiple years in prison, but many of the charges were later vacated by a judge based on a US Supreme Court decision.

Former Rep. Bob Ney, a Republican from Ohio – Sentenced to 30 months after a guilty plea for corruption tied to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Former Rep. RandyDuke” Cunningham, a Republican from CaliforniaSentenced to eight years in prison after a guilty plea for bribery. Later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. James Traficant, a Democrat from Ohio Sentenced to eight years in prison for corruption after defending himself during trial. Was later expelled from the House.

Other prosecutions to consider​

Two Republican governors and two Democratic governors have been convicted in federal courts in recent decades:

Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, a Republican, was convicted for bribery and corruption. But the US Supreme Court changed the rules in corruption and bribery cases when it threw out the case against McDonnell.

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat, was convicted for trying to sell his power to appoint a replacement to Barack Obama’s Senate seat. His sentence was later commuted by Trump.

Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, a Democrat, was convicted by a jury of bribery and corruption and was sentenced to more than six years in prison.

Former Illinois Gov. George Ryan, a Republican, was convicted on corruption charges after an FBI sting.

Did we miss a federal lawmaker convicted or charged? Let me know at zachary.wolf@cnn.com.

What’s not included here​

Local prosecutions – like the state or local cases against former Rep. Trey Radel, the Republican from Florida, for cocaine possession in Washington, DC, or former Sen. Larry Craig, the Republican from Idaho, for lewd behavior in the Minneapolis airport – don’t really fit here since they were not conducted by the Department of Justice.

Some notable recent DOJ prosecutions have focused on Democrats at the state level, like Andrew Gillum, the Democrat and former Tallahassee, Florida, mayor who ran for governor and lost to Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2018. Gillum was recently acquitted of lying to the FBI.

Former Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh, also a Democrat, was sentenced to three years in prison after she pleaded guilty to charges related to a scheme in which local nonprofit organizations bought her self-published children’s book.

Bob Menendez Hires Hunter Biden’s Lawyer For Federal Corruption Case​

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) has hired the lawyer representing President Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, after Menendez was indicted last week on federal corruption charges.

CNBC reported that Menendez hired Abbe Lowell to represent him in the case — the same lawyer that he hired in 2015 to represent him in a similar corruption case, although legal experts have said that the evidence in the current case is much stronger.

Lowell was hired by Hunter Biden after his plea deal fell apart in federal court last month which eventually led to prosecutors charging Hunter Biden on firearm-related charges.

Since you asked. Notice how the convictions are 100% Republicans and how Democrats are never targeted or convicted.

Obviously, this is further proof of the lefts ownership and weaponization of the DOJ.

There is one against a Republican, Rep. George Santos of New York, and one against a Democrat, Menendez.

There is also a non-prosecution to mention. Rep. Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican, was informed this year by the DOJ that he would not be charged in a long-running sex trafficking probe.

These are federal cases against current or former federal lawmakers. I was able to find nine targeting Republicans and eight targeting Democrats.

Former Rep. Jeff Fortenberry, a Republican from Nebraska Found guilty in 2022 of three felonies in a case that centered on campaign contributions.

Former Rep. TJ Cox, a Democrat from California – Still awaiting trial after his 2022 indictment, including for fraudulent campaign contributions.

Former Rep. Duncan Hunter, a Republican from California Sentenced to 11 months in prison for misusing campaign funds, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Chris Collins, a Republican from New YorkSentenced to 26 months in prison for insider trading, but later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. Corrine
Brown, a Democrat from Florida Served more than two years for setting up a false charity.

Former Rep. Steve Stockman, a Republican from Texas Sentenced to 10 years in prison for multiple felonies including fraud and money laundering, but pardoned by Trump after serving part of his sentence.

Former Rep. Anthony Weiner, a Democrat from New YorkSentenced to 21 months in prison for sexting with a minor.

Former Rep. Chaka Fattah, a Democrat from Pennsylvania Sentenced to 10 years in prison for racketeering, fraud and money laundering.

Former Rep. Michael Grimm, a Republican from New York Pleaded guilty and sentenced to eight months in prison for tax evasion. Attempted to run again for Congress.

