Should Churches Pay Taxes?

(allvol123 @ Jul 26 said:
Lack of will power is not a disease.

There are plenty of diseases that are contracted due to a lack of will power.

(utvolpj @ Jul 26 said:
Mouth, lung, throat and stomach cancer can all be caused by tobacco.

somewhat different I think, lack of will power leads to continued use of the tobacco, which in turn can lead to a cancer, so to a degree you could say the lack of will power lead to the cancer. Also, the person can stop smoking after the cancer has formed but the disease does not go away.

If the alcoholic never takes another drink he has essentially solved his problem on his own. I don't know of any other diseases that can be stopped just by not continuing the action, not a medical expert so perhaps I will be called out on that statement.

If the alcoholic never takes another drink he has essentially solved his problem on his own.

I can't agree with that either. I'd say that the drinking is usually just a symptom of a bigger problem. Merely abstaining from alcohol without further treatment would probably lead to the problem manifesting itself in some other way.

I still haven't figured out what we are arguing about. Why does this matter?

If the alcoholic never takes another drink he has essentially solved his problem on his own.

I don't know of any other diseases that can be stopped just by not continuing the action, not a medical expert so perhaps I will be called out on that statement.

For the love of God!

First of all about the lack of willpower... Most addicts don't know what they're getting into when they take a drink or use whatever substance. If they have that gene, there's a good chance they're going to be hooked. This is why they emphasize talking to the any children you might have before they start.

Once that gene is triggered, it doesn't turn back off. Like I've said before, the addiction keeps on progressing even if you aren't using and abusing. It's always in motion and it's there until the day you die. You don't just stop and it goes away.

I don't know if you're trying to be difficult or just dense on the subject, but it's not that hard to understand.

(utvolpj @ Jul 26 said:
Fixed it for you. I never stopped :beer: It must be lack of willpower

Yeah, you're weak AND you're going to hell where they make you drink Zima for all of eternity.

(Orangewhiteblood @ Jul 26 said:
I don't know of any other diseases that can be stopped just by not continuing the action, not a medical expert so perhaps I will be called out on that statement.

For the love of God!

First of all about the lack of willpower... Most addicts don't know what they're getting into when they take a drink or use whatever substance. If they have that gene, there's a good chance they're going to be hooked. This is why they emphasize talking to the any children you might have before they start.

Once that gene is triggered, it doesn't turn back off. Like I've said before, the addiction keeps on progressing even if you aren't using and abusing. It's always in motion and it's there until the day you die. You don't just stop and it goes away.

I don't know if you're trying to be difficult or just dense on the subject, but it's not that hard to understand.

you are getting irrational, I made a reasonable post previously, calm and thought out, you come back with am I being dense. But more related to your post, so basically, if you have an overwhelimng urge to do something, it is a disease in your thought process. So overeating or excessive shopping can be diseases to?

you are getting irrational, I made a reasonable post previously, calm and thought out, you come back with am I being dense. But more related to your post, so basically, if you have an overwhelimng urge to do something, it is a disease in your thought process. So overeating or excessive shopping can be diseases to?

I don't know, but if beating the hell out of a dead horse is a disease, you're terminal.

(GAVol @ Jul 26 said:
I don't know, but if beating the hell out of a dead horse is a disease, you're terminal.

a little one sided aren't you there GAvol, I haven't been having a conversation with myself. but you are who you are.

you are getting irrational, I made a reasonable post previously, calm and thought out,

That just tickles me for some reason..... :lolabove:

You need to smoke some :devilsmoke: or get some...... :run: :jawdrop: otherwise :horse:

(OrangeEmpire @ Jul 27 said:
That just tickles me for some reason..... :lolabove:

You need to smoke some :devilsmoke: or get some...... :run: :jawdrop: otherwise :horse:

I get plenty of the middle one, worry about yourself.

Yes, any of those can be diseases. A disease is addictively succombing to something you cannot control. Be it physical, physiological, or psycological. Alcoholism is no less a disease than cancer. You can be terminally attacked by both. Abstainance would prevent alot of social and physiological diseases. If you never took that drink, or that puff, or that snort, you wouldn't discover that you have addictive genes. I know people that could snort coke regularly and walk away as though it was nothing. Yet others hit it once and it consumed their lives. Temptation is all of these things presented to us for worldly pleasure. The temptation is not the disease. Yielding to it is what causes the disease. Intellectually, you would have to understnd that there are different classes of diseases, and apparetnly you don't intellectually understand that.

(GVF @ Jul 27 said:
Yes, any of those can be diseases. A disease is addictively succombing to something you cannot control. Be it physical, physiological, or psycological. Alcoholism is no less a disease than cancer. You can be terminally attacked by both. Abstainance would prevent alot of social and physiological diseases. If you never took that drink, or that puff, or that snort, you wouldn't discover that you have addictive genes. I know people that could snort coke regularly and walk away as though it was nothing. Yet others hit it once and it consumed their lives. Temptation is all of these things presented to us for worldly pleasure. The temptation is not the disease. Yielding to it is what causes the disease. Intellectually, you would have to understnd that there are different classes of diseases, and apparetnly you don't intellectually understand that.

don't tell me I can't comprehend intellectually, who are you? Master of the universe. Not being able to control an urge or impulse is not a disease. I am beginning to think personal responsibility is a disease, since so many of you try tirelessly to aovid it.

(allvol123 @ Jul 27 said:
don't tell me I can't comprehend intellectually, who are you? Master of the universe. Not being able to control an urge or impulse is not a disease. I am beginning to think personal responsibility is a disease, since so many of you try tirelessly to aovid it.
Amen allvol

Bad spelling is a disease. Seek help.

(vader @ Jul 27 said:
Bad spelling is a disease. Seek help.

there ya go, bring up something totally off subject, best you can do. I don't stop to check my spelling as a lot of people on here don't. guilty as charged on that one.

there ya go, bring up something totally off subject, best you can do. I don't stop to check my spelling as a lot of people on here don't. guilty as charged on that one.

You should. Educated people are not going to take the thoughts of those who do not place care in their grammar and spelling abilities very seriously.

(therealUT @ Jul 27 said:
You should. Educated people are not going to take the thoughts of those who do not place care in their grammar and spelling abilities very seriously.

Well I am not going back over everyone of your posts, but I would think there would be a misspelling in there somewhere. If not, congrats. But there are other offenders as well, I was mainly remarking on the fact that Vader chose this as his point to comment on.

Look, dude, all I am saying is that after you hit the little post button, you can read your own reply and edit it.

Oh, I forgot, you don't read stuff.

It lessens your reader's opinion of you when you leave in gross misspellings and grammatical mistakes.

VN Store

Back