So I Got a Bone to Pick About Our Corporate Sponsors...

Verizon is a 2nd tier sponsor too.

Ok, I'll bite here. Seems you have a bone to pick with the nation's largest carrier? Do you use Verizon? I bet you're a trac phone type guy! Do you always pay in cash?

Seriously "the offical wireless provider of Tennessee athletics" doesn't sound second tier to me.

Hell, they advertise for us in their stores. Does tracphone do that at your walmart kiosk?

nike was with us in the early 90's during shulers run here. there apparel was not very good looking.

None of their (publicly available) shoes fit me, so they can all go jump in a lake.

The best UT gear is the old stuff you find at goodwill with weird brands that don't even exist anymore IMO...I love the retro 80/90s Vols look

Ok, I'll bite here. Seems you have a bone to pick with the nation's largest carrier? Do you use Verizon? I bet you're a trac phone type guy! Do you always pay in cash?

Seriously "the offical wireless provider of Tennessee athletics" doesn't sound second tier to me.

Hell, they advertise for us in their stores. Does tracphone do that at your walmart kiosk?

Verizon is the reason we only get 3* recruits. Kids don't want to play for a school woth3* sponsors like Verizon.

Its about what it is always about..$$$$.

If the money was right, TN would be wearing Pic-N-Pay cleats and Dollar General jerseys.

Don't belittle yourself.

It's the third dumbest post in history. :crazy:

agreed. not sure what this guys deal is!

like hes declared war against verizon. personally i think verizon is the goat wireless carrier, its icing that the support the goat cfb team!

AT&T has better 4G speeds. That's the cool thing that kids want. Not some has been carrier.

Screw what the kids want, they get what we give 'em. Besides, if they read this thread they'll go running away screaming like their hair was on fire.

Reactions: 1 person
Having just witnessed the "Dish Network" O&W game with our players dressed in Adidas apparel, a question just crossed my mind: Why do we have second-tier sponsors? Are we a second-tiered football team?

Let's start with Adidas. A German-based company that appeals to European soccer ("real football") fans. Great. How many Adidas shirts you got in your closet? Alternative: Nike. US-based company that dominates the world market. Guessing 90% of other D1 teams are Nike teams. Hmmmm....

Then Dish Network. IDK, I guess some people have DN, but if you are a huge NFL fan like me, you have DirecTV with its NFL Sunday Package. No. Questions. Asked.

My guess is that both Adidas and Dish pay UT handsomely to be our red-headed stepchild sponsors. Great. I says a pox on ye, second-tiered, foreign-owned lame-a$$ second-stringers!!!

View attachment 59781

I've got many Adidas t shirts and polo's. I like them much better than Nike. And as far as Nike being American based, check the tag on everything you own Nike and you'll see that 0% is made in the USA.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back