Should Volnation or AD White assist a UTM player?

Thank you so much for posting that.

We got another Vol fan in our family! :)

@Freak I'm turning off the lights and locking the door on this project. Please do with the thread whatever you deem best.

This effort has been the best thing I've been involved with in a long time. The proud memories remain long after the thread is gone.

Blessings to all!

Thank you so much for posting that.

We got another Vol fan in our family! :)

@Freak I'm turning off the lights and locking the door on this project. Please do with the thread whatever you deem best.

This effort has been the best thing I've been involved with in a long time. The proud memories remain long after the thread is gone.

Blessings to all!
I'll unstick the thread after the weekend. It'll still be available for posting.

What the article said:

"After several days of fundraising for the family, only a little more than $3,000 was collected as of Wednesday morning. After a few hours and a Twitter exchange between UT Martin Athletics and UT Athletic Director Danny White, the fundraiser is now more than $55,000."

What it should have said:

"While scouting an opponent's roster looking for weaknesses to exploit, a rabid TN fan discovered a UT Martin player's family home had been destroyed. Seeing that only $3,000 had been raised so far, vol fan McDad, immediately reached out to Volnation on behalf of the player by lighting up the night sky with a big orange VOL signal . Not known for his razor sharp wit or timing, it was discovered that McDad has a heart that's two sizes too large and the TN faithful are always ready to VOLUNTEER!"

Solid.

It’s nice to help this one but there are tons that need just as much help not just with hurricanes It’s always good to think about fellow human beings and I applaud tithers to be honest but I use to support Nashville rescue mission fir years and plan to resume and McDad I know you’d probably just as soon it to receive any kind of thanks fir this I can just tell it’s all heart.

Reactions: Birdvol13
It’s nice to help this one but there are tons that need just as much help not just with hurricanes It’s always good to think about fellow human beings and I applaud tithers to be honest but I use to support Nashville rescue mission fir years and plan to resume and McDad I know you’d probably just as soon it to receive any kind of thanks fir this I can just tell it’s all heart.
It can be easy to get overwhelmed by surveying the world of hardship out there.

So just focus on one. One person. One family. One community. Do one good thing at a time, and as your capacity to help without being overwhelmed grows, your efforts and donations can grow, too. Just play within yourself. That way you're still around to help others years down the road, because you didn't burn out along the way.

McDad and a lot of folks did some real good here.

Go Vols!

While looking at UTM earlier this week, came across a player of theirs from Florida. Family was devastated and lost everything in the hurricane. Mom even lost employment. His GoFundMe only had a little over 3,000 donated. Considering he plays for a sister school, would it be appropriate for UT to promote the need to help this player?

get my family back on their feet, organized by Abel Marquez

Info:
View attachment 503472View attachment 503473

Compliments to @vanillagorilla for the video:

Yes!

My favorite part:
"Alex Boggis, the assistant sports information director at UT Martin, was the mastermind behind getting Vols fans to support Marquez, tweeting Wednesday night a..."

We started Wednesday afternoon and by Wednesday night the right people were on it. That's so cool.
So many times in life, the people in positions of power are there because they take credit for everyone else’s ideas and work.

My favorite part:
"Alex Boggis, the assistant sports information director at UT Martin, was the mastermind behind getting Vols fans to support Marquez, tweeting Wednesday night a..."

We started Wednesday afternoon and by Wednesday night the right people were on it. That's so cool.

People at the VolNetwork have known since first thing Thursday morning how YOU got this rolling by bringing it to this forum’s attention late Wednesday afternoon and that it organically grew from there. They’ve had a link to follow this thread as well. How they used that information was up to them.

No matter who attempts to grab the credit for it, they know and we all know what actually happened. 😉

People at the VolNetwork have known since first thing Thursday morning how YOU got this rolling by bringing it to this forum’s attention late Wednesday afternoon and that it organically grew from there. They’ve had a link to follow this thread as well. How they used that information was up to them.

No matter who attempts to grab the credit for it, they know and we all know what actually happened. 😉
We should contact Wilton Jackson at SI and ask him to add a correction to his article in which he mentions the actual mastermind. Alex Boggis should be ashamed if he took sole credit for this.

Reactions: KHVol
69538892-6ade-494f-9796-61a0f30fc603_text.gif

Over $80,000...This thing has exploded, BOOM. And articles about it all over the internet, which will bring in even more.

Reactions: malinoisvol
My favorite part:

My favorite part?

"$18,000 had been raised by the time Vols got involved..."

Yeah, thank you for $15,000 of that.

And thank you, @McDad for being a great man.

Even KNS can't get the real story right. I know @McDad is brushing off the credit, but I'm starting to question the integrity of this UTM sports information person not setting the record straight.

UT Martin offensive lineman AJ Marquez and his family lost their Florida home in Hurricane Ian. Tennessee football fans rallied to help

From the article:
"How Tennessee football fans got involved to help AJ Marquez
"Alex Boggis had an idea."

"Boggis planned a Wednesday night post on Twitter, challenging Vols fans to be “great fundraisers” to help Marquez."

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back