Slice, Nash and Yankeevol talk Yankees baseball and others talk about how bad the Braves suck

I think NorCal and i have discussed it before, but I find Boog's BBQ severely lacking. It's back btw, was gone for a few years. Either way, this Upper East Tennessean bbq snob wouldn't recommend it. But out of all my experiences nothing beats Camden. The fans are great too. Got to sit 3 rows back between the A's dugout and their batter's box a couple of years ago. It was awesome. This was before Bmore got good and the A's tanked. We snuck down to like the second or third row from the top of the first section behind home plate. A's crushed the first game and a guy walks up to my roommate and I and said I'm only staying a few more innings and not coming back for this series. I'll tell the usher y'all can have my seats. It was wild. He sat with us for three innings or so and was unbelievably friendly. Then left and made sure the usher knew again we were welcome back to those seats the next two nights

Eutaw St, the views, the warehouse, the architecture. No, nothing tops Camden.
But a ballpark that lasted 20 years in the middle of asphalt and a traffic jam is way better.

Reactions: volfanbill
I think NorCal and i have discussed it before, but I find Boog's BBQ severely lacking. It's back btw, was gone for a few years. Either way, this Upper East Tennessean bbq snob wouldn't recommend it. But out of all my experiences nothing beats Camden. The fans are great too. Got to sit 3 rows back between the A's dugout and their batter's box a couple of years ago. It was awesome. This was before Bmore got good and the A's tanked. We snuck down to like the second or third row from the top of the first section behind home plate. A's crushed the first game and a guy walks up to my roommate and I and said I'm only staying a few more innings and not coming back for this series. I'll tell the usher y'all can have my seats. It was wild. He sat with us for three innings or so and was unbelievably friendly. Then left and made sure the usher knew again we were welcome back to those seats the next two nights

Eutaw St, the views, the warehouse, the architecture. No, nothing tops Camden.
And you would dig the Giants park. Good architecture, on the water, great views from the upper deck. And the statues.

But a ballpark that lasted 20 years in the middle of asphalt and a traffic jam is way better.
It’s apparent that you and others cannot appreciate one without tearing down another. That’s a character flaw y’all need to work on.

I got to see Boog play in Cleveland in 1975.

I did not realize until you mentioned him that he's still with us.
never got to see Boog. I'm a young'un.

But as part of being the media relations/PA guy for JC Cards, I got to go to the winter meetings one year through my bosses, mostly to attend the career fair. Rookie level jobs obviously paid very little, but I was surprised to learn how little even AA and AAA jobs paid. Thus why I went to the military. I ran into several players, GMs, and managers. It was the year the Greg Maddux retired and in Vegas for reference. We were hanging out at a bar in the Bellagio and the whole place was covered in famous MLBers. Let it be known that I was actually nice to Eric the Red when we talked. As we finished chatting I turned around and almost crashed into Eddie Murray. He was a giant of a man. Only comparable fan boy moment I've had in my life was when I met John Ward. Honestly, that's not even true. I was completely speechless and frozen seeing Eddie Murray. He was like a mythical creature for me.

I could easily be an O's fan if I hadn't sworn allegiance to Rickey Henderson and the A's at such a young age.

It’s apparent that you and others cannot appreciate one without tearing down another. That’s a character flaw y’all need to work on.
I have plenty of character flaws. I don’t think joking around with one another is one. I guess when you talk about my drinking, that is different?

All in good fun to me.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back