Situation in Venezuela

Just South America? Have you been paying attention over the last 40+ years? We've been in Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama, Grenada, The Middle East, Yugoslavia, Vietnam/SE Asia, Angola, East Africa...

Sometimes intervention is warranted, but yes we have made mistakes as well. This is not a warranted situation in my opinion. Also, I couldn't pay attention to the last 40+ years, I wasn't alive for all of it.

Miss Venezuela. We must save her!

Funny note along those lines. I was involved in the Haitian and Cuban refugee operations back in 1994 at Gitmo. We primarily worked the Haitian camps, but from time to time would get seconded to the Cuban camps and worked around those folks.

Boy howdy, talk about women worthy of saving. There were some Cuban gals that even living in a tent with the tattered clothing on their backs were still like 9.5s. More than a couple of them got a US sponsor and moved back to eventually get married.

Funny note along those lines. I was involved in the Haitian and Cuban refugee operations back in 1994 at Gitmo. We primarily worked the Haitian camps, but from time to time would get seconded to the Cuban camps and worked around those folks.

Boy howdy, talk about women worthy of saving. There were some Cuban gals that even living in a tent with the tattered clothing on their backs were still like 9.5s. More than a couple of them got a US sponsor and moved back to eventually get married.
Did she divorce you after she got to the states?

Even having public discussions about military intervention only strengthens Maduro. This is beyond stupid.

We allowed to Emperor to remain so I did not count Japan. Italians did find and kill Mussolini but we helped set up their new .gov.
We wrote Japan’s new constitution and made the emperor a figurehead. I would say that was a pretty drastic regime change.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
We wrote Japan’s new constitution and made the emperor a figurehead. I would say that was a pretty drastic regime change.

I agree with that, we also stayed and didn’t really let them run their own affairs for years.

I agree with that, we also stayed and didn’t really let them run their own affairs for years.
Also these three were all total war scenarios. We wrecked the bejesus out of all of them forcing unconditional surrender. Nowadays our more surgical approach means you have lingering bad elements that make things impossible to fix.

Reactions: hog88
Germany and Italy are the last two I remember being somewhat successful.
Lots of huge differences in what we did there vs what we have done for the other 70ish years. GV was a big fan of pointing out those differences.

Lots of huge differences in what we did there vs what we have done for the other 70ish years. GV was a big fan of pointing out those differences.

It’s almost comparing apples to oranges. There are few comparisons between the situations and people.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back