Former Rep. Rick Renzi, a Republican from ArizonaSentenced to three years for corruption. Pardoned by Trump after he served time.

Sen. Bob Menendez, a Democrat from New Jersey Acquitted by a judge and other charges dismissed after a jury deadlocked in a bribery case.

Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democrat from IllinoisSentenced to 30 months in prison for misusing campaign funds.

Former Sen. Ted Stevens, a Republican from AlaskaConviction by jury for lying on ethics forms was later set aside over allegations of prosecutorial misconduct.

Former Rep. William Jefferson, a Democrat from LouisianaSentenced to 13 years for corruption and soliciting bribes. There was video of him taking $100,000 from an African official. Served multiple years in prison, but many of the charges were later vacated by a judge based on a US Supreme Court decision.

Former Rep. Bob Ney, a Republican from Ohio – Sentenced to 30 months after a guilty plea for corruption tied to disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

Former Rep. RandyDuke” Cunningham, a Republican from CaliforniaSentenced to eight years in prison after a guilty plea for bribery. Later pardoned by Trump.

Former Rep. James Traficant, a Democrat from Ohio
Sentenced to eight years in prison for corruption after defending himself during trial. Was later expelled from the House.

Two Republican governors and two Democratic governors have been convicted in federal courts in recent decades:

Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, a Republican, was convicted for bribery and corruption. But the US Supreme Court changed the rules in corruption and bribery cases when it threw out the case against McDonnell.

Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat, was convicted for trying to sell his power to appoint a replacement to Barack Obama’s Senate seat. His sentence was later commuted by Trump.

Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman, a Democrat, was convicted by a jury of bribery and corruption and was sentenced to more than six years in prison.

Former Illinois Gov. George Ryan, a Republican, was convicted on corruption charges after an FBI sting.

Did we miss a federal lawmaker convicted or charged? Let me know at zachary.wolf@cnn.com.

Local prosecutions – like the state or local cases against former Rep. Trey Radel, the Republican from Florida, for cocaine possession in Washington, DC, or former Sen. Larry Craig, the Republican from Idaho, for lewd behavior in the Minneapolis airport – don’t really fit here since they were not conducted by the Department of Justice.

Some notable recent DOJ prosecutions have focused on Democrats at the state level, like Andrew Gillum, the Democrat and former Tallahassee, Florida, mayor who ran for governor and lost to Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2018. Gillum was recently acquitted of lying to the FBI.

Former Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh, also a Democrat, was sentenced to three years in prison after she pleaded guilty to charges related to a scheme in which local nonprofit organizations bought her self-published children’s book.
@rekinhavoc

Just wanted to make sure you saw this.

All the weaponization of the DOJ in one place for everyone to revel in the conspiracy of the DOJ being one sided.

Reactions: volfanhill

Resign, you bum.

See how easy that is, Republicans? We don't accuse the DOJ of being rigged or biased. We don't whine to Mommy or our favorite news outlet. We don't concoct conspiracy theories to explain away the criminality. We just want the bum gone.

So you don't believe in due process; innocent until proven guilty? Us Republicans believe in those things

@rekinhavoc

Just wanted to make sure you saw this.

All the weaponization of the DOJ in one place for everyone to revel in the conspiracy of the DOJ being one sided.
Why? I have you on ignore.

A friend told me about your post.

I asked a simple question . There was no party mentioned.

"This is a very serious charge. There's no question about it," Mr. Durbin replied when asked whether Mr. Menendez should resign during CNN's State of the Union program. "But it bears reminding us of what I have said about the indictments against Donald Trump, equally serious charges."

"These are, in fact, indictments that have to be proven under the rule of law," he said. "The person who is accused is entitled to the presumption of innocence. And it's the responsibility of the government to prove that case."

But Trump. Except the presumption of innocence part.

As a sign of good faith to the American people each side should give up their most corrupt members. Have this event annually to keep the remaining professional politicians in line.

