Should Volnation or AD White assist a UTM player?

I’m glad you brought this to all our attention and if my old line of work can prove useful I’m happy to try and assist.
I’ve been through 3 hurricanes before I moved back home to Tennessee and even the damage from a Cat 1 is just mind blowing. The photo of the home looks like it might have been an older pre Andrew build so none of the new codes enacted were helpful and it’s even doubtful the new codes helped anyone much with the monster that hit them.
Any idea how much money a family needs to get them through before insurance pays out?

Does everyone carry hurricane insurance down there?

Any idea how much money a family needs to get them through before insurance pays out?

Not sure what their deductible is or if they will be covered. We have a lot of issues with insurances companies in this state. They will need a lot of help and there’s no way to put a value on income and knowing you can make it through the next day.

Not sure what their deductible is or if they will be covered. We have a lot of issues with insurances companies in this state. They will need a lot of help and there’s no way to put a value on income and knowing you can make it through the next day.
Oof.

I didn't even consider the size of their need if they weren't covered .

I live down here and the insurance is a real nightmare. They’ve jacked the rates so high that a lot of people cannot afford to insure their owned homes. Also, Florida has a 5k hurricane deductible or at least my policy does. So no matter what, you are 5k out of pocket for repairs caused by a hurricane before coverage kicks in. It was extremely hard and expensive to get insurance before Ian and now it’s going to be much worse.

I live down here and the insurance is a real nightmare. They’ve jacked the rates so high that a lot of people cannot afford to insure their owned homes. Also, Florida has a 5k hurricane deductible or at least my policy does. So no matter what, you are 5k out of pocket for repairs caused by a hurricane before coverage kicks in. It was extremely hard and expensive to get insurance before Ian and now it’s going to be much worse.
Fair to say they'll need more than 10 or 20 thousand?

My hurricane deductible is 8k

Reactions: McDad

It varies on the money needed to even try and recover. Hurricane insurance went sky high after Andrew and even now not everyone can afford it and just meets minimum requirements but it’s the lack of flood insurance that is crippling to the majority of folks.
Wind is damaging but it’s the water.. omg the water. Not only the excessive torrential rains for hours and the coastal storm surge but they can’t drain all the rivers or the canals down enough to compensate and massive flooding happens.

Maybe the CFB sub on Reddit? Not sure if it’s allowed or if anyone else on here visits the sub? I roll with a throwaway account on Reddit so i can’t post.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back