Should Churches Pay Taxes?

Maybe this time you will able to understand that I was talking about you saying, "that reply is weak" or something like it 5 times.. Do I have to spell everything out for you?

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 26 said:
Maybe this time you will able to understand that I was talking about you saying, "that reply is weak" or something like it 5 times.. Do I have to spell everything out for you?

well I am forced to desrcibe your arguments honestly, if you don't want that comment, come with better stuff.

(allvol123 @ Jul 26 said:
well I am forced to desrcibe your arguments honestly, if you don't want that comment, come with better stuff.

Let's see, I posted about 11 links supporting my argument at one point knowing that you would just brush it off (and you did), but then you came back with one link from 1992? Which of the responses seems weaker to you.

Do you actually have anything to add in this forum, or are you here trying to make yourself feel smarter by going around telling people to come with better stuff. Like you've said anything useful or profound in any of these threads so far...

:disappointed:

I know I know...

Come with something better...

or

That's a weak response...

Let's see, I posted about 11 links supporting my argument at one point knowing that you would just brush it off (and you did), but then you came back with one link from 1992? Which of the responses seems weaker to you.

Do you actually have anything to add in this forum, or are you here trying to make yourself feel smarter by going around telling people to come with better stuff. Like you've said anything useful or profound in any of these threads so far...

:disappointed:

I didn't get past your first link which was from some Alcoholic Association telling me it was a disease. Not a very credible source.

I didn't get past your first link which was from some Alcoholic Association telling me it was a disease. Not a very credible source.

That says a lot about the way you are the way you think. Thanks for proving my point. Bye..

Like you've said anything useful or profound in any of these threads so far...
I think it's pretty profound that Catholics, Evangelicals and Agnostics are all arguing with the same guy. :birgits_giggle:

(smoke_em06 @ Jul 26 said:
There are figures of speech in the Bible.

Figures of speech must be interpreted. So now we must interpret certain parts of the bible and take other parts literally? Who decides which is which? I'm so confused...

He sent you 11 links and you read 1??? You must have gotten through school on Cliff's Notes (which, by the way, in no way nurtures independent thought.)

(therealUT @ Jul 26 said:
He sent you 11 links and you read 1??? You must have gotten through school on Cliff's Notes (which, by the way, in no way nurtures independent thought.)

no, actually when the first link is from an alcoholic association which obviously has a bias since it has a dog in the race, then I could see he has no idea how to back his facts up.

As to how I got through school, it was a on a full ride through my masters program.

no, actually when the first link is from an alcoholic association which obviously has a bias since it has a dog in the race, then I could see he has no idea how to back his facts up.

As to how I got through school, it was a on a full ride through my masters program.

Every source, anywhere you go, is biased one way or another. Your source was ancient and I guarantee you was just as biased in the opposite direction.

(therealUT @ Jul 26 said:
Every source, anywhere you go, is biased one way or another. Your source was ancient and I guarantee you was just as biased in the opposite direction.

some are more biased than others, asking a charity if they are receiving enough funding will obviously get you one answer. As will asking an alcoholic association if alcoholism is a disease.

How about the AMA? That's the American Medical Assoc.

The AMA endorses the proposition that drug dependencies, including alcoholism, are diseases and that their treatment is a legitimate part of medical practice

(utvolpj @ Jul 26 said:
How about the AMA? That's the American Medical Assoc.

I would say your link was more plausible than his first one. But only 1/3 of physicians have membership in the AMA, imlpies there is not great confidence in the association.

I would say your link was more plausible than his first one. But only 1/3 of physicians have membership in the AMA, imlpies there is not great confidence in the association.

Until you have watched it or experienced it you may just never believe. (which is sad) :disappointed:

(utvolpj @ Jul 26 said:
Until you have watched it or experienced it you may just never believe. (which is sad) :disappointed:

No doubt. I will never believe, it is not a disease to me, and I have known alcoholics, doesn't change my mind.

No doubt. I will never believe, it is not a disease to me, and I have known alcoholics, doesn't change my mind.

Knowing is not the same as experiencing it. I know gay people but...

If you are unwilling to accept all the mounds of evidence thrown at you then it's no use.

NEW RULE: You can't call someone's reply weak when you don't even read it.

(utvolpj @ Jul 26 said:
Knowing is not the same as experiencing it. I know gay people but...

yeah and I haven't had cancer but I know it is a disease. Lack of will power is not a disease.

NEW RULE: You can't call someone's reply weak when you don't even read it.

i read your replies, but not all your links, so sue me.

yeah and I haven't had cancer but I know it is a disease. Lack of will power is not a disease.

Then in your opinion cancer can't be caused by lack of willpower?

VN Store

Back