Shameful and scary..

Dooley's teams looked good to start every season....That is until they faced the slightest bit of adversity. Then they folded up like lawn chairs. I personally think that will be one major difference in CBJ coached teams!!!!!!!

Holy $&@/ sh&$.... Have you seen jones' recruiting for next season. Tell me sir ( the dumb ass who started the dooley better than jones sh$&) how many 5 star running backs came to TN under Dooley.......

NONE

How many recruiting classes under Dooley were ranked this high at this point like Jones'

Let me help you............ NONE

Dooley only looked somewhat good his first years because of the talent left over from Fulmer and the coach who's name is never to be said on this forum.

Do you remember with your small brain how the Mizzou game and how dooley let 40 sec run off the clock to go into overtime... I do I was there.

Your intellect sucks sir. Your nothing but a Negavol without a cause.

GO DIG A HOLE, JUMP IN IT, AND NEVER COME OUT

Reactions: 1 person
You got issues dude. No attention at home?

Lol what are my issues?

And all I'm saying is we have no idea if Butch is a great coach or not....and this thread is about stats, so I made a (Twisted) comparison about Dooley and Butch.

I never said Dooley was better then Butch, I believe Butch is a good coach. Dooley was a mediocre coach with bad luck.

But the real question is.....is he a great coach, or at least a good coach with good luck?

Holy $&@/ sh&$.... Have you seen jones' recruiting for next season. Tell me sir ( the dumb ass who started the dooley better than jones sh$&) how many 5 star running backs came to TN under Dooley.......

NONE

How many recruiting classes under Dooley were ranked this high at this point like Jones'

Dooley only looked somewhat good his first years because of the talent left over from Fulmer and the coach who's name is never to be said on this forum.

Do you remember with your small brain how the Mizzou game and how dooley let 40 sec run off the clock to go into overtime... I do I was there.

1. How many 5stars RB has butch signed? None
He hasn't even signed a 4 or 3 star.

2. How many recruiting classes were ranked as high as Jones? All 3 of Dooley's classes were higher then Jones.

I'm not a negavol either, I'm just not a mindless sheep.

Like I said I hope butch does well. I'm 99% sure butch will get us to 8 wins a year, I'm hoping he can get us 10+ wins a year.

Last edited:
1. How many 5stars has butch signed? None

2. How many recruiting classes were ranked as high as Jones? All 3 of Dooley's classes were higher then Jones.

Like I said I hope butch does well.

Didn't say he signed, I said how many did he have at this point in the process........

NONE

Dooley cut out every bit of interaction from other past players.
In your mind if you were a player a TN and wanted to come back to help in the future and your past coach said your not welcome here.... Would you play for him

Didn't say he signed, I said how many did he have at this point in the process........

NONE

Dooley cut out every bit of interaction from other past players.
In your mind if you were a player a TN and wanted to come back to help in the future and your past coach said your not welcome here.... Would you play for him

Ok you said how many 5 star RB did he have "come" to Tennessee. My answer is still the same and is true.

All I'm saying is stats can be twisted anyway you want them to fit your argument.

I'm not saying Dooley is better then Jones. Calm down

1. How many 5stars has butch signed? None

Like I said I hope butch does well. I'm 99% sure butch will get us to 8 wins a year, I'm hoping he can get us 10+ wins a year.

Maybe not understanding your 4 and 3* argument North was a four I'm sure Carr also...Dobbs anyone?...and Sutton leads a host of 3s in Butch's first class..like I said..missed your point
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Maybe not understanding your 4 and 3* argument North was a four I'm sure Carr also...Dobbs anyone?...and Sutton leads a host of 3s in Butch's first class..like I said..missed your point
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You were talking about 5 star RB, so I was talking about RB only.

I fixed it, I could see where the confusion came from, sorry.

NONE

I would love to know who started a Dooley is better than Jones thread. That would be stupid. I did see a thread that said they had similar results in their opening games at UT though. It also said something about the attendance being lower for Butch Jones' opener which I find shocking and damn near shameful. I wonder where that thread went?

