Slice, Nash and Yankeevol talk Yankees baseball and others talk about how bad the Braves suck

We would either take the train or the BWP on weekends and park for free near Fells Point. Great hang out spot with restaurants and the Sound Garden might be my favorite vinyl record store I’ve ever been to. We would ride the Lime scooters to Camden.

PNC Park is another top notch facility that laughs at the Ted
Love Fells Point. Used to hang out there.

I'll never forget the year i interned as PA Announcer. The official scorer and I had a debate all season long as to whether or not I could hit an 8 Iron out of dead center from home plate. Last game of the season the GM let me try. The on the field/in between innings activities intern had my back and put $20 that I could do it. Like ten other people bet against it. I was on the first sliver of grass behind the RH batter's box. Absolutely pured it. @GordonC this is when Science Hill's Spurrier Field (yes, that Spurrier) was directly behind Cardinal Park. I dented the door into the press box at their Stadium. Hopefully that being 20 years ago and the stadium being long gone gets me out of any potential litigation. On the field intern and I split his winnings.

I'll never forget the year i interned as PA Announcer. The official scorer and I had a debate all season long as to whether or not I could hit an 8 Iron out of dead center from home plate. Last game of the season the GM let me try. The on the field/in between innings activities intern had my back and put $20 that I could do it. Like ten other people bet against it. I was on the first sliver of grass behind the RH batter's box. Absolutely pured it. @GordonC this is when Science Hill's Spurrier Field (yes, that Spurrier) was directly behind Cardinal Park. I dented the door into the press box at their Stadium. Hopefully that being 20 years ago and the stadium being long gone gets me out of any potential litigation. On the field intern and I split his winnings.
seems like only yesterday....time goes by so fast

We would either take the train or the BWP on weekends and park for free near Fells Point. Great hang out spot with restaurants and the Sound Garden might be my favorite vinyl record store I’ve ever been to. We would ride the Lime scooters to Camden.

PNC Park is another top notch facility that laughs at the Ted
I want to get to PNC. I am still kicking myself for not going to the Pitt game. The Cardinals were there that weekend. Poor planning, or lack thereof, on my part.

The Giants ballpark is a must. As much as I go to SD, I have yet to go to a game. Was supposed to go a couple of years ago, but got Covid right before the trip.

And you have got to get the coliseum before it closes, it is just spectacular. Better than the Ted. And you’ll have plenty of room to spread out.

I want to get to PNC. I am still kicking myself for not going to the Pitt game. The Cardinals were there that weekend. Poor planning, or lack thereof, on my part.

The Giants ballpark is a must. As much as I go to SD, I have yet to go to a game. Was supposed to go a couple of years ago, but got Covid right before the trip.

And you have got to get the coliseum before it closes, it is just spectacular. Better than the Ted. And you’ll have plenty of room to spread out.
My friends and I have discussed going

I have been to McCormick, fantastic spot. great views and a genuinely fun atmosphere.

When I was the PA Announcer for the JC Cardinals, I did all that you mentioned. Our dirtiest car award winner actually got a car wash. I had the breaking glass, or car crash and horn if a foul ball went into the street. behind the seats of the third base line.

The kids games were always great. My bosses always seemed to find a great intern to be on the field with them that had a mic too. We would play off each other for however the contest was going.

I had NSync's "Bye Bye Bye" queued up whenever an opposing pitcher got pulled. "Ring of Fire" for the pitcher that had to come in and get out of the mess. lots of other sounds/typical songs too. Had a version of Sweet Caroline without the "bum bum bum" just so the crowd would sing it for me. My buddy was backup/weekend sports guy for WJHL, the CBS station in town and he'd always call me the puppetmaster because I could control the crowd. Loved playing "sunglasses at night" whenever someone was wearing shades at night. Just wish we had a jumbotron to show them. I played Michael Jackson for three straight weeks after he passed away. They then when on a week long road trip so I retired that ritual. Had no less than 15 people come to our booth to complain. "Closing Time" by Semisonic was my queue to tell people we were closing up and they had to leave after the game was over. Oh, and being in JC, plus it being the GM's favorite song, I played Wagon Wheel every fourth inning. The OCMS version.

I had no idea that you’d been a ballpark announcer! That is ridiculously cool. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I think NorCal and i have discussed it before, but I find Boog's BBQ severely lacking. It's back btw, was gone for a few years. Either way, this Upper East Tennessean bbq snob wouldn't recommend it. But out of all my experiences nothing beats Camden. The fans are great too. Got to sit 3 rows back between the A's dugout and their batter's box a couple of years ago. It was awesome. This was before Bmore got good and the A's tanked. We snuck down to like the second or third row from the top of the first section behind home plate. A's crushed the first game and a guy walks up to my roommate and I and said I'm only staying a few more innings and not coming back for this series. I'll tell the usher y'all can have my seats. It was wild. He sat with us for three innings or so and was unbelievably friendly. Then left and made sure the usher knew again we were welcome back to those seats the next two nights

Eutaw St, the views, the warehouse, the architecture. No, nothing tops Camden.

Reactions: VolNExile
I think NorCal and i have discussed it before, but I find Boog's BBQ severely lacking. It's back btw, was gone for a few years. Either way, this Upper East Tennessean bbq snob wouldn't recommend it. But out of all my experiences nothing beats Camden. The fans are great too. Got to sit 3 rows back between the A's dugout and their batter's box a couple of years ago. It was awesome. This was before Bmore got good and the A's tanked. We snuck down to like the second or third row from the top of the first section behind home plate. A's crushed the first game and a guy walks up to my roommate and I and said I'm only staying a few more innings and not coming back for this series. I'll tell the usher y'all can have my seats. It was wild. He sat with us for three innings or so and was unbelievably friendly. Then left and made sure the usher knew again we were welcome back to those seats the next two nights

Eutaw St, the views, the warehouse, the architecture. No, nothing tops Camden.
As far as Boog’s, we have and I don’t disagree. But I was a big fan of Boog growing up, so I would get Q at the park.

VN Store

Back