Should a business be allowed to exclude the unvaccinated?

Should a business be allowed to exclude the unvaccinated?

• Yes

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters
A better poll question would be should a business be allowed to require proof of vaccine and just how would they do that?

Sure

A business can do that if they want. The decision to exclude the unvaccinated would most definitely hurt profits.

I am not sure that it would. I remember when they started banning smoking in bars. Bar owners were scared to death it was going to hurt profits and they found the opposite to be true. You might find that people who are vaccinated flocking to such locations.

Wouldn't go that far. Immutable characteristics (race, sex, nationality, age) should not be a basis for exclusion. Voluntarily electing to not get vaccinated and risk infecting others, hell yes that's a basis to exclude.
It’s discrimination either way. Are we going to say that some discrimination is good?
Serious question…. Not trying to be a smart a.
Edit: I guess businesses treat loyal customers different than new ones at times so we could argue that they already discriminate. I just answered my own question, carry on :)

I think that baker had every right to refuse that product for the reasons they offered and the couple could decide to take their business elsewhere. And the community could decide if they wanted that baker in their community or not with their money.

I knew that gay wedding cake post was going to get some bites. Ha!

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
I am not sure that it would. I remember when they started banning smoking in bars. Bar owners were scared to death it was going to hurt profits and they found the opposite to be true. You might find that people who are vaccinated flocking to such locations.
That is a good point. A business could also ostracize regular patrons that will never get vaxxed.

easy card to counterfeit

610V3qI8M2L._AC_SY355_.jpg

I don't disagree with your sentiments, but if the business is not part of the gov, they should have (and they do have it) the freedom to serve as they see fit. Yes, that opens the door for businesses to perpetuate racism, homophobia, etc. It's an ugly truth and tradeoff for freedom.
They do not though, they can be sued and run out of business for refusing service.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I knew that gay wedding cake post was going to get some bites. Ha!
Free right to chose is free right to chose. And this is a great item for debate. Remember the reason the baker offered. Religious beliefs not homophobic reasons. Now of course the screechers will claim homophobic but the baker offered to bake them any other item(s) they wanted… just not a wedding cake.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64
Free right to chose is free right to chose. And this is a great item for debate. Remember the reason the baker offered. Religious beliefs not homophobic reasons. Now of course the screechers will claim homophobic but the baker offered to bake them any other item(a) they wanted… just not a wedding cake.

Oh I remember.

Free right to chose is free right to chose. And this is a great item for debate. Remember the reason the baker offered. Religious beliefs not homophobic reasons. Now of course the screechers will claim homophobic but the baker offered to bake them any other item(a) they wanted… just not a wedding cake.

The baker shouldnt even need to provide a reason.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Not intending the thread or OP to be a gotcha, but I would point out that some GOP stars have opposed this. DeSantis promoted and signed a bill this last session that prohibits businesses from requiring proof of vaccination. I think i posted about it at the time because I thought it was inconsistent for conservatives to say on the one hand that government could not tell business that they must require proof of vaccination, but on the other have government ban them from doing so.

Last edited:
Not intending the thread or OP ot be a gotcha, but I would point out that some GOP stars have opposed this. DeSantis promoted and signed a bill this last session that prohibits busisness fro requiring proof of vaccination. I think i posted about it at the time because I thought it was inconsistent for conservatives to say on the one hand that government could not tell business that they must require proof of vaccination, but on the other have government ban them from doing so.

the board leans more libertarian than conservative

Free right to chose is free right to chose. And this is a great item for debate. Remember the reason the baker offered. Religious beliefs not homophobic reasons. Now of course the screechers will claim homophobic but the baker offered to bake them any other item(s) they wanted… just not a wedding cake.

What in his religion prohibits the baking of a cake for a gay wedding?

Not intending the thread or OP ot be a gotcha, but I would point out that some GOP stars have opposed this. DeSantis promoted and signed a bill this last session that prohibits busisness fro requiring proof of vaccination. I think i posted about it at the time because I thought it was inconsistent for conservatives to say on the one hand that government could not tell business that they must require proof of vaccination, but on the other have government ban them from doing so.
Guess what they all suck.

Just like your boy letting unvaccinated and sick illegals into the country. Or suddenly having an issue with immigration, when they are Cubans.

VN Store

Back