Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

I would have to think that Drayton + Loeffler could be a VERY GOOD recruiting combination. Those would be two position coaches to be very excited about...both from their coaching (esp. Loeffler) as well as recruiting.

I hate to even think about it for fear of being disappointed, but it you put DeBord at WR or TE ... and put him on the recruiting trail as well....me likes....me likes.

drayton will be fine. we're heaping a pile of hope on these hires and most have minimal overall impact.

I think that the strongest contribution these guys can make is on the recruiting trail. Granted, wins probably bring in more talent than great recruiters .... but it can't hurt.

I think that the strongest contribution these guys can make is on the recruiting trail. Granted, wins probably bring in more talent than great recruiters .... but it can't hurt.
wins, notoriety, style of football, etc. individual recruiters make a difference, but not like they did before information was available at the push of a button.

The fla. boards indicated it was mutual, but that Urban had somebody else in mind, that's nothing official of course.

yeah from what I heard Meyer wasn't very happy with him so it was one of those either leave are be fired kind of things and that meyer did have someone else in mind, drayton was a very good recruiter though.

We have three that transfered, one is red shirted. We haven't had a legit RB in the three years imo. Drayton just wasn't getting the job done maybe the vols will have better luck with him.

I didn't see this posted anywhere.

It looks like UM asked Drayton to leave... more or less.

Jacksonville.com

Yep, that's the vibe i got trolling the Fla. boards...still, he's a good replacement, Trooper "like" in that he has an in recruiting in Fla., at least Lakeland, and ambitious. Sounds like he's a "pound the rock" kinda guy, he's coached backs everywhere he's been with a little special teams as well. The fact he's worked with Clawson is a plus, if he ends up being OC.:thumbsup:

I personally like the move. He is a top notch recruiter and I believe he will do fine coaching our RBs up.

I personally like the move. He is a top notch recruiter and I believe he will do fine coaching our RBs up.

And he's all mustached up so he'll fit in well with the rest of the staff. If Clawson is gonna be effective, a handle bar m'stash would do nicely.:victory:

I read that Drayton said his objective was to eventually land an NFL job and coaching at Tennessee provides him a better opportunity to advance his reputation in that we run an offense more patterned after what most NFL teams run as opposed to Florida. Seems as if he and Meyer didn't get along very well. What better way to jab at your former boss than to defect to the enemy. Faxgate part 2? Rumor has it Florida may lose their other good recruiter in Coach Doc Holliday who is a WVU alum/former player &asst coach who interviewed for the HC position already, but may take a position on the new staff. This wouldn't seem to bode well for the Gators with signing date looming. At least we can hope that it doesn't.

Tom, I think that for now the Meyer system, having a Heisman QB, facilties and location of Gainesville in FLA are UF's biggest recruiting assets. I doubt they lose anyone that really matters to them unless Meyer or Tebow leave.

I have read more about Drayton and he does sound like a good choice although I do think the new OC needs to be able to have input in these decisions. If it later turns out that there is an OC in the bag and he had some say in Drayton's hiring then I will be satisfied that a proper procedure was followed.

Why is UT hiring UF rejects? Surely there must be some top RB coaches in the U.S. that can develop a running game. It doesn't sound like Drayton did much at UF except recruit. UT needs top position coaches, especially at RB.

If meyer is blaming drayton for the michigan game, he better also fire a bunch of their defensive coaches---UF's defense is a joke and will not be any good next year either! UT should light up UF's secondary next year for big points---I see an easy win coming.

I anticipate a lot of things happening year after year, however, I will NEVER see and easy win over Florida coming.

Im just doing cartwheels that we landed a top notch recruiter. It was much needed with TT's loss.

VN Store

Back