Sonic edible college logos

You don't tip the runner but usually these restaurants have tip outs for the servers, so they tip this person, the bartender, the host and the busboy out of their pockets

Understood. I bused tables for a while in college and it was always nice to get a little extra at he end of the night, but it wasn't expected.

Understood. I bused tables for a while in college and it was always nice to get a little extra at he end of the night, but it wasn't expected.

Well it is expected a lot of places. My wife's a bartender at Applebee's. they MUST pay tip out to these ppl. It seems unfair bc its a way for the restaurants to get out of paying these ppl better wages, but it's the price you pay to make good money and keep things running smoothly

The fact that I was a bartender for a few years back in the 90s and survived on tips makes me more prone to tipping today.

You should also tip on carry out at these places bc its usually the bartender who prepares your order. They don't cook it but they box it, bag it and hook u up with condiments and napkins

You don't have to tip them.. They get "tipped out" by the servers.

However I agree that sonic workers shouldn't expect a tip. UNLESS they skate out to my car doing some spins and whatnot.

I tip at sonic, just not as much as 20% that I give to servers. They don't refill your drink or do the extra stuff that servers usually should do

We're so bored, give us a break! Lol I can't wait til next Saturday. Already submitted the grocery list to wife and sent the invites. First football game party of the season!

Not going to the game?!?!?!

Not a true fan IMO, JMO, TIFWIW :no:

Well it is expected a lot of places. My wife's a bartender at Applebee's. they MUST pay tip out to these ppl. It seems unfair bc its a way for the restaurants to get out of paying these ppl better wages, but it's the price you pay to make good money and keep things running smoothly

Ur wife needs to go to a diff applebees to bartend if she has to tip out, because she's getting shafted.. The servers tip out 3% of their total sales to be distributed to the hosts AND bartender.. Bartenders should get the hookup.

Ur wife needs to go to a diff applebees to bartend if she has to tip out, because she's getting shafted.. The servers tip out 3% of their total sales to be distributed to the hosts AND bartender.. Bartenders should get the hookup.

No she doesn't tip out, she receives it. That's just how I know.

Lol, it's just a discussion that spawned from the sonic thing. That's what forums are for, right? However, it shouldn't be in the football forums

I never said it bothered me...

I usually tip them though for three reasons

Most are still in high school trying to get wheels

They could be dead beats or living it up on mom dads money but they are earning their on money which is reasponsible

They have the best soft drinks in the world

You don't have to tip them.. They get "tipped out" by the servers.

However I agree that sonic workers shouldn't expect a tip. UNLESS they skate out to my car doing some spins and whatnot.

Lets cut through the crap here.. If the Sonic girl bringing me my food is hot she'll get a tip. If not, no sir. Just what it is. 😊

Reactions: 1 person
So basically you are saying Sonic employees deserve tips for walking a further distance to hand you food than employees of McDonalds.

These girls make $2 and change per hour. They bring you your food, run around with condiments and stuff to serve people. If people don't tip they practically work for nothing. Stop being so cheap, $1 wont kill you dude.

Reactions: 2 people
I never said it bothered me...

I usually tip them though for three reasons

Most are still in high school trying to get wheels

They could be dead beats or living it up on mom dads money but they are earning their on money which is reasponsible

They have the best soft drinks in the world

Especially during happy hour, 50% off

Lets cut through the crap here.. If the Sonic girl bringing me my food is hot she'll get a tip. If not, no sir. Just what it is. 😊

I'm just the opposite. You and your friends are the reason that good looking women are usually hard to get along with. I refuse to let a hot woman in in traffic. They generally need to learn humility.

Reactions: 1 person
These girls make $2 and change per hour. They bring you your food, run around with condiments and stuff to serve people. If people don't tip they practically work for nothing. Stop being so cheap, $1 wont kill you dude.

I could change my mind on this.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back