Senators Call for the Grounding of the 737 MAX

You and your assumptions. I didnt say Boeing. You ever hear of airline maintenance or sub contractors?
Thats the thing that I find interesting. Everyone wants to blame these airline manufacturers for some of these incidents but things like panels falling off tends to be the fault of the maintenance folks. Software failures, uninitiated dives while on autopilot and what not, yeah, thats a manufacturer issue.

Boring has earned the contempt. They stopped trying when they destroyed the tooling for the 757
It might be in their best interest to retool and begin the production line again with a Next Gen 757 (797) that they shelved a while back, almost regardless of cost. They need to get 100% committed to building the best and safest airliners again and get back in the race. Airbus has to be enjoying this about now.

Flew on two 737 MAX 9s yesterday, one of them even had a female pilot.

Lucky I survived.

It might be in their best interest to retool and begin the production line again with a Next Gen 757 (797) that they shelved a while back, almost regardless of cost. They need to get 100% committed to building the best and safest airliners again and get back in the race. Airbus has to be enjoying this about now.
I was a never Bus guy until I flew one... Boring is so far behind it isn't funny. Should have never left Seattle.

Reactions: Vol737
Great..so now America has thrown away another industry. I am not sure they Can build planes any more. Like semiconductors, just not qualified or motivated work force no matter how much money you throw at it. Just what type of employee knowingly provides such shoddy work and yet can live with themself? Damn decline of this once great nation.

Thats the thing that I find interesting. Everyone wants to blame these airline manufacturers for some of these incidents but things like panels falling off tends to be the fault of the maintenance folks. Software failures, uninitiated dives while on autopilot and what not, yeah, thats a manufacturer issue.
It would be interesting to see what the current demographics for the maintenance crews are. Has there been the turn over we’ve seen with pilots and such

It would be interesting to see what the current demographics for the maintenance crews are. Has there been the turn over we’ve seen with pilots and such
Not only would that be interesting you have to keep in mind that the FAA inspectors who certify these repair facilities are part of a union in the FAA, so their own self interests usually come first, not so much safety unless they can ride a "Safety" angle to an increase in some type of benefit or compensation. Right now these very same inspectors are raging that they can't telework all the time and have to report to an office like they did for decades before "the pandemic".

Flew on two 737 MAX 9s yesterday, one of them even had a female pilot.

Horror!

Lucky I survived.

Lucky she was white.

Horror!

Lucky she was white.

Big assumption there.

VN Store

Back