Still think Bray is better than Ainge??

If you had a choice, who would you rather have at QB this year, Bray or Ainge

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Need someone or something to help this day get better. As of right now this day has been one of the worst I've had in awhile. -- Tyler Bray (@tbrayvol8)

Just saw that tweet from Bray, posted 20 min ago. I wonder what that's all about.

He opened this thread...

Surely you don't.

By my count, Ainge mailed it in once... at LSU 05' and that was more of just a dumb@ss play and momentary mental breakdown... and don't say LSU 07' because, again, that too was just a horrible throw.

IMO,,, i'd much rather have Ainge than Bray... but that's not possible so here we come 7-5, 5-7...

Arm strength, Bray.
Progression, Bray.
Mental toughness, Ainge
For me it's 2-1 Bray, but Ainge just found a way to win and his running game and OL was better than what we have now. Bottom line is, let's finish the season and then have this conversation.

VFL!

Reactions: 1 person
Was that the same year Ainge tried to help LSU win and Tn came back and won ?

Yup. I remember where I was when I watched that game. It was a heck of a game. Glad we won it, because it gave several of us some heart palpitations.

The question should be:

Who would you rather have?

O Jim Chaney

O David Cutcliffe

remember when the 'fans' dissed Cut as a HC choice because he was a CPF protege? I doubt anyone knows more about the O like Cut

Surely you don't.

By my count, Ainge mailed it in once... at LSU 05' and that was more of just a dumb@ss play and momentary mental breakdown... and don't say LSU 07' because, again, that too was just a horrible throw.

IMO,,, i'd much rather have Ainge than Bray... but that's not possible so here we come 7-5, 5-7...

Trololol

I always felt like Ainge was going to lose us the game. With Bray, I feel like he can win us any game. He's got infinite amount of more talent he just needs polishing. If he actually makes an effort to improve his footwork, when he matures he could be one of the next best in the NFL.

As far as talent level, I'd take Bray any day over Ainge. That's not a knock on Ainge; he was a very good QB here (this is about the point where Rasputin comes in), but Bray's talent level is certainly capable of making the NFL, and I even think he could be a starter for multiple years with the talent he has. It's just his maturity level that's somewhat concerning.

Bray isn't scared to death like Ainge was.... Ainge could read coverages, that's about all i give him......

Surely you don't.

Does Bray get the teams Ainge played on and vice versa?? Bray would put up huge numbers in that situation..Ainge?? He wouldn't even have the starting job if he's on the teams Bray has had to play on and..

JMHO

Ainge's problem was that it appeared, early in his stay at UT, that he was putting too much pressure on himself; Bray's problem is that it appears as if he barely ever puts pressure on himself (yes, I know he cried after the Georgia game...maybe he is finally starting to realize that he needs to carry the burden and do so seriously). Bray has better talent, but he is still making freshman mistakes; Ainge was not as talented but was playing at a veteran level by his junior year.

VN Store

Back