Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

Wow, you guys are tough. I've always had a soft spot for the Vols and certainly since Heuple hired on. Mainly used to dealing with cults at TA&M and the elitists (trophy-less) in Austin. You guys thus far win the ad hominem attack title hands down. Carry on.
Did you ever see Stone Cold with Brian Bosworth? Kick ass flick.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
This isn’t pitiful g the two teams in perspective. I see what you’re trying to do. Try again.

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4

See ya' in Norman, guys.
Man, that game with Baker Mayfield and Josh Dobbs was great!

One of the best and loudest I’ve seen in Neyland.

Also, the Big 8 conference hasn’t existed for 30 years, I’m not sure those count anymore. 🤔

Head coaching perspective

Heupel at Tennessee 27-12 (.692)
Venables at Oklahoma 16-10 (.615)

Unranked losses
Heupel-3 in 3 years
Venables-6 in his first year

Program status when starting
Heupel-NCAA sanctions, chronic losing team
Venables-a consistent playoff contender
Historical
UT - 865–414–53
OU - 944-341-53

Hey, we tie on our ties. We definitely have something in common.

Historical
UT - 865–414–53
OU - 944-341-53

Your QB...Jackson?....had a rough year last season. How's he looking in your practices and scrimmages this year?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Historical
UT - 865–414–53
OU - 944-341-53

Should we really break things down by competition? Because OU has played in a conference that’s as weak as water. Tennessee has played in the most dominant conference in college football. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Historical
UT - 865–414–53
OU - 944-341-53

What you don’t have is Josh Heupel. You think he’s coming back for a homecoming? No no. Nobody in Norman will be safe from the absolute skull dragging that will occur.

Unfortunately you’re in a new conference now and with that your past has now come irrelevant.

Big 8, after Nebraska & Oklahoma, was a joke. That’s just a fact. Sad truth is OU had to cheat like hell to win it.
You don't like the past, change the future. You're claiming fame from the shirt tails of the SEC while having very little to show for it. It's great to be in the greatest conference, it's better to have multiple accomplishments while a part of it. Alabama cannot win for you.

You don't like the past, change the future. You're claiming fame from the shirt tails of the SEC while having very little to show for it. It's great to be in the greatest conference, it's better to have multiple accomplishments while a part of it. Alabama cannot win for you.

Glad you guys are now in the only real conference left. We both have storied programs but now, like Highlander, we are in the super league to fight for the prize. Winners will out and the most excellent will be proven not with words but on the field.

Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn have all won as many or more NCs as OU has in the last 30 yrs. Other than Nebraska in the big 8 & Texas in the B12, no other school was actually capable of winning a NC.

Please don’t say TCU almost did….

Facts are facts. Don't act longhorn-ish. The data is the data. If you want it changed, beat us on the field. I can live with that, though I won't like it.
The Longhorns are going to find out what it's like to play in a real conference too. Not saying they don't have a good team this year but I think they're overrated. I like the Horns but they have a real awakening coming. The SEC though is just getting tougher with the addition of UTEX and OU. Play Ball! Go VOLS!

Reactions: TennMan101

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4

See ya' in Norman, guys.

If you want to get along with TN, don’t bring up the Heistman. It’s like a beauty pageant trophy that has been given to a drag queen. Nothing but a political prop.

This “We come in peace!” before you drop a deuce on our front porch was a clinic in sportsmanship and diplomacy. 😅

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4

See ya' in Norman, guys.
That’s really not “perspective”. Those are just some stats that you’re obviously proud of, and for good reason. But they won’t have any bearing whatsoever on September 21st. OU has enjoyed a cupcake walk to their CCG most years compared to the gauntlet we run every season, as you’ll soon see for yourself. I’m very excited for this game, it’ll be my first trip to Norman. Hoping no players are hurt and the good guys win, Go Vols!

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4

See ya' in Norman, guys.

Welcome to the SEC and the football and men's basketball games should be off the charts.

Reality, I love it! The past matters not, and to your point, we haven’t won anything in years/decades. However, both programs are among blue bloods of college football, and this game will be a heavy weight affair.
You should know (and perhaps someone tell Nico) that I haven’t been this excited pre-season since Jerry Colquitt was poised to take his first meaningful snaps in LA, …… uhh, wait a sec.
For my tribe here on VN, I believe we throttle OK, but the man is not incorrect to date.
Our journey to Norman begins in CLT, go big orange !

Facts are facts. Don't act longhorn-ish. The data is the data. If you want it changed, beat us on the field. I can live with that, though I won't like it.
I don’t have problems with respectful opposing fans. But you just wanted to come on here and stir $*** up. And you tried doing it under the guise of “putting the teams in perspective”. Just come and talk trash next time if that’s what you want to do. Or better yet, stay on an Oklahoma board.

VN Store

Back