Slice, Nash and Yankeevol talk Yankees baseball and others talk about how bad the Braves suck

The two are not comparable. Camden is so much better.

Camden opened well before Turner field and was the inspiration for the new wave of ballparks.
That’s equivalent to the argument that the US should never have abandoned the gold standard.

Yep.

Used to take a train from Union Station and get dropped off 10 yards from a gate. Would pick up beer at Union Station for the ride.

But I guess sitting in Atlanta traffic to get to the ballpark is better.
We would either take the train or the BWP on weekends and park for free near Fells Point. Great hang out spot with restaurants and the Sound Garden might be my favorite vinyl record store I’ve ever been to. We would ride the Lime scooters to Camden.

PNC Park is another top notch facility that laughs at the Ted

Yep.

Used to take a train from Union Station and get dropped off 10 yards from a gate. Would pick up beer at Union Station for the ride.

But I guess sitting in Atlanta traffic to get to the ballpark is better.
Sitting in traffic is all one can do at Truist Park, home of the Cobb County Braves.

The Ted is dead. Those of you posting ill of the dead reveal your barren characters.

Camden
Both Busches
PNC
Ted
Fulton County
Nationals Park
RFK
Shea
Vet
Riverfront
Miller Park
Ballpark at Arlington
Joe Robbie
Current Comiskey (whatever they’re calling it these days)
Great American
Kauffman

I’ve been to the Trop and Minute Maid but notfor baseball games. Walked all around Wrigley and old Yankee Stadium, just haven’t been inside. The Ted wasn’t the worse venue I went to by far, but it’s nowhere near the top.

Admittedly, the height of my MLB fandom was 40+ year ago… My fourth residence in the metro Atlanta area. The Braves played at the old Atlanta Fulton County Stadium, a Soviet style atrocity built in the ‘60s on a budget to house both new pro teams, the Falcons and the Braves. The Braves sucked in the early’80s and didn’t draw enough fans to create a traffic problem. We could get off work, decide to go to a game, park without problems, walk up to the ticket window, and buy front row seats in the upper deck along the first base line for $5. Sang the National Anthem every time. Got more than a few offers to join church choirs.

Camden
Both Busches
PNC
Ted
Fulton County
Nationals Park
RFK
Shea
Vet
Riverfront
Miller Park
Ballpark at Arlington
Joe Robbie
Current Comiskey (whatever they’re calling it these days)
Great American
Kauffman

I’ve been to the Trop and Minute Maid but notfor baseball games. Walked all around Wrigley and old Yankee Stadium, just haven’t been inside. The Ted wasn’t the worse venue I went to by far, but it’s nowhere near the top.
No Giants/ AT&T/ Oracle/ whatever they're calling it this week? 😢

- the garlic fries alone!!

As weird as it is to be an A’s fan, I’ve never even made it to Cali. And now that Fisher has destroyed the A’s franchise, the desire to go isn’t even there
Oh, that's the list of parks you've visited. 👍

Have you ever hit McCormick Field? (the Asheville Tourists). A little gem of a park, and great for the family, including beer-drinking families (Thirsty Thursdays).

The announcing isn't as corny as it used to be, which I miss. A sponsor used to be an auto glass replacement company, and whenever there was an out-of-park pop fly, they'd play a recording of breaking glass. And they had a dirtiest car award every game, reading out the license plate of the winner (a t-shirt or something.) And the kids' events between innings, including the Tighty Whitey Race (two kids sharing a giant pair of men's underwear running the bases against a similarly-handicapped competitor.) Miss those days.

Reactions: volfanbill
We would either take the train or the BWP on weekends and park for free near Fells Point. Great hang out spot with restaurants and the Sound Garden might be my favorite vinyl record store I’ve ever been to. We would ride the Lime scooters to Camden.

PNC Park is another top notch facility that laughs at the Ted
I was going to mention PNC as well, that and Camden are the best I’ve been to (haven’t made it to SF or SD yet).

I think I may also like Truist Park more than the Ted; I did love the Ted’s sky field/kids area in left field as a kid though

I remember when announcers would say, “And now, to lead us in singing our National Anthem, [introduction of person].” Ah, but with celebrities taking over the privilege, it has become, “And now, to honor America, [celebrity] performing our National Anthem.”

Oh, that's the list of parks you've visited. 👍

Have you ever hit McCormick Field? (the Asheville Tourists). A little gem of a park, and great for the family, including beer-drinking families (Thirsty Thursdays).

The announcing isn't as corny as it used to be, which I miss. A sponsor used to be an auto glass replacement company, and whenever there was an out-of-park pop fly, they'd play a recording of breaking glass. And they had a dirtiest car award, reading out the license plate of the winner (a t-shirt or something.) And the kids' events between innings, including the Tighty Whitey Race (two kids sharing a giant pair of men's underwear running the bases against a similarly-handicapped competitor.) Miss those days.
I have been to McCormick, fantastic spot. great views and a genuinely fun atmosphere.

When I was the PA Announcer for the JC Cardinals, I did all that you mentioned. Our dirtiest car award winner actually got a car wash. I had the breaking glass, or car crash and horn if a foul ball went into the street. behind the seats of the third base line.

The kids games were always great. My bosses always seemed to find a great intern to be on the field with them that had a mic too. We would play off each other for however the contest was going.

I had NSync's "Bye Bye Bye" queued up whenever an opposing pitcher got pulled. "Ring of Fire" for the pitcher that had to come in and get out of the mess. lots of other sounds/typical songs too. Had a version of Sweet Caroline without the "bum bum bum" just so the crowd would sing it for me. My buddy was backup/weekend sports guy for WJHL, the CBS station in town and he'd always call me the puppetmaster because I could control the crowd. Loved playing "sunglasses at night" whenever someone was wearing shades at night. Just wish we had a jumbotron to show them. I played Michael Jackson for three straight weeks after he passed away. They then when on a week long road trip so I retired that ritual. Had no less than 15 people come to our booth to complain. "Closing Time" by Semisonic was my queue to tell people we were closing up and they had to leave after the game was over. Oh, and being in JC, plus it being the GM's favorite song, I played Wagon Wheel every fourth inning. The OCMS version.

VN Store

Back