Still think Bray is better than Ainge??

If you had a choice, who would you rather have at QB this year, Bray or Ainge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need someone or something to help this day get better. As of right now this day has been one of the worst I've had in awhile. -- Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8)

Just saw that tweet from Bray, posted 20 min ago. I wonder what that's all about.

Could be ANYTHING. Bad quiz grade to burning urination. Gotta take twitter with a big grain of salt.

Need someone or something to help this day get better. As of right now this day has been one of the worst I've had in awhile. -- Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8)

Just saw that tweet from Bray, posted 20 min ago. I wonder what that's all about.

:givemebeer:

Aunt Flo is running late on her visit with Peaches...

I like both of them. I can remember many on this board were furious at Ainge's "dinking and dunking". I voted for Bray because of his upside potential. Bray will probably grow into a good NFL QB when he learns how to lead as well as he throws.

Bray is the best quarterback that we have had since Peyton Manning..............

And yes Shirley, I am serious.

Better than Tee Martin, Casey Clausen, Rick Clausen, Ainge, Compton, BJ Coleman, Nick Stephens, Nash Nance, Jim Bob Cooter....whoever else we have had since Peyton. Many of those had a cup of coffee in the NFL. Bray will make it in the big show.

Bray doesn't have quite the d backing him up that Ainge had. I'd take Bray under cutcliffe with that d any day of the week

Reactions: 3 people
Do I get before ND Ainge (you know, one of the best freshman QB in SEC history) or after ND Ainge? Because it makes a difference.

Not in the NFL, no he will not...............

Will he have Manning's career? Likely not. But that is not the standard for success, that is the standard for best ever at the position. Many thought Stafford was a terrible choice a few years back, I would consider him pretty successful. Bray has a lot more talent and potential than many on this board give him credit for.

"Eventually"

That was said. Unbelievable.

Bray doesn't have that much longer. He might want to win a big SEC game sometime.

Eventually could mean this week, or it could be Crompton-esque and not be until next year - but the light bulb will come on.

When Bray gets serious about film study and good on the field decisions, and actually beats an sec team with a winning record let me know. Raw talent wise, yes Bray is close to Manning but it ends there as well.

And yes Shirley, I am serious.

Where has he (or someone in the know) said he's NOT serious about film study? Oh, that's right, he didn't watch part of the Florida game. He was probably pretty disappointed in his performance and the outcome of the game, and at that point, I wouldn't have wanted to watch my tape either. I'm willing to bet that he has watched it since then, though. I just don't believe that Bray is as lazy/bad about watching and studying film as some on here seem to know he is.

I like both of them. I can remember many on this board were furious at Ainge's "dinking and dunking". I voted for Bray because of his upside potential. Bray will probably grow into a good NFL QB when he learns how to read [as in defenses] as well as he throws.

FYP

Bray and Ainge are very similar quarterbacks--good arm but absolutely no mobility and weak leadership skills, unless I'm wrong about Ainge. I'm not at all sold on Bray as an NFL quarterback: to play in the NFL, QBs have to be able to "extend plays"--a term you hear the experts talk about a lot, which means buy an extra couple of seconds in the pocket by moving around, stepping away from pressure, and finding a receiver. Bray cannot really do that--he's helpless against pressure. And he needs to be more of a leader--don't see that from him. Playing NFL QB is about a lot more than just winging the ball.

Bray and Ainge are very similar quarterbacks--good arm but absolutely no mobility and weak leadership skills, unless I'm wrong about Ainge. I'm not at all sold on Bray as an NFL quarterback: to play in the NFL, QBs have to be able to "extend plays"--a term you hear the experts talk about a lot, which means buy an extra couple of seconds in the pocket by moving around, stepping away from pressure, and finding a receiver. Bray cannot really do that--he's helpless against pressure. And he needs to be more of a leader--don't see that from him. Playing NFL QB is about a lot more than just winging the ball.

This is how I know you are either clueless when watching games or just don't watch them at all. Bray has some of the better pocket presence we have seen in a long time. He's not a run threat, but he shifts in his pocket REALLY well. Now what he does with the ball after moving in the pocket is another story.

Ummm, do you not remember the difference between he and Matt Simms? Interceptions aside, Bray extended the play (with a very young line) when Simms got laid out (but that made him a good leader apparently).

This is how I know you are either clueless when watching games or just don't watch them at all. Bray has some of the better pocket presence we have seen in a long time. He's not a run threat, but he shifts in his pocket REALLY well. Now what he does with the ball after moving in the pocket is another story.

^This

This is his biggest problem imo. His inability to do what you're describing above makes him too one dimensional. He's too scurd of contact.

Eric Ainge by 3 tds Ainge Could beat Great teams was a Leader something Bray will never become.

VN Store

Back