So Worley is the worst qb of all time apparently.

The problem isn't Worley's "noodle arm". He waits until he's certain the receiver is open before he throws. Thus he is throwing behind receivers or progressing down to his dump off target.

He needs an injection of a small amount of Brett Favre confidence and aggression. Not enough to be reckless but enough to give his receivers a chance.

Reactions: 2 people
Who is to say Riley (or Dobbs) isn't a gamer? Nobody will ever know - Butch included - until he gets that chance.

Jamal Lewis ran for 1300 yds and was named SEC freshman OTY but never saw the field that year in the swamp. There's other similar examples of holding young talent out vs the gators but that one still rankles.

Reactions: 1 person
Definitely NOT! One question. Who is a coach on here and has evaluated our QB's on a daily bases since Fall practice started? I'm willing to bet that none of you on here have even seen any of the QB's throw other than in a game or some practice highlights. There is a reason Butch is starting Worley. I don't know why, but neither do you. Maybe they all stink. I just don't know. I like CBJ so far, but I'll judge him by his on field performance this year. The Oregon game was a disaster when it comes the Offensive coaching. I would have preferred to try to shorten the game and ran it every play and occasionally did a play action pass when they started committing to stop the run. Everyone knew that was only shot to keep it reasonably close. That wasn't the game plan and that was a coaching decision. So I blame that on the coaches. Other than that game coach CBJ has been solid, but the jury is still out. Don't put all the passing troubles on Worley because there are more factors than Worley. Coaching is one of them also.

CP couldnt run a route to save his life.....Bray had no problem getting him the ball. Just sayin'. I dont think Worley will ever be the answer...JMO

Maybe Worley waits to see if to see if the receiver is going where he is supposed to go, because sometimes they don't.

Maybe Worley waits to see if to see if the receiver is going where he is supposed to go, because sometimes they don't.

If the coaches know that is the case (and they will based on what they called versus what their receivers/QB ran) it is on the coaches for continuing to call slow developing plays that rely on timing knowing receivers aren't running the right routes which throw timing out the window. When your receiver is supposed to run a 10-yard out route and the QB throws in advance... but the receiver runs an 8 or 12-yard, well, timing will be way off. This is why Manning had that 6 INT game a couple of years ago.

IIRC, Kiffin found success with Crompton when he rolled him out of the pocket and cut the field (and reads he had to make) in half. Before that, Crompton was struggling with his reads in the pocket, he was reacting negatively to pressure and forcing throws. He looked supremely uncomfortable.

That's kinda how Worley and Peterman look. They look really uncomfortable. To my unprofessional and untrained eyes... they both look like they're overthinking the system, their reads and timing instead of just letting it out.

Playing time in games is really the only way to know what you have.

Worley appears to be a good game manager, there is a place on the team for such a guy.

I think his future is in coaching, not playing football.

He needs an injection of a small amount of Brett Favre confidence and aggression. Not enough to be reckless but enough to give his receivers a chance.

So what you're saying is a little bit of Bray....but you never go full Bray.

Works for me.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/youtube]

Who is to say Riley (or Dobbs) isn't a gamer? Nobody will ever know - Butch included - until he gets that chance.

Jamal Lewis ran for 1300 yds and was named SEC freshman OTY but never saw the field that year in the swamp. There's other similar examples of holding young talent out vs the gators but that one still rankles.

Lewis came on TSR the other day saying that he didn't play early in the year because he wasn't able to block at that point. There's more to each position besides throwing, or running, or catching. There's obviously something missing in the freshmen or else they'd be playing.

CP couldnt run a route to save his life.....Bray had no problem getting him the ball. Just sayin'. I dont think Worley will ever be the answer...JMO

Yeah, I'm sure starting more than 3 games at the college level for both Bray and CP didn't help that at all.

Worley is sub par Qtb. He plays tight and scared. He waits until receivers in the clear then throws. His arm strength is lacking. Split second decisions for Qtb play under pressure and breakdown s are bad. His is not a gamer. I am sure he is a fine young man but is in way over his head.he is just a player not a leader for a high end div 1 school. I am sorry his time is numbered. He will self destruct. Hold he proves me wrong.

Tennessee vs. Arkansas Highlights - YouTube

Funny how his "noodle" arm looks pretty good when throwing to receivers who know what the f they're doing.

Worley is not as horrible as most people on volnation think and he will start against Florida and he willprobably start next year.

Dumbest thread I've seen! Give the guy time, he wasn't the gatorade player of the year for nothing! Is he playing well, No but How was your record at TN as a qb? Enough said! Give the guy a break

Dumbest thread I've seen! Give the guy time, he wasn't the gatorade player of the year for nothing! Is he playing well, No but How was your record at TN as a qb? Enough said! Give the guy a break

Nothing screams "completely devoid of intellect" like calling out the guy with whom you actually agree.

Thanks...that highlight reel was hard and painful to watch...really got me pumped. And yes worley is the worst QB I've seen at UT imho

VN Store

Back