Last edited:
This thread man, my goodness. Can we at least wait for the awesome recruiting class to come through first before we start crushing Jones? Give the guy a chance!!M

I would love for you to find anywhere in this thread where anybody, including myself, has crushed Jones? What the hell have you been reading?

Taking my orange tinted glasses off, (Which 99% of you guys can't)

I can make a case that says Dooley is better then Jones easy.

Dooley recruited better then Jones(At the moment Jones has signed a 22 rank class and you can't go by the 14 class bc all those are verbals.)

Dooley beat Jones head to head

Dooley has coached SEC games

Dooley has came within a touchdown or less from beating 5 or more top 10 teams. (Dont feel like looking it up)

Dooley has never lost more the 7 games, Jones has lost 8.

Etc, Etc... All those are facts^^

Stats can be twisted in anyway to fit your conclusion.

You guys make fun of Dooley for the 13 men on the field, but Jones iced the kicker vs Louisville and he missed and the 2nd try he got it. Isn't that just as embarrassing?

Let the flaming and meltdown begin.lol

I'm glad we have butch, but I'm sick of people acting like Dooley is the Antichrist, he is a former Tennessee Coach and deserves more respect.

Edit: and btw you guys use the excuse talent disparity when talking about Butch's lose to Dooley, well is sure didn't matter in the Louisville vs Florida game? (Did I just blow your mind?)

After 3 years of watching what Dooley did to this program, namely being the first coach to "lead" UT to back to back to back losing seasons for the first time since 1909-1911.... and this is what you come up with?? You go ahead stick with your coach who won 41% of his games, 1 winning season and no championships in 6 years and I'll go with the guy who has won 65% of his games, 5 winning seasons and 4 championships in 6 years.

Are you sure you're watching the right sport? We're talking about football.... not futbol.

I would love to know who started a Dooley is better than Jones thread. That would be stupid. I did see a thread that said they had similar results in their opening games at UT though. It also said something about the attendance being lower for Butch Jones' opener which I find shocking and damn near shameful. I wonder where that thread went?

Wasn't a thread. Poster in this thread stated his "case" for why Dooley is better than Butch.

Dooley was the worst coach in this programs history. That's a d*** fact. He had a losing record coming in as a HC and he left here with a losing record as a HC. CBJ comes in with a respectable record and our team showed more discipline in game 1 than I've ever seen, even if it was AP, and you're gonna defend a guy that wasted away 3 years of this program?

I believe he was making the point that we should not be so generous with Jones yet... I don't think his point was to defend Dooley.

People are drinking Jones' koolaid right now... they need to step back and let him prove something first.

I believe he was making the point that we should not be so generous with Jones yet... I don't think his point was to defend Dooley.

People are drinking Jones' koolaid right now... they need to step back and let him prove something first.

You're drinking it too. A lot of your post suggest you support Butch & Believe this team can win games they shouldn't.

You're drinking it too. A lot of your post suggest you support Butch & Believe this team can win games they shouldn't.

Nope. Just using logic. And we differ on what games they "could" or "should" win. This is a better roster than Dooley had in '10. This schedule is no worse and probably better than that one. If Jones is a better coach then he should beat the six teams he has a clear talent advantage over and then a team that has roughly equal or slightly more overall talent. That simply isn't asking too much if he is the coach to lead UT back to the top.

I like him. I'll support him. I CHOOSE to be hopeful... AND realistic. That is far from "koolaid" drinking. Some idiots equate being negative with being "realistic"... I don't. I also do not think high expectations equates to "koolaid" drinking.

I supported Dooley. I supported Kiffin. I supported Fulmer. It is what "fan" does when his team hires a coach.

Last edited:
Some research you left out that might shed light on the attendence.

2 years removed from a trip to the SECCG when Dools took over.
5 years since we've played for a conf. title and 2 years since a bowl game at all!

The fact that only 2000 less people showed up is a mericle!

P.S. I was there

Also since you pointed out the similarities here are some differnces.

17-20 Dooley's record before showing up at UT
1 out of 3 winning seasons

50-27 Jones' record
5 out of 6 winning season
4 Confrence Titles.

VN Store

Back