Sprinting after a quarter is like a boxer doing push ups between rounds

UTVOLKeith

punished good deeds
Reserve energy is a premium in the game of football. Especially when it comes to 4th and 1 or goal line situations.

Having our OL sprint down the field is dumb imo.

Reactions: 11 people
Thanks for the advice. Please forward this to the coaching staff. I'm sure they will appreciate your input.

Reactions: 4 people
Is it true the OP is the 'Ol Stool Carrier?

Derek+Dooley+Alabama+v+Tennessee+h1iCL_zbcNSl.jpg

Reactions: 26 people
Reserve energy is a premium in the game of football. Especially when it comes to 4th and 1 or goal line situations.

Totally agree man our coach had us do that in basetball everyone thought it was stupid

If an OL can't push for 4th and 1 (like they've been unable to do in past) they need to sprint home.

Reactions: 6 people
you've just gone through 3 years of incompetence.

you had a 45-0 win on saturday (forget the opponent for a second).

and this is the **** you are thinking about on sunday.

Reactions: 85 people
If you can't run 50 yards with a 5 minute commercial break to recover, you should probably be on the bench anyway.

Reactions: 19 people
Shows confidence, and fire. It shows that they are ready to me, ready to play football and give us loyal fans something to be proud of.

Reactions: 14 people
When we are 3rd/4th and goal at the 1 at the start of the 4th quarter and we fail to score, I will blame the 100 yard sprint that Tiny and the rest just ran and I will say I told you so. Same goes for the D with the above scenario reversed.

Reactions: 1 person
you've just gone through 3 years of incompetence.

you had a 45-0 win on saturday (forget the opponent for a second).

and this is the **** you are thinking about on sunday.

And you're on a UT board.

Latent VOL?

I guess you would rather they "walked" thru the 'T' before the game 'cause you don't want them tired for the kickoff, uh? :eek:lol:

Reactions: 26 people

Never played a sport? Didn't think so...

A 40 yard run won't hurt our lungs.

It is disheartening to see your opponent running full of energy when you are gassed.

Didn't play football in high school but I wrestled.

When I saw someone run back to the circle when I was tired, it created doubt. On the flip side, you see someone with their hands on their hips about to die, it gives you a boost. These are two feeling that everyone in a demanding sport has felt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
When we are 3rd/4th and goal at the 1 at the start of the 4th quarter and we fail to score, I will blame the 100 yard sprint that Tiny and the rest just ran and I will say I told you so. Same goes for the D with the above scenario reversed.

On a good note, if the 1st or 3rd quarter ends on the 49, it's only a 2-yard sprint! :)

Reactions: 8 people

If one sprint keeps them from making a play in the 4th quarter our strength and conditioning coach should be fired on the spot.

Side note - you probably need a breathalyzer on your keyboard to keep you from starting threads.

Reactions: 6 people

Hello my name is Professor K. I don't get much attention at home and like to ridicule things I have no concept of. Since I don't play organized sports I have no idea why a coach would do something that I wouldn't understand. So I find something to say about it and plus I'm lonely and starting a thread full of nonsense helps my self esteem.

Well we didn't sprint down the field last year and we all know how that went. So what if they sprint downfield. Shows a lot of energy and they are in shape. Let Butch take care of these things. I think we will be a lot better off with Butch.

Not at 320 lbs.

Edited my first post.

And it doesn't matter. It's not like they don't have to get down there anyway.

By your logic, I would think that anything less then driving out the carts and shuttling players is just too dang much to ask for.

VN Store

Back