Sooner fan really looking forward to the game

You don't like the past, change the future. You're claiming fame from the shirt tails of the SEC while having very little to show for it. It's great to be in the greatest conference, it's better to have multiple accomplishments while a part of it. Alabama cannot win for you.
Very little to show for it?

Maybe do some research

I think OU and Texas will both eventual get one. They are too solid of programs. Now it maybe a while for the other expansion candidates: Arkansas, South Carolina, Missouri, and Texas A&M.

In fact, I have more confidence in Oklahoma being successful long-term than Texas. Texas just screams Texas A&M 2.0. A team with top classes and money but underachieves.
Texas will probably just from sheer resources and talent at some point. OU? I don’t think so without several programs falling off big time. They’re probably going to end up about as successful as Missouri but with more comparable resources and fan support to a program like USCjr.

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.

Life is about to get a whoooole lot different for yall....

Look, two historic programs, and yes you're a little ahead.

You know we're not going to respect 50 conference championships in a two team conference. I mean, you can only play who's in front of you, and you've done well on the national stage, too, so it's not a problem. But it's not really a comparable stat. You're in the SEC now, so welcome aboard.

Stuff "since 2000" is a sore spot here. And the "head to head" just reminds us of Butch Jones's unique ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so that's more salt on the wound, but I'm sure it's unintentional. The only real question is, "Are we back?" And if we are, you can forget about "since 2000."

And then you go and deliberately provoke us over our contentious relationship with the Heisman? That one's a low blow. I see you saving it for last. Yeah, that post landed way too many cheap shots to be unintentional (although props on the trolling, are you actually a Vol?).

Texas will probably just from sheer resources and talent at some point. OU? I don’t think so without several programs falling off big time. They’re probably going to end up about as successful as Missouri but with more comparable resources and fan support to a program like USCjr.

OU is out recruiting Texas right now. Texas had all those resources the last 2 decades and only has a couple of Conference Titles to show for it. Don't underestimated OU's ability to out work Texas and beat them.

A&M had all these resources as well and hasn't done jack with it.

Facts are facts. Don't act longhorn-ish. The data is the data. If you want it changed, beat us on the field. I can live with that, though I won't like it.
So feign innocence I guess? But what was the point in bringing that here? Certainly not to stir the pot I’m sure.

Welcome to the SEC. I wish we could have played y'all's schedules the last 20 years....
All TN had to do was switch conferences. OU and texus showed how easy that is to do. :)

Though in fairness, with some of UT's coaches over the past 20 years, I don't know that the results would have been too much different. :)

I'm looking forward to OU and the real UT (Tennessee) dominating the SEC for years to come. texus is fool's gold, as always, and the georgia/alabama rule is over. Josh Heupel is the real deal and kids love playing in his system. While Lincoln Riley was getting all of the press (and money) at OU, Josh was quietly building a system that can play both offense and defense which will win championships. Brent Venables has rebuilt the program at OU after Riley left a shambles. It should be good times.

Had a hella time in Knoxville a couple of years ago. Got to see the stadium - awesome. As our initial SEC contest nears, just want to put the two teams in perspective.

UT OU
NC's (Claimed) 6 7
Conf. Championships 16 50
Head-to-head (W/L) 1 3
Heisman trophy 0 7
N/C games since 2000 2 4
Consensus AA Players 41 82

See ya' in Norman, guys.
forgot one...

Times that a school screwed over the coach that was doing an outstanding job for the program in order to not deal with the real problem:

UT OU
0 1

Last edited:
All TN had to do was switch conferences. OU and texus showed how easy that is to do. :)

Though in fairness, with some of UT's coaches over the past 20 years, I don't know that the results would have been too much different. :)

I'm looking forward to OU and the real UT (Tennessee) dominating the SEC for years to come. texus is fool's gold, as always, and the georgia/alabama rule is over. Josh Heupel is the real deal and kids love playing in his system. While Lincoln Riley was getting all of the press (and money) at OU, Josh was quietly building a system that can play both offense and defense which will win championships. Brent Venables has rebuilt the program at OU after Riley left a shambles. It should be good times.
I obviously don't keep up with the sooners like OK fans but do you really believe Riley left the program in shambles? LR had double digit wins every year in Norman except for one season in 2020 going 9-2. It's not like he left a bare cupboard either.

I like Oklahoma as a state. I've spent a lot of time in the SW pocket and I love it there. Great hunting and the people are salt of the earth. Just a very humble/gritty bunch of cowpokes.
I brought a bunch of them to Neyland for the Arky game in 2007 and they we're the life of the party at Cotton Eye Joe's that night.

Apples to oranges. OU played in a mickey mouse league forever. Honestly, OU's legacy for most SEC fans starts this year. Nothing accomplished in the Big12 or prior impresses me. I do think you're poised to be the 3rd best addition to the league, and settle into the 10-12 range on average. If OU can convince SEC kids to go live in flyover country for a few years more power to them, but couldn't be me.
Two of those losses to OU were with our Mickey Mouse coach too.

Apples to oranges. OU played in a mickey mouse league forever. Honestly, OU's legacy for most SEC fans starts this year. Nothing accomplished in the Big12 or prior impresses me. I do think you're poised to be the 3rd best addition to the league, and settle into the 10-12 range on average. If OU can convince SEC kids to go live in flyover country for a few years more power to them, but couldn't be me.
OU is a great program but so are we . Should be a great game.

Heh, I thought more of Oklahoma fans. This fella is making it hard not to throw them on the pile with Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Mizzou fans.

But hey, he doesn't represent them any more than, say, D4H represents us. Still giving those guys a chance.

Go Vols!
The other guy that came on here is cool . There was a guy a few years ago who was a good sport too. One thing I have noticed is that on social media they are very touchy about being “disrespected” where they were picked in the SEC this season. I get that they won the BIG 12 some crazy amount of times in the past 20 years, but it’s always a different ballgame when they get into the CFP or face a team w/ a pulse in a NY6 . OU fans don’t come at me w/ that Florida game from a few years ago. That was a joke.

Wow, you guys are tough. I've always had a soft spot for the Vols and certainly since Heuple hired on. Mainly used to dealing with cults at TA&M and the elitists (trophy-less) in Austin. You guys thus far win the ad hominem attack title hands down. Carry on.
We just don’t like the comparison BS. It was disrespectful. You can leave that trash out of the equation. You may think your old conference was tough and somehow compares to the SEC but it doesn’t. Most of the unbiased nation recognizes that as well. If your old conference was so great and dominant, your team and Texas wouldn’t have wanted to jump ship. So here y’all are because your school and Texas knows where real football is played and where the money is made. The guys here are respectful if you are. But like I said, the comparison BS isn’t a way to introduce yourself. It was trashy.

This “We come in peace!” before you drop a deuce on our front porch was a clinic in sportsmanship and diplomacy. 😅

This. The idea of going on opposing schools' sites is pathetic to begin with, clearly the sign of an empty life, but starting a thread in order to passive-aggresively trash talk is pathetic on steroids.

There are those very few exceptions, like @DirtyDawg , who understand how to have a conversation without being a dick, but they are essentially needles in a haystack.

VN Store

Back