Spurrier Explains UT and Jabs Gators

But, who can forget that he told Foley when Foley asked for a resume to walk down the hall and look at the trophy case! Lol

Spurrier did what he did at Florida because he had all of that instate talent in his back yard! Plain and simple, he would not have fared much better than Fulmer did. With him not coaching against himself he would have done better than fulmer-maybe ine more NC but don't forget even at Florida he seemingly lost one gane a year he shouldn'thave.

Interesting perspective. Spurrier lost only 27 games at Florida but eight of those losses were to FSU. Indeed, he was 5-8-1 against Florida State and never beat the Seminoles in Tallahassee (Florida vs Florida State 1990-2001). Tennessee would have been a better coached team under Spurrier's direction, but the real question would have been how well he would have recruited here. For all of his coaching acumen and play-calling genius, I don't believe that many people would describe Spurrier as the relentless recruiter that Fulmer was during the first half of his tenure at UT.

He was a superior coach to Fulmer and there is no doubt about that. What helped Fulmer was quality of his assistants wher Spurrior was a plug and play type coach. Both in ayers and coaches.

Reactions: 1 person
Man, I hated his azz when he was at Florida. But, his record speaks for itself, and if nothing else he has earned my respect over the years.

VN Store

Back