Still think Bray is better than Ainge??

If you had a choice, who would you rather have at QB this year, Bray or Ainge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
Surely you don't.

By my count, Ainge mailed it in once... at LSU 05' and that was more of just a dumb@ss play and momentary mental breakdown... and don't say LSU 07' because, again, that too was just a horrible throw.

IMO,,, i'd much rather have Ainge than Bray... but that's not possible so here we come 7-5, 5-7...

Surely you don't.

By my count, Ainge mailed it in once... at LSU 05' and that was more of just a dumb@ss play and momentary mental breakdown... and don't say LSU 07' because, again, that too was just a horrible throw.

IMO,,, i'd much rather have Ainge than Bray... but that's not possible so here we come 7-5, 5-7...

Sigh.

Reactions: 5 people
Seriously...I love Ainge, but that dude had trouble holding off a not so talented Rick Clausen for most of his career.

Not sure about Ainge vs Bray, but I wouldn't blink at taking Casey Clausen over Bray. Would do it in a heartbeat.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 22 people
Not sure about Ainge vs Bray, but I wouldn't blink at taking Casey Clausen over Bray. Would do it in a heartbeat.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agreed. We didn't know quite what we had with Casey. He was ice-cold and often played the best in big games. He wasn't the most loved guy on campus either.

Agreed. We didn't know quite what we had with Casey. He was ice-cold and often played the best in big games. He wasn't the most loved guy on campus either.

Bray is nowhere near as laid back and stand-offish as CC, but I believe his Cali-tude and somewhat laid back demeanor is what gets so many on this board riled up, claiming he doesn't care enough (or whatever the rallying cry is...).

Is he a little immature? Sure. Remember Peyton Mooning? I think we can all agree he turned out okay, even with his immature shenanigans.

Bray is extremely talented and will eventually carry over his explosive play into the big games. Whether he goes this year or next, Bray will not only be drafted in the first 2 rounds, but he will be successful (more so if he stays for his senior season) in the league.

when Bray wins a game against a quality team, we'll can have an honest debate. Until then, Ainge all day every day.

Reactions: 12 people
Bray is nowhere near as laid back and stand-offish as CC, but I believe his Cali-tude and somewhat laid back demeanor is what gets so many on this board riled up, claiming he doesn't care enough (or whatever the rallying cry is...).

Is he a little immature? Sure. Remember Peyton Mooning? I think we can all agree he turned out okay, even with his immature shenanigans.

Bray is extremely talented and will eventually carry over his explosive play into the big games. Whether he goes this year or next, Bray will not only be drafted in the first 2 rounds, but he will be successful (more so if he stays for his senior season) in the league.

Not in the NFL, no he will not...............

Ainge was never the same after the ND game his freshmen year. Shoulder injury definitely affected him.

Ainge was scared of the pressure that came with being the starting quarterback. Rick Clausen outplayed him.

Clausen played only when Ainge was injured and could'nt play. And he did play hurt a lot. 2006 Georgia ranked #10 UT ranked #13, in Athens UT down 24-7 halftime Ainge leads them backto 51-33 win. Bray has never sniffed victory against Georgia. Even with the lack of talent between teams then and now, Ainge was a smarter player and a leader, thats the biggest difference between the two.

Bray is the best quarterback that we have had since Peyton Manning..............

And yes Shirley, I am serious.

"Eventually"

That was said. Unbelievable.

Bray doesn't have that much longer. He might want to win a big SEC game sometime.

Bray is the best quarterback that we have had since Peyton Manning..............

When Bray gets serious about film study and good on the field decisions, and actually beats an sec team with a winning record let me know. Raw talent wise, yes Bray is close to Manning but it ends there as well.

Reactions: 2 people
Bray will do better in the long run. He is a better passer. Still has some learning to do on forcing the ball. But overall mo better.

Need someone or something to help this day get better. As of right now this day has been one of the worst I've had in awhile. -- Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8)

Just saw that tweet from Bray, posted 20 min ago. I wonder what that's all about.

VN Store

Back