Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

Huh? Reggie Bush ran the ball in college just as he does in the NFL.

Kind of like how Percy Harvin catches passes in college, just like he will in the NFL. You aren't too quick are you? If you watched Bush at all in college, you would know that he rarely lined up in a traditional pro setting and lined up at WR quite a bit. Kind of like Harvin except the roles are reversed. That comparison may be a little difficult for you to grasp since they don't play the same position.

I didnt want to read through all the posts, especially considering that 90% are not related to Stan Drayton.
I see this as a good hire. He obviously has been around enough to see different coaching styles, he obviously can recruit, and probably can get us a great connection to Florida talent.

He sounds like a good pick. Welcome aboard Mr. Drayton. I dont know how many RB he's coached I know Westbrook was one.

I kinda think we got him more for recruiting and trying to break up the urban meyer talent pipeline. Someone needs to might as well be us:)

From the Florida message boards, nobody seems to be crying and most thought he was gonna get the ax as Urban already has somebody in mind, he was also the lowest paid coach on the staff apparently, though that's not confirmed.

From the Florida message boards, nobody seems to be crying and most thought he was gonna get the ax as Urban already has somebody in mind, he was also the lowest paid coach on the staff apparently, though that's not confirmed.

im suprised the UF fans even knew they had a RB coach

Just read through his bio in the UF media guide. 3 time AA RB with Alleghany, with the team winning 1 national championship. Top 25 recruiter as per Rivals. He also has significant experience in Special Teams. 3 years with Green Bay in the league.

Fill could have done worse, looks like a pretty good hire.

A obvious upgrade from roper. We actually let our running backs run with the football. He was probably getting bored at florida having nothing to do and all.:p

this thread gave me a reason to pull out this smilie

10.gif

beat that!

Frank Zappa comes to mind with this one. :lolabove:

I really like this hire..
he's a top 25 recruiter according to rivals, and he seems to be able to coach guys good also..
he might be another TT type guy

I really like this hire..
he's a top 25 recruiter according to rivals, and he seems to be able to coach guys good also..
he might be another TT type guy

I hope you're right. The players who were close to TT need new coaches they can rally around. Motivation is a huge part of winning in the college game.

A UF fan told me Drayton was fired by Urban meyer---what gives?

From what I heard he was going to be let go but took a job with us before it happened. Someone had to take the fall for their season why not the one position UF doesnt use?

The fla. boards indicated it was mutual, but that Urban had somebody else in mind, that's nothing official of course.

If meyer is blaming drayton for the michigan game, he better also fire a bunch of their defensive coaches---UF's defense is a joke and will not be any good next year either! UT should light up UF's secondary next year for big points---I see an easy win coming.

VN Store

Back