Situation in Venezuela

You mention JFK and Reagan... what in particular are you referring to for both of them in Latin America?
JFK - Cuban missile crisis
Reagan - Iran Contra

Lot of people associate fighting any Communism in the Western Hemisphere with the Monroe Doctrine. Not sure I go that far, but I do support the Monroe Doctrine in as far as keeping Eastern hemisphere powers out of the west. Remember when you mentioned having an ocean between us and the Axis powers served as a natural barrier? We should maintain that natural barrier.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
When you got a 15 million dollar bounty on your head by the US government you might as well be dead.
It'd be nice to catch one of those guys with a huge bounty on them. Like winning the lottery.

Reactions: NEO
This should be no surprise to anyone.

Ex-Green Beret Was Behind Failed Attempt At 'Armed Invasion' Of Venezuela Funded By US Billionaires

No different than what Smedley Butler experienced.

Business Plot - Wikipedia

The Business Plot was a political conspiracy in 1933 in the United States. Retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler revealed that wealthy businessmen were plotting to create a fascist veterans' organization with Butler as its leader and use it in a coup d'état to overthrow President Franklin D. Roosevelt. In 1934, Butler testified before the United States House of Representatives Special Committee on Un-American Activities (the "McCormackDickstein Committee") on these revelations. No one was prosecuted.

Sounds like the Cuban Missile Crisis and Grenada.
JFK - Cuban missile crisis
Reagan - Iran Contra

Lot of people associate fighting any Communism in the Western Hemisphere with the Monroe Doctrine. Not sure I go that far, but I do support the Monroe Doctrine in as far as keeping Eastern hemisphere powers out of the west. Remember when you mentioned having an ocean between us and the Axis powers served as a natural barrier? We should maintain that natural barrier.

Hmm... Cuban missile crisis, a Russian response to us placing missiles in Turkey.

Iran-Contra, we sold arms to Iran, the Iranians in return released hostages and gave us the cash for the arms which we then turned around and used to fund the Contras in Nicaragua? We also sold drugs using the likes of Manual Noriega, Pablo Escobar, Freeway Rick Ross, Barry Seal, Bill Clinton and the Mena, Arkansas airport to sell drugs in American inner cities to help fund the Contras?

Are these the sort of shenanigans you want us engaging in in Latin America?

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Hmm... Cuban missile crisis, a Russian response to us placing missiles in Turkey.

Iran-Contra, we sold arms to Iran, the Iranians in return released hostages and gave us the cash for the arms which we then turned around and used to fund the Contras in Nicaragua? We also sold drugs using the likes of Manual Noriega, Pablo Escobar, Freeway Rick Ross, Barry Seal, Bill Clinton and the Mena, Arkansas airport to sell drugs in American inner cities to help fund the Contras?

Are these the sort of shenanigans you want us engaging in in Latin America?
We will not be having these shenanigans ever again young man! Ras, I think you're older than I am!

Iran Says It Is Ready to Continue Fuel Shipments to Venezuela

DUBAI (Reuters) – Iran will continue fuel shipments to Venezuela if Caracas requests more supplies, the Iranian foreign ministry spokesman said on Monday, despite Washington’s criticism of the trade between the two nations, which are both under U.S. sanctions.

GettyImages-1154033312_736x514-736x514.jpg

"Iran practises its free trade rights with Venezuela and we are ready to send more ships if Caracas demands more supplies from Iran," Abbas Mousavi told a weekly news conference broadcast live on state TV.

Defying U.S. threats, Iran has sent a flotilla of five tankers of fuel to the South American oil-producing nation, which is suffering from a gasoline shortage.

Seeking to deter further shipments, Washington is monitoring the supply. It has warned governments, seaports, shippers and insurers that they could face measures if they aid the tankers.

According to Refinitiv Eikon on Sunday, two Iranian tankers that delivered fuel to Venezuela as part of the flotilla have begun to sail back, as the government in Caracas prepares stations to begin charging for the gasoline.

The fifth and final tanker in the flotilla, the Clavel, entered Venezuelan waters late on Sunday and was navigating near the country’s Tortuga Island on Monday heading to state-run oil company PDVSA’s El Palito refinery, the data showed.

Tensions have spiked between longtime foes Tehran and Washington since 2018, when President Donald Trump exited Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal with six major powers and reimposed sanctions that have battered its economy.

Iran Says It Is Ready to Continue Fuel Shipments to Venezuela

I

I tend to agree with that line of thinking. But if we can strangle Iran through embargo I think it's worth doing
Why should we do that? Haven't we done enough to Iran since 1953?

And, not sure if you've been noticing, but we have enough things to concern ourselves with here at home right now.

Why should we do that? Haven't we done enough to Iran since 1953?

And, not sure if you've been noticing, but we have enough things to concern ourselves with here at home right now.
Rouge state that hates us and what's left of our Western Values, that is not too terribly far off from nuclear weapons

Reactions: Franklin Pierce

VN Store

Back