Shane Mathews says Bru and Squirrel will not play vs UF

Maybe we will finally see a darn HB screen to Sampson. Teams keep bringing the house on us, and we've yet to utilize it much to keep them honest and let Sampson get the wheels going in the open field.
In all of Heup's games I don't think I ever ever recall a HB screen, because I've yelled the same thing for 2 years now. Instead it seems like he likes to run that little shovel pass forward to Sampson (which I hate because there is always traffic), and as of lately seems like most defenses have started picking up on.

Reactions: rocketskates
In all of Heup's games I don't think I ever ever recall a HB screen, because I've yelled the same thing for 2 years now. Instead it seems like he likes to run that little shovel pass forward to Sampson (which I hate because there is always traffic), and as of lately seems like most defenses have started picking up on.
Evans #8 vs Florida 3 years ago. Took it to the house for a TD. No idea why we haven’t run it more often or possibly ever again .

Reactions: Peyton_ManThing
Bru would be a big loss, I’m not sure backups could do better than Squirrel atm though. No offense to the guy, has had a rough season so far

I'm curious how we got so many banged up at Arkansas? Its not like we were throwing to the receivers very often. I can sort of understand guys in the trenches getting banged up a lot because every play they're battling guys as big as they are.

Anyway, we need to dominate this game with Florida from beginning to end. Its Florida though, so anything can happen as we've often seen in the past.

Go Vols

It's not like the receivers were on the field that long.

Reactions: Mustng959

Exactly. Its like our opponents have ZERO film on such a play. I would be willing to make a hefty bet that a good HB screen to Sampson would go for 25-35 yards the first time they run it when our opponent is showing blitz.

Squirrel is more than a concussion, he won’t play again this season. Bru could play but he’s in a cast and would struggle to catch the ball. Thornton will play

I've never liked the way he handles injuries. If they're hurt just say they're out. You have fans looking forward to watching them play and he's just lying the whole time.
And he could send us game plan cliffs notes too.
Possibly laminated play charts so we watch the right guys each play while the other side has to guess.

VN Store

Back