Should Churches Pay Taxes?

(allvol123 @ Jul 27 said:
don't tell me I can't comprehend intellectually, who are you? Master of the universe. Not being able to control an urge or impulse is not a disease. I am beginning to think personal responsibility is a disease, since so many of you try tirelessly to aovid it.

Hey, I admit I am being a somewhat picky d!ck on this. I am just trying to help allvol123 appear more educated to his readers.

I am beginning to think personal responsibility is a disease, since so many of you try tirelessly to aovid it.

Nobody in this entire thread has said anything to indicate that they aovid responsibility for their actions. I think all anybody has done is suggest that things aren't quite as black and white as you seem to think.

(GAVol @ Jul 27 said:
Nobody in this entire thread has said anything to indicate that they aovid responsibility for their actions. I think all anybody has done is suggest that things aren't quite as black and white as you seem to think.

:lol:

(therealUT @ Jul 27 said:
You should. Educated people are not going to take the thoughts of those who do not place care in their grammar and spelling abilities very seriously.

So I guess you should take your own advice. I was going to let this slide yesterday because I think it is silly to correct people on spelling or grammar errors on a message board unless it gets to be very bad grammar or spelling, not just an error or 2. But since you consider it important:

You commented on me getting through school using "Cliff's Notes", well since I did not know anyone in class named Cliff, which is what you have implied with your punctuation, I can only assume you meant "Cliffs Notes" which is a series published by a company.

No charge for the lesson, consider it a gift.

So I guess you should take your own advice. I was going to let this slide yesterday because I think it is silly to correct people on spelling or grammar errors on a message board unless it gets to be very bad grammar or spelling, not just an error or 2. But since you consider it important:

You commented on me getting through school using "Cliff's Notes", well since I did not know anyone in class named Cliff, which is what you have implied with your punctuation, I can only assume you meant "Cliffs Notes" which is a series published by a company.

Well I do charge but this is free Please read here

I'll highlight the important stuff
CliffsNotes was started by a Nebraska native named Clifton Hillegass in 1958

So, using the ' to indicate possession would be grammatically correct.

(utvolpj @ Jul 27 said:
Well I do charge but this is free Please read here

I'll highlight the important stuff
So, using the ' to indicate possession would be grammatically correct.

you should read your own links, there is no apostrophe. He was not referring to the founder, he was referring to the guide. Thanks for the laugh utvolpj :biggrin2: That was just plain awful dude.

you should read your own links, there is no apostrophe. He was not referring to the founder, he was referring to the guide. Thanks for the laugh utvolpj :biggrin2: That was just plain awful dude.

It was about notes written by a guy named Cliff, thus the apostrophe is correct. He never mentioned the brand name and you were never sure of his intentions, implied or otherwise. To point it out like you did was incorrect. Reread your post.

EDIT: And to be really technical about the brand you referenced, CliffsNotes is one word not two.

(utvolpj @ Jul 27 said:
It was about notes written by a guy named Cliff, thus the apostrophe is correct. He never mentioned the brand name and you were never sure of his intentions, implied or otherwise. To point it out like you did was incorrect. Reread your post.

EDIT: And to be really technical about the brand you referenced, CliffsNotes is one word not two.

wow, you are so wrong. No one would make a refernce to CliffsNotes in regards to a method of study and be talking about the actual inventor, which happens to be named Cliff. He was obviously referring to the study guides, as I am sure he could attest to this fact, which would mean no apostrophe. Not a big deal to me, but he called me out on grammar and gave me a post stating how important it is, so I thought he would be interested. That is so dumb to think he was referring to the guy, Cliff, as if I knew him personally and he was handing his notes to me.

wow, you are so wrong. No one would make a refernce to CliffsNotes in regards to a method of study and be talking about the actual inventor, which happens to be named Cliff. He was obviously referring to the study guides, as I am sure he could attest to this fact, which would mean no apostrophe. Not a big deal to me, but he called me out on grammar and gave me a post stating how important it is, so I thought he would be interested. That is so dumb to think he was referring to the guy, Cliff, as if I knew him personally and he was handing his notes to me.