"This is a very serious charge. There's no question about it," Mr. Durbin replied when asked whether Mr. Menendez should resign during CNN's State of the Union program. "But it bears reminding us of what I have said about the indictments against Donald Trump, equally serious charges."

"These are, in fact, indictments that have to be proven under the rule of law," he said. "The person who is accused is entitled to the presumption of innocence. And it's the responsibility of the government to prove that case."

But Trump. Except the presumption of innocence part.

As a sign of good faith to the American people each side should give up their most corrupt members. Have this event annually to keep the remaining professional politicians in line.
Shocked , 🤣

Siri, give me an example of extreme gas lighting...
Wasn't this guy indicted what 2018...then the charges dropped...we were told in the trump thread federal indictment la don't happen unless they are a slam dunk case.

Why? I have you on ignore.

A friend told me about your post.

I asked a simple question . There was no party mentioned.

Ignore? LOL - you're soft.

You asked a simple question; I gave you a detailed answer.

A simple thank you would have sufficed. Now you won't look silly acting like the DOJ is out to get just the republicans.

Hey @Weezer, why are Dems, against the party's own interests in the Senate, calling for Menendez's resignation, while those in the party of Law and Order, who should prefer the Dems be down one senator, are not calling for his resignation? Any ideas? I'm just a bit confounded because you told me both parties are morally equivalent. Looking forward to your sage advice and counsel.

A simple thank you would have sufficed. Now you won't look silly acting like the DOJ is out to get just the republicans.
Okay internet tough guy.
Soft?

Soft is sniping at people behind your 50 caliber keyboard. I get it. This is where you get to act tough.

Soft is calling people names on here . You would never have the courage to say that to their face.

Soft is thinking only your opinion matters.

I don't engage with you because you are the prototypical tough guy troll.

Hey @Weezer, why are Dems, against the party's own interests in the Senate, calling for Menendez's resignation, while those in the party of Law and Order, who should prefer the Dems be down one senator, are not calling for his resignation? Any ideas? I'm just a bit confounded because you told me both parties are morally equivalent. Looking forward to your sage advice and counsel.

I am sure there is a hidden message that the Repubs accept corruption.

I am sure there is a hidden message that the Repubs accept corruption.
I think it's pretty clear that Republicans don't want to say being under indictment is disqualifying when it comes to holding public office because, as the Grand Orange Poobah party, their leader has been indicted four times.

Okay internet tough guy.
Soft?

Soft is sniping at people behind your 50 caliber keyboard. I get it. This is where you get to act tough.

Soft is calling people names on here . You would never have the courage to say that to their face.

Soft is thinking only your opinion matters.

I don't engage with you because you are the prototypical tough guy troll.
That make you feel better?

I'd wager that you don't engage with me because I don't subscribe to your circle jerk. Calling you soft for ignoring a differing opinion is soft. I suspect you know that and that's why you're getting all lathered up.

Best put me back on ignore, I don't want to offend your delicate sensibilities any more than I have.

I think it's pretty clear that Republicans don't want to say being under indictment is disqualifying when it comes to holding public office because, as the Grand Orange Poobah party, their leader has been indicted four times.
Deep reach. This is about resigning not an electability. You think Repubs calling for his resignation would have any impact whatsoever? Of course not.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
That make you feel better?

I'd wager that you don't engage with me because I don't subscribe to your circle jerk. Calling you soft for ignoring a differing opinion is soft. I suspect you know that and that's why you're getting all lathered up.

Best put me back on ignore, I don't want to offend your delicate sensibilities any more than I have.
Will do. Bless your heart.

I like the fact that "a friend" felt the need to contact @rekinhavoc outside of the PF and tell him he'd been mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Septic

Former Rep. Corrine Brown, a Democrat from Florida Served more than two years for setting up a false charity.

Former Rep. James Traficant, a Democrat from Ohio Sentenced to eight years in prison for corruption after defending himself during trial. Was later expelled from the House.

Anthony Weiner, ole Carlos Danger! Saw him on a podcast recently. He’s still…..something. His ex, Huma Abedin and Bradley Cooper are apparently an item, so the spousal unit tells me. That’s a great list. I had forgotten about some of those.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back