stock market was up today...

Biden had nothing to do with the 20% ramp or this decline.

Why does everything have to be political?
I think at least a factor in this initial selloff is geopolitical instability, especially in the middle east, which I think can be at least partially attributed to weak US leadership.

Unrelated to Biden directly, but it doesn't help that big tech has had over 100,000 layoffs this year. Intel just recently laid off 15,000 which is not promising to say the least.

Trump should have never agreed to all the covid relief nonsense, agreed. But for the most part his economic policies and those of his party are far better. Although far from perfect
How much debt was added under Trump?

The only differences between Ds and Rs on the economy are around the edges.

I think at least a factor in this initial selloff is geopolitical instability, especially in the middle east, which I think can be at least partially attributed to weak US leadership.

Also, it doesn't help that big tech has had over 100,000 layoffs this year. Intel just recently laid off 15,000 which is not promising to say the least.
Ukraine and the ME have been on fire for over 2 years now.

The move the last several trading sessions is a freakout about Fed policy and whether or not they've made a mistake with not cutting yet, plus the release of the BOJ minutes last week. Japan isn't falling 20% in 2 days because of ME worries.

The move the last several trading sessions is a freakout about Fed policy and whether or not they've made a mistake with not cutting yet, plus the release of the BOJ minutes last week. Japan isn't falling 20% in 2 days because of ME worries.

Kamala having a better chance to win over Trump is another recent concern. But control of Congress will be far more impactful. I shudder at the possibility of Kamala not having at least a split Congress to keep her extreme views in check.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Kamala having a better chance to win over Trump is another recent concern. But control of Congress will be far more impactful. I shudder at the possibility of Kamala not having at least a split Congress to keep her extreme views in check.
There was a very muted market reaction to Biden being pushed out. I do agree that if she wins, Congress needs to be split.

Yes, but there is a very real possibility of a conflict between Israel and Iran based on recent events. I don't think it's unreasonable that it could be at least a factor in the US selloff. I'm not saying it's the primary factor.

Yes, but there is a very real possibility of a conflict between Israel and Iran based on recent events. I don't think it's unreasonable that it could be at least a factor in the US selloff. I'm not saying it's the primary factor.
There is definitely a possibility of a conflict occurring, but crude has gone from 84 to 73 over the last 2 weeks. It's selling off for the same reason the equity market is.

There was a very muted market reaction to Biden being pushed out. I do agree that if she wins, Congress needs to be split.

It wasn’t a surprise that he was pushed out. Only the MSM and the liars running the left pretended like it wasn’t inevitable. What could be shocking the markets is that she actually has a shot to beat Trump (after failing to win 1% of the 2020 primary).

VN Store

Back