So Worley is the worst qb of all time apparently.

Tennessee vs. Arkansas Highlights - YouTube

Funny how his "noodle" arm looks pretty good when throwing to receivers who know what the f they're doing.

Worley is not as horrible as most people on volnation think and he will start against Florida and he willprobably start next year.

I prefer to look at the South Carolina game in 2011

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNCIG5EbF8[/youtube]

If we could get Worley to play that loose, then I think he'll do alright. My bet is he plays that way in practice, but then loses his mojo and tightens up in the game.

Reactions: 1 person
In spite of what many here would rather believe... there are still ALOT of questions to be answered about this coaching staff.

That isn't a "negative" statement... just a fact of where we sit.

Well, considering Worley was mediocre at best under Dooley and is now mediocre at best under Jones I'd have to come to the conclusion that Worley is just mediocre.

Well, considering Worley was mediocre at best under Dooley and is now mediocre at best under Jones I'd have to come to the conclusion that Worley is just mediocre.

Could be... but what does that have to do with questions about the coaching staff?.... except that given 4 choices... they chose HIM.

Could be... but what does that have to do with questions about the coaching staff?.... except that given 4 choices... they chose HIM.

I've said it, might get flamed some for it but I question going with Workey & not adapting the play book. Other combinations might work but not those 2. I respect the likely reasons or causes but the outcomes, cupcakes and gifted turnovers aside, speak for themselves.

I prefer to look at the South Carolina game in 2011

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdNCIG5EbF8[/youtube]

If we could get Worley to play that loose, then I think he'll do alright. My bet is he plays that way in practice, but then loses his mojo and tightens up in the game.

Whoa.

Are you looking at the same South Carolina game in 2011 as me?

10-26 for 105 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs?

I'd like to see any positive swing for that. Worley doesn't have a good statline against any quality opponent that wasn't garbage time against 2nd/3rd teamers in a blowout.

Whoa.

I'd like to see any positive swing for that. Worley doesn't have a good statline against any quality opponent that wasn't garbage time against 2nd/3rd teamers in a blowout.

5 INT's - 1 TD
That was the statline to pay attention to entering this year, for me.

Reactions: 2 people

I failed to quote the quote you were quoting (damn that's alot of quotes).

Originally Posted by VolFootballlover
Guys we have an OC playing his first big boy ball and coaching QB . Maybe the way he runs practice and teaches the guys has an effect. Who knows but if we are gona throw the QB's under the bus lets not forget the coaches paid to teach them

It doesn't necessarily answer any questions about our coaching staff's abilities. The previous staff elected to RS Peterman because we had Bray and they also did not have the option of choosing between our current roster of QB's.

So if all we can determine from my original point is that Worley is mediocre (and not whether this staff would've chosen more/less wisely than the previous clowns for coaches), then as much as we want out coaches to be miracle workers, they can only do so much to make him serviceable in this league.

You're right that there are still a lot of questions to be answered regarding the current staff :good!:

Running? Are you kidding me?
He's a pro-style QB. Butch's system does not fit him.
GO VOLS!

How? How can he be any type of QB? He takes the expression noodle arm to a new level.

He can't run... Which is fine. But he can't play QB in any system if he can't get the ball from A to B. And that isn't even taking into account his accuracy.

36-70 for a ypa of 5.4 was the statline to me. If you take out his garbagetime stats, it's 25-55 for a 5.6ypa.

Those are bad numbers.

That's telling too but for me even with garbage time he still only managed one TD. He didn't always have all our possible weapons on the field but I know this, he had a hell of a lot more proven targets than this year.

That's telling too but for me even with garbage time he still only managed one TD. He didn't always have all our possible weapons on the field but I know this, he had a hell of a lot more proven targets than this year.

This has to be something Peterman has against him also. He's only gotten 12 passes, true, but he only completed 6 of them for 40 yards. 2/6 of those completions were for 26 of those yards so the other 4 completions were for a pitiful 14 total yards.

Both QBs, to this point, haven't shown anything that make me think either will be able to move the ball at all and win the game.

I still think that Peterman should have gotten some throws in against AP/WKU in garbage time.

This has to be something Peterman has against him also. He's only gotten 12 passes, true, but he only completed 6 of them for 40 yards. 2/6 of those completions were for 26 of those yards so the other 4 completions were for a pitiful 14 total yards.

Both QBs, to this point, haven't shown anything that make me think either will be able to move the ball at all and win the game.

I still think that Peterman should have gotten some throws in against AP/WKU in garbage time.

I've been thoroughly unimpressed since Spring with both of our options at QB. Since we haven't even seen the freshman, I can only assume they're worse or they too frequently make poor, turnover prone decisions typical of rookies.

I've been thoroughly unimpressed since Spring with both of our options at QB. Since we haven't even seen the freshman, I can only assume they're worse or they make poor, turnover prone decisions typical of rookies.

I really think that if one of those Tr FR QBs was an EE he'd be starting.

Worley could barely beat out Peterman... and Peterman missed a bit of time in the spring, didn't he? Peterman has been thoroughly unspectacular in his admittedly limited time throwing. He stares down receivers and has a weird delivery. Watch practice footage of Worley/Peterman throwing. Worley gets it out almost a full second earlier.

Peterman throwing the ball, to me, looks like a cat wiggling its ass when it's preparing to jump up on a ledge.

Tennessee vs. Arkansas Highlights - YouTube

Funny how his "noodle" arm looks pretty good when throwing to receivers who know what the f they're doing.

Worley is not as horrible as most people on volnation think and he will start against Florida and he willprobably start next year.

How do you (OP) explain Worley under throwing North wide open on a deep route by 10 yards?

We obviously know what Butch would do because he's done it but I do believe other coaches would have played at least one of the Freshman. None of those other coaches would be rookie SEC coaches though.

How? How can he be any type of QB? He takes the expression noodle arm to a new level.

He can't run... Which is fine. But he can't play QB in any system if he can't get the ball from A to B. And that isn't even taking into account his accuracy.

Going to disagree here. Butch's system is best run with a QB who is mobile. (i.e. someone who can actually be a threat with the read option rather than handing off to neal or lane on every play)

I assume that the staff is playing the qb that they think gives the team the best chance to win. Given that, I want to know which elite qb prospects they are in on for 2014.

Reactions: 2 people
Whoa.

For a true freshman those 10 throws were pretty solid, had Ricky caught that nice pass over his shoulder it might have changed the outcome.

Worley and Peterman are definitely meh--but we're also playing a group of completely inexperienced receivers, and inexperienced receivers make a lot of mistakes. All the more reason why we need to get the ball, via shortish passes, to TE and slot and backs as much as possible. Throwing the ball 20 + yards down the field is just wasting a down for us--at best. Spread the field, mix things up, throw short, run the ball.

Worley and Peterman are definitely meh--but we're also playing a group of completely inexperienced receivers, and inexperienced receivers make a lot of mistakes. All the more reason why we need to get the ball, via shortish passes, to TE and slot and backs as much as possible. Throwing the ball 20 + yards down the field is just wasting a down for us--at best. Spread the field, mix things up, throw short, run the ball.

I think that was the plan from the beginning--all the experienced sure handed guys who could move seemed to be moved to the slot, where they could be used for short passes or to help block in the run game. Then they all started getting hurt and we were left with a bunch of guys playing for the first time at this level.

VN Store

Back