So who can tell me? Does our defense got B-O-U-N-C-E ???

To be fair, I imagine both defenses will look porous in that game. The pace suggests big scores. We'll try pounding the football and Oregon will stay fast strike. We will lose, but I think our offense shows life in using the run and efficient short passes.

I can understand saying our chances aren't that great. But flat out saying, "we will lose", is not being a true fan. There isn't one game on the schedule that I don't think we've got a chance to win.

Reactions: 1 person
Sgt I hear what you are saying man. Been a while since I saw a Vol with some swagger and a mean streak. Berry really was the last one. How sad that it was a Safety of all things?

I want a Linebacker or a Defensive End who is a game changer. A feared pass rusher coming off the edge and a Middle Linebacker so scary that no running back in his right mind would dare run up the middle at him. I do believe that Vereen and Smith are going to be a lot better than people think off the edges and that AJ is a Middle LB in that mold. What we need is for them to turn it up a notch. Maybe then we will be able to get over that abomination that was last years D..

When I talk about BOUNCE I am talking the attitude and passion. Learning and improving is a never ending battle, but I have missed seeing the passion and emotion in recent years... the mentality of Tennessee Defenses before the coaching mix ups. Eric Berry had it for sure as well as skill. Hoping we'll see a break out year for A.J. he's a step away from being a classic. Having pep, and hustle is a stage you got to have before you can improve much else. I wanna see us swarming again.
AJ Johson is an outstanding LB. Couldn't be happier he's playing for the Vols and would scared to death if he played across from us on another team. However, I think the LB/player that you're looking for is, IMO, Curt Maggitt. He's got all the intangibles, not gonna list'em all but skills, speed, instincts and passion. He flys to the football on every snap with motivation. He's a leader on and off the field, a little more vocal than AJ and I think just has that Al Wilson, Leonard Little leadership. If our entire team had his skill and passion, look out, our defense would definitely have that "bounce" back.

I want a Linebacker or a Defensive End who is a game changer. A feared pass rusher coming off the edge and a Middle Linebacker so scary that no running back in his right mind would dare run up the middle at him. I do believe that Vereen and Smith are going to be a lot better than people think off the edges and that AJ is a Middle LB in that mold. What we need is for them to turn it up a notch. Maybe then we will be able to get over that abomination that was last years D..

Well one thing that excites me also is that we have an experienced front 4 (and not 3). Vereen and Jacques seem to be primed, if injuries can be avoided.. But ya know I like that you brought them up everyone loves on the linebackers and a backfield ballhawk.....but as much as we love watching Little,Raynoch Thompson, and Al Wilson highlights the heart of a great defense is those monsters on the line. Can McCullers step up and be a Albert Hayesworth, and or Henderson? It's one thing to be just a big man....(and I dig that about him as we could share clothes)...but it's a whole other thing to be a mean, charging, intimidating bull breaking OL like boys kinda big man. (see Doug Adkins) I have missed that. Haynesworth...Henderson, Walker, Ellis...that sort of big guy who is not just a wall, but coming through like a demolition machine. Daniel McCullers is the biggest in the SEC, he has the intimidating size of a Doug Adkins, I wanna see Adkins strength, growl, and ill attitude on the front too....McCullers was MADE to be a pain train!!! Maybe Henderson could come visit and smack him in the locker room as a favor. He's a nice guy but right now...he's TOO nice.....less Teddy Bear, more Henderson pain train...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruh4_xud37c[/youtube]

I love John Henderson so much.....

Last edited:
i have to say I was impressed by the effort I saw on D in the highlights from yesterdays practice.

I think the LB/player that you're looking for is, IMO, Curt Maggitt. He's got all the intangibles, not gonna list'em all but skills, speed, instincts and passion. He flys to the football on every snap with motivation. He's a leader on and off the field, a little more vocal than AJ and I think just has that Al Wilson, Leonard Little leadership.

I tell ya what I liked about Maggitt, the presence of mind to go for the ball.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWwF7Gi9Zcs[/youtube]

If he can be a leader like Wilson or Little that would be awesome, because both of those guys were just decked out in spades in Leadership.....I mean how many players have a more fearsome reputation then the coach? "Hey guys we can't disappoint Wilson".... Nobody wanted to let Big Al down.

McCullers I am not kidding...Pain train!, I wanna see pain train!!!! I need ya ta get kinky!!!!

tenn_original.jpg

Breaking Down 2014 NFL Draft Prospect Daniel McCullers | Bleacher Report

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I12hCZRAC58[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuFq87B0RNs[/youtube]

I mean look at this guy.....he's just PERFECT in size, and a prime NFL recruit..... Guys lining up against him need to be wetting themselves..... if there is just one man on that D I could get crazy this would be that guy.... We desperately need him to not be such a sweet boy..... I want to see him enjoy running over people.... and rumors of bondage and whips and chains.

I think CBJ and company has DaMac playing lower for leverage, slimmed down for speed, and muscled up for more terror.

If I remember right he's down to 330 or somewhere in that neighborhood. The scary thing is he dropped quite a bit of fat and replaced it with muscle. On a man that size, that's a recipe for awesome.

Bounce? With this group, I'll be ecstatic with average.

(sigh)

Wondered when your troll butt would roll in here.... Your posts in other threads proceeds you, best I can tell you got two brain cells left and one is mugging the other....ignored...

Yeah, it's completely reasonable to compare a team coming off the worst defensive performance in school history to Al Wilson et al. An average showing on D this year would be a truly great accomplishment from this 1st year staff.

Where BOUNCE comes from......EFFORT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda4QXuX1XM[/youtube]

He definitely practiced what he preached when it came to leaving it all out on the field and bringing IT every game!

Even better video.....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVf4EogGp44[/youtube]

This is what we got to have this year......can't control the negative minds off the field, and you can't change the schedule....but a team that empties the bucket every practice, and every game, can still win any game in college.

Where BOUNCE comes from......EFFORT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda4QXuX1XM[/youtube]

Why do we have to continue to have a murderer crammed down our throats? This guy likely murdered someone or withheld evidence about a murder.

This criminal does not deserve or should he get publicity like this that makes him out as some kind of a hero.

WAKE UP he is a criminal that should be in prison!!!

Even better video.....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVf4EogGp44[/youtube]

This is what we got to have this year......can't control the negative minds off the field, and you can't change the schedule....but a team that empties the bucket every practice, and every game, can still win any game in college.

This criminal talks about sacrifice. Ask him about the people murdered that HE IS involved in how much they sacrificed!!

VN Store

Back