So Worley is the worst qb of all time apparently.

You won't get an argument out of me. I basically feel If Butch intended to start and keep Worley as the starter they should have done more to suit the play calling to his skill set. A faux read option mixed with deep passes is not that. Since they seem set on their play calling then Peterman should get a series with the ones and be allowed to execute the option.

MFW Peterman trots out with the Offense for our first series and promptly executes every package except for the read-option.

http://youtu.be/y3q6cqlglvw

Funny how his "noodle" arm looks pretty good when throwing to receivers who know what the f they're doing.

Worley is not as horrible as most people on volnation think and he will start against Florida and he willprobably start next year.

worst qb in history? I think that remains to be seen and probably this staff thinks so too. Maybe they were hoping a switch would snap for this guy so is possible we see him against FL. I hope so because I do not want to see a quarterback with less experience thrown to the wolves in the swamp. I think this FL game is probabably his last chance to prove himself to these coaches..

Ever who gets the start saturday has the chance to do something that hasn't been done in a long time win at the damn swamp. Whoever it is we just need to back him and our VOLS a 100%. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Ever who gets the start saturday has the chance to do something that hasn't been done in a long time win at the damn swamp. Whoever it is we just need to back him and our VOLS a 100%. GO VOLS!

I back him..just a load to put on the back...ouch
Not going to be a day trip...

I think he is a fine QB, but has a serious problem with "happy feet". On throws where he has time he still finds a way to throw off balance or on his back foot. I'm also not sure why he never opts to hold the ball on read runs? There have been multiple times where if he took the ball we may have gotten atleast 3 yards. I'm aware 3yrds doesn't seem like much but it will eventually make the LBs and DBs cheat up a bit......we need those 3yrds

Agree with this this year, but it appears when he isn't running some dumb read option, and is actually asked to be a proper QB, step up in the pocket, and wing a ball, his footwork and arm improve. & these highlights were from when muscularly, he did have a noodle arm. Wonder what he's like now that he actually has some shoulder and pec development if/when asked to throw the same plays in that highlight to WR's running the correct depth and timing to their routes. Hmmm...

Guys we have an OC playing his first big boy ball and coaching QB . Maybe the way he runs practice and teaches the guys has an effect. Who knows but if we are gona throw the QB's under the bus lets not forget the coaches paid to teach them

Guys we have an OC playing his first big boy ball and coaching QB . Maybe the way he runs practice and teaches the guys has an effect. Who knows but if we are gona throw the QB's under the bus lets not forget the coaches paid to teach them

N it could be the system n not the qb.. maybe he is a good qb being made to run off that's not his strength.. again its the coaches that should know this n play to his strength n not his weakness ..imo

Butch said Worley has not been throwing his receivers open and has been waiting until they were open. It appears to me that he doesn't have the arm strength or quick release to get away with the latter. I also understand the receivers are green and not always where they should be. If this is the case don't you want a Qb with a big arm to make up for their shortcomings? Do we have a Qb with a big arm? Can he run as well?

Worley will start against Florida. He's the QB now, but if the game is a blowout expect to see Nathan Peterman in the 4th Quarter and from then on including starting the South Alabama game. If Worley has a breakout game, 2-3 TDs then he's the man for the rest of the season. as for his inaccuracy it really depends on what throws he been making and if he and the WR are on the same page. You have to consider that he hasn't had time with all the WR as they are constantly rotated or injured at the moment.

N it could be the system n not the qb.. maybe he is a good qb being made to run off that's not his strength.. again its the coaches that should know this n play to his strength n not his weakness ..imo

Can you not just type out the word and, seriously, every one of your posts...

Back on topic, plenty here have said it and I tend to agree. Worley, so far, has been Crompton Jr. Let's not forget, Crompton was what, a four star? And we know how that turned out.

I dont understand why people want to wait until its a blowout to pull Worley. I wanna win the game and letting Worley fail to prove he isnt the guy means we lose the game. START someone else instead of waiting until we cant comeback.

I don't care who it is, actually, as long as it's the best available we have.

If that happens to be Worley then I hope Butch Jones can pull a qb from the juco ranks for next year. If Worley finishes out the year we will be lucky to win 5 games.

Butch said Worley has not been throwing his receivers open and has been waiting until they were open. It appears to me that he doesn't have the arm strength or quick release to get away with the latter. I also understand the receivers are green and not always where they should be. If this is the case don't you want a Qb with a big arm to make up for their shortcomings? Do we have a Qb with a big arm? Can he run as well?

That would be ideal if he has a grasp of the offense.

Worley isnt comfortable running it seems....my fear is that we push em into running and he gets squished.

Tennessee vs. Arkansas Highlights - YouTube

Funny how his "noodle" arm looks pretty good when throwing to receivers who know what the f they're doing.

Worley is not as horrible as most people on volnation think and he will start against Florida and he willprobably start next year.

Agree. They vast majority of the ones who slam do not know much about football. They just think He is the cause of Tenn. not to winning at least 10 games.

Worley needs some improvements. He has an option to run if passing plays break down. He needs to learn to take advantage of what the D gives him. Once he does this, defenses will have to account for his running and keep a spy on him. This will open up holes in coverage

Running? Are you kidding me?
He's a pro-style QB. Butch's system does not fit him.
GO VOLS!

Do you remember the melt down Crompton had against UCLA? That had to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen in a Ut QB. And I will go ahead and add Eric Ainge and his blow up against LSU in 05.

You are right to add Eric Ainge. He may have thrown two of the worst passes a UT QB has ever thrown, both against LSU. Of course, there were mitigating circumstances...:devilsmoke:

Based on what we have seen so far this year, I am afraid that Worley is a "system QB" in the wrong system. I hate that because I like him and think he has some talent. He would probably flourish in an O like Petrino runs or like Spurrier ran at UF.

Tough break for the guy but he does not seem to instinctively do the things Jones' system requires of a QB. Just from the suggestions in articles written during the competition, he won the job by avoiding mistakes. It now occurs to me at least that perhaps Peterman's "mistakes" were caused by attempting to do the things needed to do the QB job correctly in Jones' system.

In spite of what many here would rather believe... there are still ALOT of questions to be answered about this coaching staff.

That isn't a "negative" statement... just a fact of where we sit.

VN Store

Back