Sooner Fan here...

Just got our tickets a few days ago. I may come back here closer to the date for game day advice.

Howdy Vols. I'm looking forward to our Sept 21 game in Norman. I'm planning on watching it via television -- but I'm sure the game will have a great atmosphere for anyone attending in person. It should be a real dog fight. I'm sure Heupel will be warmly received -- he's still very remembered and loved by Sooner faithful.

Good luck to the Vols in every game except the one in Norman!
Would you rather have Heupel as HC
Or
Keep Venebles as HC

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Welcome! I'm expecting a dogfight on Sept 21st! It'll be our young QB's first real road test and the Norman crowd will be good and lathered up for that first home SEC game. Personally I have it penciled in as a loss but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Again, welcome to the forum and to the SEC!
Hope your pencil has an eraser

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Your opinion isn’t’real’. It’s just an opinion. Guess you’re aware of their roster attrition including QB while being ‘grounded’
You're just hoping they have attrition at QB, the reality is this kid coming up could actually be even better than what they lost. He's like a top 10 OU recruit all time, rating wise. Sure it's possible in that big a moment he folds like a cheap tent but he could also Spencer Rattler us and destroy our rather green secondary. Never know.

You're just hoping they have attrition at QB, the reality is this kid coming up could actually be even better than what they lost. He's like a top 10 OU recruit all time, rating wise. Sure it's possible in that big a moment he folds like a cheap tent but he could also Spencer Rattler us and destroy our rather green secondary. Never know.
One was a known commodity. The other one isn’t. If you want to shiver in your pillow clubhouse feel free. I think we will be ok here

One was a known commodity. The other one isn’t. If you want to shiver in your pillow clubhouse feel free. I think we will be ok here
Known to who? To you? This kid was ranked right up there with Nico. That's like being an OU fan and saying you aren't worried about UT because we lost our QB.

Screenshot_20240710-194042.png

Your opinion isn’t’real’. It’s just an opinion. Guess you’re aware of their roster attrition including QB while being ‘grounded’
I guess you're aware of our entirely unproven secondary, along with our underwhelming backfield and linebacker rooms. Stop acting like the talent disparity between us and them is cavernous. We are very comparable teams.

They also got a really favorable SEC schedule. They play Georgia and Oklahoma, but that’s it. No Alabama, no Tennessee, no Ole Miss, no Missouri.

Basically, if they split with UGA and OU, they’re probably in Atlanta.
^
This. What a joke of a schedule in year one. Given the big money at UTjr, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t supplant Bama as the SEC office favorite.

Ticketing question for you.
As a member of the Big12, how many tickets did you give to the visiting teams to sell ?
Do you know, as now a member of the SEC, if that number changes and how many Tennessee will get?

Big XII stipulated 2500 tickets to visitors.

OU will likely reserve the minimum the SEC requires for visitors (we have a long streak of sell outs at home).

I was in Norman for the 2014 game and plan to attend again this year. In 2014, the fans were welcoming, and we had a great time. Not sure the reception will be the same since we are in the same conference now.

Vol fans will be treated well in Norman. There may be a few Sooner yahoos out there, but the overwhelming majority will welcome passionate college football fans.

Reactions: CedarHillVol
I'll be interested in getting your reflection on these two thoughts ('24 Oklahoma a strong team ... Arnold and Nico similar, extremely high ceilings) after the game.

Hmmm. I would be surprised if I change my mind on those two points (OU is strong this year and JA has a high ceiling).

I’m sure it’ll be a great game! I like Oklahoma, y’all have a class program and great fans. Y’all are going to absolutely hate our refs in the SEC, they’re garbage unless you like the row tiders.

I'll just say this -- I'll be surprised if OU feels the SEC refs are worse than the Big XII refs.

Howdy Vols. I'm looking forward to our Sept 21 game in Norman. I'm planning on watching it via television -- but I'm sure the game will have a great atmosphere for anyone attending in person. It should be a real dog fight. I'm sure Heupel will be warmly received -- he's still very remembered and loved by Sooner faithful.

Hi! We respect the fact that you’re one of the die hard fans like us that just wants to talk some football, however, we’re still pretty salty over the Baker Mayfield loss. I’m honestly getting angry just typing about it🤣.

Question, is Heupel actually warmly remembered at OU? I would just assume there’s animosity there.

Big XII stipulated 2500 tickets to visitors.

OU will likely reserve the minimum the SEC requires for visitors (we have a long streak of sell outs at home).
Thanx. I think in the SEC its 5,000 but I could be wrong.

I wouldn't be cordial to an opposing fan, esp one that's beaten us twice in a row. Esp not one in an SEC school. No offense.

I hope you all lose. If i'm this salty now, come back during UF, Bama, KY, or UGA week. You'll love it

Reactions: tobybeast

Welcome to the SEC, and Volnation

Welcome! I'm expecting a dogfight on Sept 21st! It'll be our young QB's first real road test and the Norman crowd will be good and lathered up for that first home SEC game. Personally I have it penciled in as a loss but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Again, welcome to the forum and to the SEC!
Hate that we lost two to OK w Butch but should have won at home. OK fan passion and down to earth fans similar to Vols in a lot of ways. Best of luck to OK outside of Vols game. Maybe now my second fav sec team. Screw TX

Reactions: CedarHillVol
...Question, is Heupel actually warmly remembered at OU? I would just assume there’s animosity there.

Well, there is the awkward fact about him now being a coach of one of our conference rivals... but yes, Heupel is warmly regarded and well remembered.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I'll just say this -- I'll be surprised if OU feels the SEC refs are worse than the Big XII refs.
Try this…Bama game. Tennessee receiving a kickoff. Referee says a player on the front on the return team raised his hand over his head causing a fair catch. Never has happened. Well ok….the returner catches the ball at the 7 yard line and it’s blown dead for the fair catch. Ball is spotted at the 7. Now…fair catch on the kickoff, ball gets spotted at the 25 right??? Nope, not on the Bama game, stayed at the 7. Complete and total BS!!!!

Reactions: Okie
I wouldn't be cordial to an opposing fan, esp one that's beaten us twice in a row. Esp not one in an SEC school. No offense.

I hope you all lose. If i'm this salty now, come back during UF, Bama, KY, or UGA week. You'll love it

No offense taken. And if you're looking for an altercation, I'm sure someone will oblige you.

BTW, did you happen to see that video of the Bama fan that attacked some OU students during the 2014 Sugar Bowl -- link here.

Reactions: Okie

VN Store

Back