Space Force Commander firing is alarming...

He is an idiot. Lots of free countries are not the most powerful country in the world and remain rich and powerful. Look at Europe. He is just fear mongering.

Says the guy texting from from his towmotor while he waits on the next pallet drinking Pepsi and eating sunflower seeds.

Reactions: AM64
Calling it commentary is "citing as gospel"?

First of all is your premise "there are many rich powerful countries that are free..." - no, there aren't. You can encapsulate the entirety of the European West's military capability in a bag and it's still a combined 42-43% of U.S. spending for 2021. And they actually can see Russia from their back yard.

DefSec Austin is publicly concerned with "existential" threats, such as white supremacists in the ranks, climate change, and diversity. In the best of times with a barely industrialized and illiterate Russia and China, no NK and Iran racing to nuclear capability - even then, why would the military devolve and divert a fighting capability focus to leftist chimeras?

But that isn't the case, and in fact we have a militarily ascendant China, a Russia growing fat on European energy sales, and the worst of authoritarian countries on an inevitable path to nukes. If the UFOs are not a Pentagon project and they actually don't know what they are, their capabilities and can't stop them, why is that not an existential threat or of primary importance?

This is why Democrats cannot be entrusted with national security at our border and beyond. Had you not commented, I wouldn't have bothered watching the segment, but figured Carlson with either WAY off base or dead-on, dead-on being the winning ticket. You appear to have a reflexive aversion simply because it's Carlson.

I wasn't speaking in terms of military might. I was talking rich and powerful from the perspective of their citizens. Tucker's whole premise is that if we don't continue to spend insane sums of money on the military we will fall under chinese rule. It is a stupid f#cking premise. But again gospel to you and your ilk so carry on.

Says the guy texting from from his towmotor while he waits on the next pallet drinking Pepsi and eating sunflower seeds.

Yeah you got me. I am the guy that pays more in income taxes than most make.

And what kind of person drinks pepsi?

I wasn't speaking in terms of military might. I was talking rich and powerful from the perspective of their citizens. Tucker's whole premise is that if we don't continue to spend insane sums of money on the military we will fall under chinese rule. It is a stupid f#cking premise. But again gospel to you and your ilk so carry on.

You're not very bright if that's what you took from Tucker's monologue but off course that has been obvious for a long time.

Yeah you got me. I am the guy that pays more in income taxes than most make.

And what kind of person drinks pepsi?

Don't worry, all those lawyers I saw graduating on Monday will start giving you a run for your money in ambulance chasing.

It's like the old lions, eventually you're going to slow down and they'll overtake you.

Reactions: AM64 and BreatheUT
Don't worry, all those lawyers I saw graduating on Monday will start giving you a run for your money in ambulance chasing.

It's like the old lions, eventually you're going to slow down and they'll overtake you.

Here's the problem... our business model compensates the old timers with a pyramid scheme. I hire new lawyers pay them X and bill them at 3X. So, for their service period as associate attorneys the firm is making roughly their salary as profit.

You're not very bright if that's what you took from Tucker's monologue but off course that has been obvious for a long time.

And apparently you did not watch it because that is exactly what he said. When you call somebody's intelligence into question you better do so with good grammar and spelling.

Besides perspective; what is my "ilk"?

The commentary was about MILITARY power; if yours wasn't, what was the purpose? In practicality it doesn't matter what their citizens consider powerful; they simply aren't.
I'm not sure you thought this through. Australia didn't send a warship through the Taiwan strait because they can defend against China, but because we did and they're OUR ally. We do it because we can, and should. When we cannot defend or navigate waters that China or Russia wish to claim, then they will dictate to us without setting foot on U.S. soil to "rule" us.

The U.S. Indo-Pacific Command isn't warning Senate Armed Services Comm. "the military balance in the Indo-Pacific is becoming more unfavorable for the United States and our allies." because there's nothing to be alarmed about.

What is a sane amount you recommend we spend? So far, you haven't put a logical dent into anything Carlson said.

Here's the problem... our business model compensates the old timers with a pyramid scheme. I hire new lawyers pay them X and bill them at 3X. So, for their service period as associate attorneys the firm is making roughly their salary as profit.

I hope you never wonder why lawyers get a bad rep lol

Reactions: -GiveHim6- and AM64
Besides perspective; what is my "ilk"?

The commentary was about MILITARY power; if yours wasn't, what was the purpose? In practicality it doesn't matter what their citizens consider powerful; they simply aren't.
I'm not sure you thought this through. Australia didn't send a warship through the Taiwan strait because they can defend against China, but because we did and they're OUR ally. We do it because we can, and should. When we cannot defend or navigate waters that China or Russia wish to claim, then they will dictate to us without setting foot on U.S. soil to "rule" us.

The U.S. Indo-Pacific Command isn't warning Senate Armed Services Comm. "the military balance in the Indo-Pacific is becoming more unfavorable for the United States and our allies." because there's nothing to be alarmed about.

What is a sane amount you recommend we spend? So far, you haven't put a logical dent into anything Carlson said.

Carlson also questions the priorities of the defense department which is a legitimate concern. Austin just sounds ridiculous in his speech about the primary enemy of our military is within its own ranks. Then they spend money on a cartoon commercial for recruitment. Talk about stymieing recruitment of quality leaders.

Reactions: AM64 and NCFisher
Carlson also questions the priorities of the defense department which is a legitimate concern. Austin just sounds ridiculous in his speech about the primary enemy of our military is within its own ranks. Then they spend money on a cartoon commercial for recruitment. Talk about stymieing recruitment of quality leaders.

Exactly, I noted that in first reply to him.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Thanks for the intellectual stimulation.
Now go bag some groceries.

No thanks, I don't have the time since I'm a shareholder in my own company. You're going to have to get someone else to help you at the grocery store.

No thanks, I don't have the time since I'm a shareholder in my own company. You're going to have to get someone else to help you at the grocery store.

Good for you; I trust your management skills exceed your negligible discussion contribution.

VN Store

Back