Sooner Fan here...

Nathan05 -- I hear you. Longhorns are typically so arrogant that you find yourself rooting against them no matter who they play!

I'm a little surprised that the Longhorns are getting so much pre-season love considering how many starters they lost after last year. It's interesting that they're picked to do so much better than OU given the fact that we beat them last year.
You have not met Alabama, have you?

The OU fans that was at Neyland last time we played was very respectful….at least the ones I was around.
Most opposing fans outside of Florida and Georgia are cordial. It also gets hairy when Tennessee fans get nasty drunk and I have seen several of those.

Howdy Vols. I'm looking forward to our Sept 21 game in Norman. I'm planning on watching it via television -- but I'm sure the game will have a great atmosphere for anyone attending in person. It should be a real dog fight. I'm sure Heupel will be warmly received -- he's still very remembered and loved by Sooner faithful.

Good luck to the Vols in every game except the one in Norman!
Go back to where you came from! You aint wanted here! This is copperhead road. DID YOU NOT READ THE SIGN????

Totally kidding. I am glad to have OU and UTjr in the SEC in everything except softball!

Enjoyed my trip to Norman in 2014. Fans were fun and welcoming. The way it’s supposed to be! Anybody going to the game, be prepared to sit and wait afterwards…it gets glutted.

Howdy Vols. I'm looking forward to our Sept 21 game in Norman. I'm planning on watching it via television -- but I'm sure the game will have a great atmosphere for anyone attending in person. It should be a real dog fight. I'm sure Heupel will be warmly received -- he's still very remembered and loved by Sooner faithful.

Good luck to the Vols in every game except the one in Norman!

I see the Vegas line on total team wins for 2024 (over/under) is Okla 7.5, UT 9.0 Kinda surprised me okie was below 8.

I’ve always liked Oklahoma, psyched to have y’all join the conference. Me and a friend are coming for the game, very excited to experience game day in Norman! Staying for the weekend so If there are any restaurants or bars you’d recommend I’d appreciate it.

It would probably be helpful if I get with a few friends and put together a visitors recommendation list. I'll do that -- give me a few days.

Reactions: VolFanatic27
Will Bob give Josh a bro hug?

I think that, at the time, Heupel was pretty disappointed with Stoops making a change at OC. Hopefully time has added some wider perspective and Heupel can see how that might have resulted in some positives. I don't know either personally, but my guess is that Stoops will reach out to Heupel (just a guess). And for all I know, they've already met and don't consider themselves "estranged".

Clearly Heupel is having great success (even if it isn't the path he might have chosen for himself).

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
OP, have you seen Killers of the Flower Moon?

I consider myself a movie person -- but that's one in the category of "I've been meaning to see and haven't yet". It certainly has a lot of star power with DiCaprio, Deniro, and Scorsese.

Have you seen it? If so, do you recommend it?

I consider myself a movie person -- but that's one in the category of "I've been meaning to see and haven't yet". It certainly has a lot of star power with DiCaprio, Deniro, and Scorsese.

It’s convoluted and overwrought. Bottom of the Scorcese genius tree imo.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Venables. It has worked out really well for both of them. JH is in a great position and the reason I joined this board a couple of years ago. He's done well, UT is on the upswing and will be competing with OU for championships in the next couple of years. BV has cleaned up most of the mess that was the fool's gold of LinCON Riley, so I expect that we will continue to beat texus and most everyone else regardless of conference.

I think that UT and OU will become the Georgia/Alabama dominators of the past few SEC seasons shortly. It should be good times. UT fans seem to be good people who love their team and hate the right opponents. You are right on track with rising impatience with the fake ut/texus. texus sucks! It has been painted on the street on campus for more than 40 years. texus sucks!

See you in Norman.

OU guys repeat as follows:

"F.U. Bama"

however in the midst of a more tame crowd the following will suffice:

"go to he** Alabama"

say it loud and say it often

Key will be how well Tennessee can hold up on the road. Last year, Tennessee wasn't very good on the road (see Florida and Missouri as examples).

I guess you're aware of our entirely unproven secondary, along with our underwhelming backfield and linebacker rooms. Stop acting like the talent disparity between us and them is cavernous. We are very comparable teams.
It’s not totally unproven. All of our transfers were playmakers at their previous schools. New guys in the secondary isn’t a bad thing when our pass defense was ranked in the 60s last year. It’s more likely than not that we’ll be better there than last year.

Reactions: gule

OK, my good Okie, my post to you was merry mischief, once removed from “Land Thieves,” the pejorative expression given to Sooners by Austin expats.

No, I’ve not seen the film, yet.

That's pretty bad!

I can stomach incompetence much easier than systematic bias. Hopefully the SEC doesn't have much systematic bias. The Big XII did.
You’ll love it here. No one here worships or even gets a damn about texas. They’re just the second best UT in the conference.

VN Store

Back