Should a business be allowed to exclude the unvaccinated?

Should a business be allowed to exclude the unvaccinated?

• Yes

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

lawgator1

I guess this could apply to really any business with direct public sales. But you get the idea. And this I suppose means yes, you would have to show proof of vaccine.

Curious as to what people think on this issue.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Businesses should be allowed to exclude people for any reason.
Wouldn't go that far. Immutable characteristics (race, sex, nationality, age) should not be a basis for exclusion. Voluntarily electing to not get vaccinated and risk infecting others, hell yes that's a basis to exclude.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Wouldn't go that far. Immutable characteristics (race, sex, nationality, age) should not be a basis for exclusion. Voluntarily electing to not get vaccinated and risk infecting others, hell yes that's a basis to exclude.
Any reason!

eta: that kinda felt to me like the government official telling Indiana Jones, "top men", at the end of RotLA.

Well we differ.

I mean any reason. An owner should be able to exclude doing business with another for any reason whatsoever.

Yes they should. Only caveat would be to catch people at the door before there is an expectation of service. Seems like a mess to let people into a restaurant, after waiting in line, get them seated, and then check their papers.

I don't disagree with your sentiments, but if the business is not part of the gov, they should have (and they do have it) the freedom to serve as they see fit. Yes, that opens the door for businesses to perpetuate racism, homophobia, etc. It's an ugly truth and tradeoff for freedom.

Reactions: Vol737 and McDad
Yes they should. Only caveat would be to catch people at the door before there is an expectation of service. Seems like a mess to let people into a restaurant, after waiting in line, get them seated, and then check their papers.
Us gunowners are obliged to adhere to signage visible from outside closed doors, so I would think the same idea could easily apply for this hypotheitcal situation.

Reactions: McDad

Walking a very thin legal line here as if you turn someone away who does not have the vaccine and is excluded due to a disability then that business is in real hot water.

The person with the disability would also not need to state this and could simply walk away or a person could lie and say yes the have a disability and are excluded and then come in an infect someone and the business could be liable.

It’s the same as snow on a business tenants property. If it’s the landlords job per the lease and the tenant doesn’t touch it and someone slips the lessor is on the hook but if it’s the lessors job and the lessee touches it and someone slips then the lessee has brought the liability on him.

A smart business owner stays completely out of this mix and leaves it up to the CDC.

As a paralegal I am sure your bosses may have briefed you on how volatile this could be.

They should always be able to make the decision to have rules like that without government intrusion. They can, and should, also get roasted on social media and lose business when they take it too far.

Why? If there's a need then someone can fill the hole and drive the others out of business

Wouldn't they only be infecting those who are unvaccinated?

I don't disagree with your sentiments, but if the business is not part of the gov, they should have (and they do have it) the freedom to serve as they see fit. Yes, that opens the door for businesses to perpetuate racism, homophobia, etc. It's an ugly truth and tradeoff for freedom.
And I want to see that so I can call them racists or homophobic and take my money elsewhere.

VN Store

Back