Senator Threatens Revolution if Roe v. Wade Overturned

This is cute, coming from the crowd that downplayed and explained away an overrunning of the Capitol Building.

But yes, continue with your hyperbole.

Reactions: TN Ribs
Uh oh… Is the SC going to “reap the whirlwind” again?

Regardless of anyones opinion on abortion, Roe v Wade should be overturned. There’s no constitutional basis for the ruling
I’ve seen this many times over the years.

What is it about the actual construction of the law that is so egregious to some? Technically speaking.

I’ve seen this many times over the years.

What is it about the actual construction of the law that is so egregious to some? Technically speaking.
I'm not certain of your meaning in this post. This may not be what you mean. If not, please clarify. When you say "the law" are you referring to the Roe v. Wade legal decision? Because that isn't a law. Laws are bills that are passed by the legislature.

Regardless of anyones opinion on abortion, Roe v Wade should be overturned. There’s no constitutional basis for the ruling

There is basis, it's just not consistent. They use right to privacy laws, which don't apply to many, many instances where privacy is a concern.

I'm not certain of your meaning in this post. This may not be what you mean. If not, please clarify. When you say "the law" are you referring to the Roe v. Wade legal decision? Because that isn't a law. Laws are bills that are passed by the legislature.
The decision. The ruling. Whatever you want to refer to it as.

The decision. The ruling. Whatever you want to refer to it as.
There is a MAJOR difference. The legislature is supposed to write and pass laws. The judiciary is supposed to INTERPRET laws. That is not what happened with Roe v. Wade. That was a bunch of liberal Supreme Court justices writing (e.g., creating) laws that didn't exist. That is NOT the judiciary's role as defined in the U.S. Constitution.

I am so sorry that so many of you had a bad experience with the elective abortions you were required to have. They never should have been forced on you.

There is a MAJOR difference. The legislature is supposed to write and pass laws. The judiciary is supposed to INTERPRET laws. That is not what happened with Roe v. Wade. That was a bunch of liberal Supreme Court justices writing (e.g., creating) laws that didn't exist. That is NOT the judiciary's role as defined in the U.S. Constitution.
This is not what I’m asking. Thank you.

Dude, what are you smoking? Welcome to America, where we have laws that are determined by the legislature, court rulings, executive orders, popular vote, etc.

Dude, what are you smoking? Welcome to America, where we have laws that are determined by the legislature, court rulings, executive orders, popular vote, etc.
Activist liberal judges are creating laws from the bench. It is unconstitutional. They weren't elected to the legislature. Activist judges are one of the major things wrong with our government. Of course you like it. You're liberal.

There is basis, it's just not consistent. They use right to privacy laws, which don't apply to many, many instances where privacy is a concern.

It’s not a valid basis. You can’t just proclaim anything/everything is covered by a right to privacy. Obviously your right to privacy doesn’t invalidate/supersede another humans right to life. That’s the ultimate issue and why this should have been left to the states

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Activist liberal judges are creating laws from the bench. It is unconstitutional. They weren't elected to the legislature. Activist judges are one of the major things wrong with our government. Of course you like it. You're liberal.

So you're saying we do have laws that come from other sources, you just believe that they are unconstitutional. It's still a law.

It’s not a valid basis. You can’t just proclaim anything/everything is covered by a right to privacy. Obviously your right to privacy doesn’t invalidate/supersede another humans right to life. That’s the ultimate issue and why this should have been left to the states

That's why they included language about viability.

That's why they included language about viability.

If im honest I like the ruling if it were done on the appropriate level. It’s a decent compromise between the two extremes. But a right to privacy in no way is a right to an abortion.

VN Store

Back