Shooter's parents charged in Oxford High School shooting

Schools should be obligated to put actual safety measures in place like armed guards or something. This lock the doors and hide under the desk protocol isn’t cutting it

I wonder how other first world / G7 countries deal with this issue? We don't hear much about school shootings even from Switzerland, where their citizens own guns at a higher rate than Americans.

It would be interesting to know how their use of ADD drugs differ from ours.
And parenting or lack thereof.

These are two areas where people get really defensive. I have dealt with so many parents who weren't ready to have children but couldn't be bothered to use contraception. Instead of parenting their child, they just chunk them full of medication and hope the school system will fix them.

I wonder how other first world / G7 countries deal with this issue? We don't hear much about school shootings even from Switzerland, where their citizens own guns at a higher rate than Americans.
Good question. Maybe we just have more evil people than Switzerland. I’d like to see national guardsmen in schools or police. No more soft targets

Maybe we just have more evil people than Switzerland.

Maybe. The Land of the Free is also the Land of the Highest Incarceration Percentage in the World. Might need to admit it's not a feature but a bug at some point.

How about let’s rethink the way we are raising kids? Much cheaper and less intrusive.
Does the state not have an obligation to provide a safe environment if they prohibit the people within it from arming themselves? I don’t think you can parent evil kids, some people are just pure evil. It’s a shame he just didn’t kill himself before all this

Does the state not have an obligation to provide a safe environment if they prohibit the people within it from arming themselves? I don’t think you can parent evil kids, some people are just pure evil. It’s a shame he just didn’t kill himself before all this

I don’t think the state is responsible for providing a safe environment.

I don’t think the state is responsible for providing a safe environment.
Ordinarily I wouldn’t. But when they prohibit people from protecting themselves on the states property then I think a responsibility is created

Maybe. The Land of the Free is also the Land of the Highest Incarceration Percentage in the World. Might need to admit it's not a feature but a bug at some point.

It’s nice to continually turn career criminals loose with $1000 bail.

It’s nice to continually turn career criminals loose with $1000 bail.

First: It was bond, not bail. Wee bit of a difference there.
Second: What does the bond process have to do with the US imprisoning a greater percentage of its population than any other country?

First: It was bond, not bail. Wee bit of a difference there.
Second: What does the bond process have to do with the US imprisoning a greater percentage of its population than any other country?

Probably want to ask about 60 other people.

Probably want to ask about 60 other people.

You're expecting me to connect the horrific incident in Waukesha (which I agree, the low bond was horribly inappropriate) with a multigenerational, multifaceted issue that existed before the Waukesha incident.

Connect the dots for me.

Good question. Maybe we just have more evil people than Switzerland. I’d like to see national guardsmen in schools or police. No more soft targets
No, we are already have SRO's. But kids already hate school and it feels like prison, no need to make it worse. Fix terrible parenting, people actually taking responsibility for their actions, and over medication then we can talk about more extreme steps.

Are they charging the high school kids as an adult?

He is a minor or he isn't. I'm fine with charging the parents so long as they charge the 15 yr old as a minor. Treating him differently for the separate charges seems capricious.

Are they charging the high school kids as an adult?

He is a minor or he isn't. I'm fine with charging the parents so long as they charge the 15 yr old as a minor. Treating him differently for the separate charges seems capricious.
Ummmmmmm? A minor means hes in jail for 3 years and hes out...... This kid is old enough to know what hes doing, hes old enough to know better, and hes old enough to know the consequences. Throw the book at him.

Reactions: SlipKidVol

Serious question: where in society do you think the bug exists?

I mean it, serious question for discussion. I take you are an educator.

You're expecting me to connect the horrific incident in Waukesha (which I agree, the low bond was horribly inappropriate) with a multigenerational, multifaceted issue that existed before the Waukesha incident.

Connect the dots for me.

Just because worthless people don’t kill and injure people due to a failed system doesn’t mean they should walk free.

Ummmmmmm? A minor means hes in jail for 3 years and hes out...... This kid is old enough to know what hes doing, hes old enough to know better, and hes old enough to know the consequences. Throw the book at him.
Please don't mistake my post as any sympathy or hope of leniency for the shooter.
Parents of Oxford school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley charged
Sheriff Michael Bouchard also stressed to NBC News that it is “illegal for someone” at age 15 to “possess or carry a handgun.”

“So if they participated in that, that’s clearly a crime,” he stressed.
I'm just inquiring as to the consistency of the charges.
If you remove contributing to the delinquency of a minor aspects, what charges are the parents liable to face?

So since he’s charged as an adult and knew better the parents should be absolved of all charges?

VN Store

Back