Shooter's parents charged in Oxford High School shooting

Please don't mistake my post as any sympathy or hope of leniency for the shooter.

I'm just inquiring as to the consistency of the charges.
If you remove contributing to the delinquency of a minor aspects, what charges are the parents liable to face?
Involuntary manslaughter, which I thought I saw them charged with. As well as aiding and abetting.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Please don't mistake my post as any sympathy or hope of leniency for the shooter.

I'm just inquiring as to the consistency of the charges.
If you remove contributing to the delinquency of a minor aspects, what charges are the parents liable to face?
I'd compare this to charging a drug dealer with the death of a someone who OD's. Which I think happens pretty regularly in a lot of states.

These kind of things only apply to white parents, black people are immune from prosecution because of the color of their skin.
Interesting. That is news to me.

The Story Behind Kamala Harris's Truancy Program : Code Switch : NPR

And of that record, one of the initiatives that has drawn the most attention is the truancy program that she pushed for in the state legislature. Passed in 2011, the law allowed district attorneys to charge parents with a misdemeanor if their children missed 10 percent of the school year without a valid reason.

The state shouldn’t be responsible for providing an education.

That’s a different question than “provide a safe environment“. But no the state shouldn’t be responsible for providing an education either.

That Muslim kid wasn’t arrested for building an innocent clock. His family put him up to it knowing they’d generate publicity and get a pay day. Not much different than someone finding a slick spot in a store and purposefully falling there to get an injury.

Not that it really matters to the point of the tweet, but can you back this up? Because as far as I know, this is only right-wing conspiracy theory stuff (we're not prejudiced against Muslims because he tricked us into showing our prejudice):

After reviewing these theories, Avi Selk of The Dallas Morning News wrote: "No theory that The News has reviewed cites any evidence that Ahmed, who routinely brought electronic creations to his middle school and said he wanted to impress high school teachers, planned to get handcuffed and hit the news" and reported that "a police 'investigation determined the student apparently did not intend to cause alarm bringing the device to school'.

Ahmed Mohamed clock incident - Wikipedia

Reactions: Septic

VN Store

Back