State Of The Union 2024

OK, what do you think of Asics shoes?
I went to a sports medicine clinic and had my feet and posture looked at. They recommended the Hokas. I was in Nike at the time. Love the Hokas. Never tried ASICS.

If you’re a runner, check in on the running thread every now and then

During her State of the Union rebuttal, Sen. Katie Britt told an anecdote of a girl who she met, who had been the victim of human trafficking. During this anecdote, Sen. Britt heavily implied that this had occurred during Joe Biden's presidency, and that Biden was directly to blame for it. That victim has come forward to clarify that she was trafficked from 2004-2008, when George W. Bush was the President of the United States. The victim is angry that her story was misrepresented for political purposes. Sen. Britt customized her anecdote in such a way as to meet the needs of her narrative and political agenda.

With the wide open borders and the current administration trying everything they can to prevent its security I’m sure trafficking isn’t a problem. But let’s absolutely ignore Biden colossal failure and hope this distraction from it helps people forget that.

With the wide open borders and the current administration trying everything they can to prevent its security I’m sure trafficking isn’t a problem. But let’s absolutely ignore Biden colossal failure and hope this distraction from it helps people forget that.
Not only did the story that Sen. Katie Britt recounted not take place during the Biden presidency, it didn't even take place in the United States. The 12 year old girl that Sen. Britt was describing was a victim of human sex trafficking, but she was trafficked and sexually abused in Mexico from 2004-2008 by Mexican drug cartels. She was never even in the United States in those years. That victim's tragedy did not involve a problem of security at the border.

You are totally missing the point.

If Sen. Katie Britt wanted to use an example of how Joe Biden's policies have led to the exploitation and abuse of children, then she should have cited a different victim (I'm sure that there are some legitimate examples). Instead, Sen. Britt wanted to incorporate herself into the story, so she cited an example of someone who she had actually met. The problem with that is, that particular victim's case doesn't have anything to do with Joe Biden or border security. Sen. Britt's rebuttal was highly misleading, to the extent of being a flat out lie. The actual victim has even said so.

What Sen. Katie Britt did was wrong. She customized that victim's tragedy to meet the needs of a desired narrative from her political agenda. That is in itself, a form of exploitation.

Last edited:
Not only did the story that Sen. Katie Britt recounted not take place during the Biden presidency, it didn't even take place in the United States. The 12 year old girl that Sen. Britt was describing was a victim of human sex trafficking, but she was trafficked and sexually abused in Mexico from 2004-2008 by Mexican drug cartels. She was never even in the United States in those years. That victim's tragedy did not involve a problem of security at the border.

If Sen. Katie Britt wanted to use an example of how Joe Biden's policies have led to the exploitation and abuse of children, then she should have cited a different victim (I'm sure that there are some legitimate examples). Instead, Sen. Britt wanted to incorporate herself into the story, so she cited an example of someone who she had actually met. The problem with that is, that particular victim's case doesn't have anything to do with Joe Biden or border security. Sen. Britt's rebuttal was highly misleading, to the extent of being a flat out lie. The actual victim has even said so.

What Sen. Katie Britt did was wrong. She customized that victim's tragedy to meet the needs of a desired narrative from her political agenda. That is in itself, a form of exploitation.
I didnt watch the rebuttal because they are basically worthless..
Did she specifically say the event she described as happening recently??? Or during Joe's presidency??? Or did she just allude to it(

I didnt watch the rebuttal because they are basically worthless..
Did she specifically say the event she described as happening recently??? Or during Joe's presidency??? Or did she just allude to it(
In the middle of a lengthy rant where she was being critical of how Joe Biden's administration has handled the border crisis, Sen. Katie Britt took an aside, to give an anecdotal account of a human trafficking victim from Mexico she had met who was sexually abused when she was 12 years old. The account itself is completely true .... but Sen. Britt left out two important details before continuing with her rant against Biden's border security :

1) The victim she encountered is now 31 years old. So, her tragedy obviously did not occur during Biden's presidency. It occurred from 2004-2008.

2). The human trafficking did not take place in the United States. The victim was trafficked by drug cartels in Mexico. The victim was never even in the United States from 2004-2008. Her case was the result of a lawless Mexican society; not the result of poor border security on the part of the United States. This victim's case had nothing to do with what Sen. Britt had been ranting about. It was a highly misleading speech.

Sen. Katie Britt should have used another victim to support the case she had been building against the Biden administration, but if she had done that, she would not have been able to describe the victim in the format of an anecdote - which was the whole point. Sen. Britt wanted to incorporate herself into a victim's story, as a means of self-promotion. In this case, however, the actual victim she had met did not appreciate having her abusive past exploited for political gain.

In the middle of a lengthy rant where she was being critical of how Joe Biden's administration has handled the border crisis, Sen. Katie Britt took an aside, to give an anecdotal account of a human trafficking victim from Mexico she had met who was sexually abused when she was 12 years old. The account itself is completely true .... but Sen. Britt left out two important details before continuing with her rant against Biden's border security :

1) The victim she encountered is now 31 years old. So, her tragedy obviously did not occur during Biden's presidency. It occurred from 2004-2008.

2). The human trafficking did not take place in the United States. The victim was trafficked by drug cartels in Mexico. The victim was never even in the United States from 2004-2008. Her case was the result of a lawless Mexican society; not the result of poor border security on the part of the United States. This victim's case had nothing to do with what Sen. Britt had been ranting about. It was a highly misleading speech.

Sen. Katie Britt should have used another victim to support the case she had been building against the Biden administration, but if she had done that, she would not have been able to describe the victim in the format of an anecdote - which was the whole point. Sen. Britt wanted to incorporate herself into a victim's story, as a means of self-promotion. In this case, however, the actual victim she had met did not appreciate having her abusive past exploited for political gain.
She's a lying idiot.

That doesn't change, and is far less important, than the fact that it took 3 years for Biden to realize their was a problem. Hell he and his admin denied it for years.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
She's a lying idiot.

That doesn't change, and is far less important, than the fact that it took 3 years for Biden to realize their was a problem. Hell he and his admin denied it for years.
I agree with you .... The only point I was making, is what you seem to agree with :

"She's a lying idiot,"

Reactions: volfanhill

Thanks for the synopsis...she dumb for sure....but in the words of fact checkers, technically she didn't lie
.her story needed context....lol

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Thanks for the synopsis...she dumb for sure....but in the words of fact checkers, technically she didn't lie
.her story needed context....lol

You also don't tell stories like that in public without support and notice to the person you are talking about. Either that or just keep it very vague to the point where no one could ever identify who the person is or even fact-check the story.

You also don't tell stories like that in public without support and notice to the person you are talking about. Either that or just keep it very vague to the point where no one could ever identify who the person is or even fact-check the story.
Exactly..she's a dummy for trying..especially with internet

Again…..trying to distract by whatever you can grab on to doesn’t negate the absolute cluster**** Biden has created at the border.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I mean I hate Trump's dum ass, but I'm glad the "lie counters" are still working....had me worried there for a sec

That's because the link is to a reputable site. There are countless state regime media sites where the counter is turned off.

Give me a break .... Fox News is trying to carry water for an obvious liar. Sen. Katie Britt strongly implied that the victim she was describing had been trafficked during Biden's presidency, and that this was Biden's fault. That is the point here. Fox News is splitting hairs in their defensive effort.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back