You made a post based on assumptions. It depends on how it was intended so you'll never know.

I see you changed your other previous error. :birgits_giggle:

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 27 said:

what's your point OWB? realUT stated how important proper grammar was in relation to posts. Just trying to educate him on his mistakes. I never said I was perfect.

:boxing: Please September!!!

I'm begging you!!!

Please come September!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

(utvolpj @ Jul 27 said:
You made a post based on assumptions. It depends on how it was intended so you'll never know.

I see you changed your other previous error. :birgits_giggle:

you are correct, I changed to CliffNotes. RealUT was harping on the importance of correct grammar. I was just trying to help him.

Your other point is absurd. He was not saying that I knew the creator of CliffsNotes. If you believe that you are just arguing from emotion not reality.

The brand name is actually CliffsNotes. It is one word, so therefore, you were actually more incorrect than I.

The brand name is actually CliffsNotes. It is one word, so therefore, you were actually more incorrect than I.

Actually you were. I was wrong because I was not familiar with the brand name. You were wrong purely from lack of knowing how to use it properly in regards to grammar.

Actually you were. I was wrong because I was not familiar with the brand name. You were wrong purely from lack of knowing how to use it properly in regards to grammar.

They are still Cliff's notes, whether I knew the owner's name was Clifton or not.

They are still Cliff's notes, whether I knew the owner's name was Clifton or not.

Very convenient. You make a post on how important grammar is but can't acknowledge your own mistakes. Instead you make up some goofy excuse to try and act like you were not wrong. You were accusing me of using them. You do not know me, so couldn't have me been accusing me of using some guys notes named Cliff, since you have no idea if I knew anyone named Cliff. Very pathetic. I thought you were more open to learning than that. Obviously not. :gun:

(GAVol @ Jul 27 said:
-2 points for incorrect usage of "regard". :p

Still mssing the point GAvol. Real is the one that insists on the importance of correct grammar on the message board. I am just asking why he does not use it if HE deems it so important.

Very convenient. You make a post on how important grammar is but can't acknowledge your own mistakes. Instead you make up some goofy excuse to try and act like you were not wrong. You were accusing me of using them. You do not know me, so couldn't have me been accusing me of using some guys notes named Cliff, since you have no idea if I knew anyone named Cliff. Very pathetic. I thought you were more open to learning than that. Obviously not. :gun:

What does that even mean?

Also, I am glad that you found 1 post in which I stated a brand name incorrectly. I will work on that in the future.

What does that even mean?

Also, I am glad that you found 1 post in which I stated a brand name incorrectly. I will work on that in the future.

Your error was not made due to brand name. You simply messed up the punctuation, either an honest error or you just didn't know any better.

Still mssing the point GAvol. Real is the one that insists on the importance of correct grammar on the message board. I am just asking why he does not use it if HE deems it so important.

I got the point. I just try to never miss an opportunity to be a jerk.

Your error was not made due to brand name. You simply messed up the punctuation, either an honest error or you just didn't know any better.

It was definitely made due to the lack of knowledge I have concerning the brand name. I have never purchased nor used CliffsNotes; for that, I cannot apologize. There are plenty of brand names that include punctuation, or use liberties with the English language. If I referred to Moviefone as Movie Phone, or Movie Fone, one could not chalk that mistake up to poor grammar. The mistake would be due to an ignorance of the product and/or brand.

(GAVol @ Jul 27 said:
I got the point. I just try to never miss an opportunity to be a jerk.

I know I am beating a dead horse. I just thought it was silly to be called out on spelling on the board. If you are going to play that angle, you are opening yourself up for the same criticism. Not you GAvol, I am referring to Real.

VN Store

Back