Senator Threatens Revolution if Roe v. Wade Overturned

If im honest I like the ruling if it were done on the appropriate level. It’s a decent compromise between the two extremes. But a right to privacy in no way is a right to an abortion.

The way that the law historically looks at the right to privacy actually does kind of jive (so long as you believe a non-viable fetus is not a human with rights) with the right to abort. The right to privacy is not explicitly mentioned in the constitution, but it is implied. Right to privacy was first explained by SCOTUS Brandeis as "the right to be let alone" but it's not a concept that is clearly defined.

I am so sorry that so many of you had a bad experience with the elective abortions you were required to have. They never should have been forced on you.
And I am even more sorry that people want to justify killing another human to erase a mistake.

"My bad" doesnt seem like it would fly in court, but that's just me.

The way that the law historically looks at the right to privacy actually does kind of jive (so long as you believe a non-viable fetus is not a human with rights) with the right to abort. The right to privacy is not explicitly mentioned in the constitution, but it is implied. Right to privacy was first explained by SCOTUS Brandeis as "the right to be let alone" but it's not a concept that is clearly defined.
I am so glad we trust the government to determine who gets to count as a viable human.

Remind me on where we are supposed to stand on the governments application of the death penalty?

Because I am against both. But I have a rather rare case of being consistent.

And I am even more sorry that people want to justify killing another human to erase a mistake.

"My bad" doesnt seem like it would fly in court, but that's just me.

The problem is that a large contingent of scientifically illiterate individuals want to blanket eradicate a word they only partially understand.

I do not believe in abortion as birth control. I do believe in it as a life saving operation that doctors should not have to sweat over performing to save their patient's life or ability to have future children.

The problem is that a large contingent of scientifically illiterate individuals want to blanket eradicate a word they only partially understand.

I do not believe in abortion as birth control. I do believe in it as a life saving operation that doctors should not have to sweat over performing to save their patient's life or ability to have future children.

Yea..that is what 99% of this is about,

I am so glad we trust the government to determine who gets to count as a viable human.

Remind me on where we are supposed to stand on the governments application of the death penalty?

Nobody said you gotta trust the government to determine it. IDK when it is, so who am I to tell others when it is or to advocate to the government that they should prohibit it?

I don't think libertarianism speaks to the death penalty, but a general distrust of government leads many libertarians to oppose it.

I think i remember correctly only about 5 to 7% of abortions are for that reason...most are used as birth control

Reactions: NEO

Yep how is it that an MD can be texting while driving, hits a pregnant woman who is on her way to get an abortion by the MD, she loses the baby as a result of the accident and the MD is charged with vehicular homicide…….and she probably sues the MD for her “loss”

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Imagine white liberals arguing in favor of a practice that terminates black pregnancies 4x more often than white pregnancies...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bingo!

Legalized self inflicted genocide promoted by the same part that needs their vote to stay in power but doesn’t want them to have a large enough population to require real change and strengthening of the culture.

I hope it stays. It helps control the left wing population a little bit.

The rich and powerful of both parties will still be able to have their unwanted pregnancies resolved quickly, quietly, and discreetly regardless of how this case turns out.

Once again, America's common citizen - and especially the poor - will be the ones who bear the weight of this decision.

Pro Life isn't just about protecting the unborn, it is the acknowledgement of the sanctity of life from conception to the grave. And that is a complex and heavy responsibly to bear for all of us.

Agreed, but you are specifying a tiny percentage of abortions to justify the whole

Agreed, but you are specifying a tiny percentage of abortions to justify the whole

I wasn't justifying the whole, but simply stating the way things work. Are we actually a Republic if the laws are not equally effective for all citizens?

Nobody said you gotta trust the government to determine it. IDK when it is, so who am I to tell others when it is or to advocate to the government that they should prohibit it?

I don't think libertarianism speaks to the death penalty, but a general distrust of government leads many libertarians to oppose it.
You are still letting a third party determine the viability of the human, and then justifying the killing of the baby on the desires of that third party.

Anywhere else that is murder, clean and simple.

People just have to hide behind semantics so they dont deal with the truth of the matter.

I wasn't justifying the whole, but simply stating the way things work. Are we actually a Republic if the laws are not equally effective for all citizens?
If only there was a group of trusted individuals that knew about health that could issue some type of allowance for people to take otherwise illegal/controlled substances or actions. It would be even better if there was a subset of that group that specialized in female reproductive health.

Oh wait, doctors can issue prescriptions for otherwise illegal drugs and authorize medical procedures that arent allowed on street corners. And better yet OBGYs specialize in female reproductive health.

Our republic doesnt treat all under it the same, that's the issue. These humans have no rights for the simple fact that a third party said they dont. It's wrong.

People just have to hide behind semantics so they dont deal with the truth of the matter.

And the truth of the matter is that this is a complex, multifaceted issue that should be between a doctor and patient and guided by medical ethics.

If only there was a group of trusted individuals that knew about health that could issue some type of allowance for people to take otherwise illegal/controlled substances or actions. It would be even better if there was a subset of that group that specialized in female reproductive health.

Oh wait, doctors can issue prescriptions for otherwise illegal drugs and authorize medical procedures that arent allowed on street corners. And better yet OBGYs specialize in female reproductive health.

Our republic doesnt treat all under it the same, that's the issue. These humans have no rights for the simple fact that a third party said they dont. It's wrong.

Cool. Issue SSN at conception and allow them to count immediately towards child tax credits and dependent status.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I am so sorry that so many of you had a bad experience with the elective abortions you were required to have. They never should have been forced on you.
Are you speaking from the child's perspective?

Cool. Issue SSN at conception and allow them to count immediately towards child tax credits and dependent status.
I am fine with that. You are at least theoretically paying associated medical costs and some increase in food consumption.

See it wasnt difficult to come up with a better solution than abortion as birth control.

VN Store

Back